Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by JustinS83
Update released - 1.02.23

Compatibility changes for latest WME update.

Due to some properties changing/being removed, the closest segment line can no longer be drawn while moving an entry/exit point, but will draw once dropped at the new location.
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
Update released - 2017.10.24.01

Updated to work with the recent WME update + new script version numbering scheme.
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
Update released - 2017.10.26.01

Various bug fixes from the past couple of days.
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
SeveriorumPatrem wrote:
G_W1Z wrote:Thank you for your work to make the script compatible with the new WME release!

I am finding under Map Changes when I tick show place names the names do not remain visible when I pan around the map. When I then get to a new portion of the map they do not show. If I uncheck and check show place names they then show until I pan around again to a new section.
+1

Running 2017.10.26.01 updated 30 minutes ago, on Chrome/Win8.
Unable to reproduce. Disable other scripts and see if it still happens.
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
SeveriorumPatrem wrote:
JustinS83 wrote:Unable to reproduce. Disable other scripts and see if it still happens.
All scripts disabled except for PIE. Zoom in to an area (Zoom 7), place names not shown. Disable and re-enable "Show Place names", then names appear. Pan sideways, the new places now brought into view names do not appear. Repeat disable/enable process, names appear.

Close entire browser. Reopen browser and reload WME, it reopens at Zoom 7. Place names still not shown. Repeat disable/enable process. Names reappear on display but again not for subsequent places broght into view by panning.

Chrome 57.0.2987.133

Love this script, thanks for your help looking into this!
I still cannot reproduce. I'm going to try not to blame the fact that you are running Chrome 5 versions behind current...:)

I have some delay in the Place names loading at times which seems to correspond with WME loading the layer data super slowly, but I have not had any not load at all. Since it is only like 3 people reporting this as an issue, I'd say it isn't a problem with the script and more likely a data load issue.
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
Update released - 2017.10.29.01

Bug fix: Rebuilding the custom new Place menu when exiting HN edit mode
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
WazingArch wrote:Hello, this seems like a bug - Place category buttons are visible even when the relevant option is not selected. The icons hide when the option is poked but they return when places are being updated.
I am not able to reproduce this. Could you provide steps to reproduce, including a screenshot of all options you have enabled?
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
juliansean wrote:I'm not sure if it's a bug or just me, but if I create an exit/entry point, then decide to move the PP, I get a save error. If I tap undo once, the entry/exit point reappears and I can save. With PIE turned off, this doesn't happen.
https://prnt.sc/hc0sl2
https://prnt.sc/hc0sqa
https://prnt.sc/hc0szf
https://prnt.sc/hc0t2r
https://prnt.sc/hc0t7k
Yes, you cannot move the entry/exit point immediately after creating a RPP - you either get a save error or it just snaps back to the original location. I haven't been able to figure out why it ignores the moves, yet.
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
Update released - 2017.11.27.01

Place filtering allows you to hide all Places that match the regex supported filter or only show Places whose name matches the filter.
Screenshot - 11_27_2017 , 12_26_14 AM.png
(4.18 KiB) Downloaded 732 times
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
Update released - 2017.12.01.01

Fixing a bug in WME beta where new RPPs couldn't pull the closest segement's name or city & it couldn't automatically edit the RPP after creation due to a timing issue with some backend objects.
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message