[Script] WME Place Harmonizer v1.2

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

[Script] WME Place Harmonizer v1.2

Postby t0cableguy » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:29 am

This is the new forum home for WMEPH.
WME Place Harmonizer (WMEPH) is a script originally written by BMTG.
The script is now Administered by t0cableguy, and the lead developers are MapOMatic and ravenDT

[ img ]
  • Color highlights and borders are placed on each place on the map according to the image above. Each type indicates a problem, or completion level. There is also a setting to disable highlights for places you cannot update without approval.
  • When "Run Wmeph" is pressed several items appear at the top of the Place panel. Text Boxes appear for you to input the relevant information as well as buttons for various services (Not on Parking lots). You will search accordingly and input information into each field and click add. WMEPH formats and inserts the information into the right place in the place panel. Re running the checks by pressing "Run WMEPH" will recheck the fields and lock the place when the values are all present.
  • The script will match names to chains in the Place Name Harmonization list when matches are found.
For more information about PNH contact your regional moderators. PNH Moderators and Submission Forms

Editors in USA and Canada can use the script.

Full features and Use
For expanded information about the script please refer to the WME Place Harmonizer Wiki

Issues
WMEPH Github Issues page
Please check above for any existing issues. Be sure to refrain from reporting the same issue multiple times. If you aren't sure about adding an issue Please contact t0cableguy or MapOMatic directly.

Installation
WME Place harmonizer requires Tampermonkey (Chrome or Firefox)

WME Place Harmonizer (Tampermonkey Version)

For information about beta testing please contact t0cableguy.
Last edited by carloslaso on Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:08 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Reason: version
I'm no longer editing. Please don't contact me with things regarding Waze, unless you want the info on how to take over the SE URcomments list. Then email or send me a message on GHO at gmail.com t0cableguy@
t0cableguy

Re: [Script] WME Place Harmonizer v1.1.xx

Postby t0cableguy » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:29 am

v1.2 updates
  • Yellow "caution" map highlights.
  • Convert to offices shows for all hospital/medical care category places.
  • Missing external provider (Google linked place) is flagged if R3+.
  • Optional setting to treat missing external provider link as a blue flag instead of red.
  • Improvements to hospital, gas station, and PLA highlighting.
  • Layout and data entry improvements.
  • Fixed PNH matching Hilton Head to Hilton the hotel, (regexmatch ability for all PNH names as needed!)
  • Removal of minimum editor rank requirement. Any editor can now use the basic functionality of the script!
  • A boatload of bug fixes.
Last edited by t0cableguy on Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:07 am, edited 3 times in total.
I'm no longer editing. Please don't contact me with things regarding Waze, unless you want the info on how to take over the SE URcomments list. Then email or send me a message on GHO at gmail.com t0cableguy@
t0cableguy

Postby nzahn1 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:55 pm

Great work PH team/developers! Love the script.
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
Rank 6 | US Local Champ | Maryland SM | WME Beta | iOS Beta
WME Profile E-Mail MD Twitter MDForum MDWiki Welcome!
nzahn1
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby fjsawicki » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:52 am

Thanks for bringing this one back!!! You guys have done a great job.

One thing I would like to see is the "Convert to Offices" be available on anything that has a medical category. I'm seeing a lot of places where only the "change to area" button is available for things like "Medical Homecare Supply" or offices that are labeled "Spyglass Medical Building".

Thanks again for bringing this app back.
Florida State Manager R5 | Edits to avoid | SE Wiki |
SER Discord Link |
fjsawicki
State Manager
State Manager

Postby juliansean » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:22 pm

Prior to running WMEPH on a place that is already linked to GM there is a clickable link to the location on GM. After running WMEPH to harmonize the address stays but is no longer a clickable link. This changed after the last update.

Thanks for your hard work on this script. It's great.
Sean Julian
MSM: TX, LA, MS, AR, OK
AM: Southeast FL, Boston, MA, Bronx, NY, Manhattan, NY, Queens, NY, Eastern California

[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
juliansean
State Manager
State Manager

Postby t0cableguy » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:57 am

fjsawicki wrote:Thanks for bringing this one back!!! You guys have done a great job.

One thing I would like to see is the "Convert to Offices" be available on anything that has a medical category. I'm seeing a lot of places where only the "change to area" button is available for things like "Medical Homecare Supply" or offices that are labeled "Spyglass Medical Building".

Thanks again for bringing this app back.

Permalinks of these examples are very useful here. There is a rough match that requires us to add names to check against. I just added "lab" so it should catch anything with labcorp or labs or the like. You can even press the report bug and let me know what is wrong, it will automatically put a permalink in the PM. That is probably the best method to "keep me accountable" with those reports. I'd be happy to update the sheets to help catch these bogus 'hospitals'.
t0cableguy

Postby dspille » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:20 pm

Just noticed on the 1.1.84 beta that I'm now getting a "This parent category is usually not mapped in this region" message for the "Shopping and services" category for a Texas place. Was something recently changed on this?
Thanks,
dspille
Country Manager, Multi-State Manager - South Central Region

SCR Wiki
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
dspille
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby t0cableguy » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:56 am

dspille wrote:Just noticed on the 1.1.84 beta that I'm now getting a "This parent category is usually not mapped in this region" message for the "Shopping and services" category for a Texas place. Was something recently changed on this?

the S&S issue was an error in the settings sheet. That has been fixed.
t0cableguy

Re: [Script] WME Place Harmonizer v1.2

Postby mike0723 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:22 pm

Ive noticed this a couple of times. When I have already made changes to a given place, then I run across a duplicate place. (I have not saved at this point, so I have maybe 7 changes racked up) If I go to delete one of the duplicate places and then save, it gives me an error that I do not have permission to delete. The only way I can delete the duplicate place is if I back up on my changes to before I clicked the duplicate place, then save, only then I can delete the duplicate place.

Hope that helps!

Great script!
Joined March, 2012
Area Manager - Suburban Chicago/Southwest Florida.

[ img ]
mike0723
Area Manager
Area Manager

Re: [Script] WME Place Harmonizer v1.2

Postby turbomkt » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:43 am

mike0723 wrote:Ive noticed this a couple of times. When I have already made changes to a given place, then I run across a duplicate place. (I have not saved at this point, so I have maybe 7 changes racked up) If I go to delete one of the duplicate places and then save, it gives me an error that I do not have permission to delete. The only way I can delete the duplicate place is if I back up on my changes to before I clicked the duplicate place, then save, only then I can delete the duplicate place.

Hope that helps!

Great script!

Do you have Waze set to run WMEPH automatically when a place is clicked?
turbomkt
State Manager
State Manager

Next

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts