Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

[Script] WME Place Harmonizer v1.2

Post by
This is the new forum home for WMEPH.
WME Place Harmonizer (WMEPH) is a script originally written by BMTG.
The script is now Administered by t0cableguy, and the lead developers are MapOMatic and ravenDT

https://github.com/WazeUSA/WME-Place-Ha ... 0thumb.png
  • Color highlights and borders are placed on each place on the map according to the image above. Each type indicates a problem, or completion level. There is also a setting to disable highlights for places you cannot update without approval.
  • When "Run Wmeph" is pressed several items appear at the top of the Place panel. Text Boxes appear for you to input the relevant information as well as buttons for various services (Not on Parking lots). You will search accordingly and input information into each field and click add. WMEPH formats and inserts the information into the right place in the place panel. Re running the checks by pressing "Run WMEPH" will recheck the fields and lock the place when the values are all present.
  • The script will match names to chains in the Place Name Harmonization list when matches are found.
For more information about PNH contact your regional moderators. PNH Moderators and Submission Forms

Editors in USA and Canada can use the script.

Full features and Use
For expanded information about the script please refer to the WME Place Harmonizer Wiki

Issues
WMEPH Github Issues page
Please check above for any existing issues. Be sure to refrain from reporting the same issue multiple times. If you aren't sure about adding an issue Please contact t0cableguy or MapOMatic directly.

Installation
WME Place harmonizer requires Tampermonkey (Chrome or Firefox)

WME Place Harmonizer (Tampermonkey Version)

For information about beta testing please contact t0cableguy.

POSTER_ID:16941753

Send a message
Last edited by carloslaso on Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:08 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Reason: version

Post by Inactive user -1697532064-
ldriveskier wrote:
subs5 wrote:For Fas Mart, which is the convenience store for some Valero Gas Stations, is it worth putting in Fast Mart and Fastmart as alt names? Received a UR since they went to wrong location due to a bad search import for the alt name.
I thought we just created a point place for them in the gas station. They generally have their own URL, phone number, etc.
The gas station wiki says to add the convenience store as an alt name. That seems fine with me; I'm not sure how many convenience stores actually have separate phone numbers and URLs, or how many people would search for them separately from the gas station. From looking at PNH it seems like common practice to add the convenience store category to gas stations, so it makes sense to add the convenience store alt name as well in those cases.
tonestertm wrote:I have no experience with Fas Mart, but ldriveskier may have a point? The salient question is: is anyone ever going to search specifically for a Fas Mart, or are they "only" likely to choose between two Valero stations, based on whether there's a Fas Mart there? (And, are there standalone Fas Marts?)
If there are standalone Fas Marts then it might make sense to map the GS-associated ones separately as well, because then it's more of its own brand rather than just a part of a gas station. I could see doing that for 7/11 for example. Might be worth proposing a change to the GS wiki.
Inactive user -1697532064-
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Send a message
Galaxy S20 FE on Mint
Retired SM Ohio
Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.
-John 8:32

Post by abc1357
My WMEPH got updated to 1.2.19 this morning. Now, when I select a PP and click the WMEPH button, nothing happens...I shut down all scripts, leaving only Toolbox running. Still no joy. Running Chrome on a Mac.
abc1357
State Manager
State Manager
Answers: 2
Send a message

Post by adamwillis
Has this script been abandoned? The latest update to the harmonizer is updating to v1.3.14 and the UserScript Update URL changed to 'undefined'.
The update url has changed from:
'https://greasyfork.org/scripts/28690-wm ... er.user.js' to: 'undefined'
adamwillis
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by ajcadoo
dspille wrote:My apologies if this has already been discussed, but since HNs are not required for PLAs when a parking lot name is present, would it be possible/advisable not to flag for a missing HN? Also, since a website and phone number are generally not required for PLAs unless there is a third party operator, would it be a good idea not to flag the missing website and phone if there is no operator specified?
Do we have a consensus on this point? It is a very strong point that should be addressed.
ajcadoo
Map Editor - level 3
Map Editor - level 3
Send a message

Post by ajcadoo
juliansean wrote:It would be a two step check then. If name present HN not needed. We would still want it flagged with no name and no HN.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agreed. I think this makes the most sense.
ajcadoo
Map Editor - level 3
Map Editor - level 3
Send a message

Post by Alpha_VA
Hi!

When accessing a suggestion (PUR) where the object is yet not confirmed, the script nevertheless modifies the point object making it impossible to save the object thereafter. The script should not modify any pending objects.

Regards,

Andreas
Alpha_VA
Send a message

Post by Alpha_VA
In the 64 bit version of Firefox 54, I get a "CODE BLUE: -1" when loading WME and WMEPH.
Alpha_VA
Send a message

Post by Alpha_VA
Rechecked that, sorry, my fault... it's WME Validator.
Alpha_VA
Send a message

Post by APettyJ
jm6087 wrote:Have you updated your Language Settings? You must be in US English, not just English in order for it to work.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!
APettyJ
Send a message
WME L3: Junior Editor
App Beta Tester Waze v 4.22.1.901
Sprint
Samsung Galaxy Note 5
Android 7.0
Philadelphia, PA, USA

Post by AugieAStL
On gas stations..similar to the Add Convenience Store Category "Yes" button. Could there also be an Add Car Wash Category "Yes" button?
AugieAStL
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message