[Script] WME RA Util

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, Glodenox, JustinS83

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME RA Util

Postby ariksa » Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:54 pm

iainhouse wrote:It's a known, and deliberate limitation.

This sounds totally reasonable. Thank you for the prompt reply!
ariksa
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby lg1992 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:40 am

iainhouse wrote:If a roundabout has more than 4 nodes, then it is always non-normal and what the angles are is irrelevant, so there's not a lot of point spending time calculating them and drawing them. :)

There're many normal roundabouts in my area that have more than 4 nodes. Here's an example.
Leonid, Country Manager, Israel
lg1992
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby abc1357 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:23 pm

The term normal used with regards to roundabouts is not the standard English definition. I would assume that iainhouse was using the Wazeopedia definition whereby a normal roundabout requires all of the following:
  • 2-4 nodes.
  • All exit nodes aligned within "normal" range of the entry node
  • A diameter less than 50 meters
The roundabout you linked has more than 4 nodes, so by definition, it is not a normal roundabout.
-- abc1357 --
California State Manager

[ img ] [ img ] [ img ] [ img ]
abc1357
State Manager
State Manager

Postby lg1992 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 3:02 am

The fact is that Waze gives the instructions straight/right/left on the referred roundabout, and therefore it would be usable to show angles for it.
Leonid, Country Manager, Israel
lg1992
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby iainhouse » Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:53 pm

lg1992 wrote:The fact is that Waze gives the instructions straight/right/left on the referred roundabout, and therefore it would be usable to show angles for it.

If it does so, then it is a special for the Israel server.

Roundabouts in ROW will not give these instructions if there are more than 4 connections. As far as I am aware, Waze have tried to make the app work with more than 4 connections on a couple of occasions. The first time was a worldwide disaster, with the instructions for roundabouts going completely wrong, and it took 20 days before Waze managed to fix it. I think they tried it once again since then, but it didn't work then either.

Anyway, I'm not the author of this script; I know Justin doesn't have much time for scripting at the moment, so I'm just trying to help by providing information. I can confirm that the limitation is directly coded into the script and I'm giving you an educated guess as to why that is so.

The part of the script that does the angles is actually taken from an older script that did angles. I don't know how much Justin changed that code. I don't know whether he added that limitation, or whether he would be open to removing it.

If you want to modify your copy of the script, the test is at line 990:
Code: Select all
if (numNodes >= 2 && numNodes <= 4 && W.map.getZoom() >= 5) {

Personally, I prefer the limitation. It's a good visual indicator that tweaking the roundabout angles isn't going to make any change to instructions. ;)
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
UK AdminsUK WikiWaze FAQWMEFU Script :ugeek:
I want to go to a commune in Vermont and deal with no unit of time shorter than a season
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager

Location: on the road from London to insanity, with Waze HQ in the driving seat

Postby ariksa » Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:30 pm

iainhouse wrote: If you want to modify your copy of the script, the test is at line 990:
Code: Select all
if (numNodes >= 2 && numNodes <= 4 && W.map.getZoom() >= 5) {

So, I did change the code and tested on the aforementioned RA.
It seems to work (I compared the angles to WME Junction Angle script).
[ img ]

If the guidance is special for Israel, we can benefit from this tweak.
ariksa
Area Manager
Area Manager

Previous

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts