Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by JustinS83
abc1357 wrote:Very nice. I can now retire "Closest Segment". One less script. Thanks!
Well, Closest Segment will draw the line once the Place is selected. PIE is not doing that (yet? Haven't decided...).
JustinS83  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
RussPA wrote:Noticed one odd thing with this new update. When zoomed out to 0 or 1 and you move the mouse over the point of a PUR, it draws the closest segment line to a segment that could be a long way away.
Untitled.jpg
I noticed this yesterday as well - it's drawing to the last cached segments. I'm going to be limiting the functionality by zoom level.
JustinS83  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
Update released - 1.02.04

Small bug fixes

New feature - "Display a line from the nav point to the point on the closest segment". This can/does replace the Closest Segment script. Make sure to disable or remove Closest Segment when enabling this feature.
JustinS83  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
Update released - 1.02.05

Support for routable pedestrian path in closest segment detection added.
JustinS83  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
RickyPV89 wrote:
JustinS83 wrote:Update released - 1.02.05

Support for routable pedestrian path in closest segment detection added.
Thank you Justin, but I'm facing the same issue with places (like tunnels or gas stations) on Freeways, they're currently being located on the nearest "non-freeway" drivable segment!
Bye
Ricky
Update released - 1.02.06

I'm not sure why it isn't using the latest WazeWrap automatically in this case. I am specifying the newest version in the @require now and it should be working as expected.
JustinS83  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
juliansean wrote:I noticed today when working on places that when I used the delete icon within the picture screen it puts me back at the main screen instead of letting me move on to the next picture. Any chance we could have it jump to the next in line? If it's supposed to do that already what am I doing wrong? Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That has not been developed
JustinS83  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
Update released - 1.02.07

The Website label for the input box will now be a clickable link when a value is set (your job to make sure it is a valid URL - no validation will be done)
JustinS83  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
Update released 1.02.09

New RPPs now automatically create an entryExitPoint (navigation stop point)
JustinS83  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
Update Released - 1.02.10

Bug Fixes:
Parking Space Estimator - Switching between angled & 90 degree measurements was not correctly adding to the total in each mode.

Feature:
Adding in Map Comment geometry adjustment handles
JustinS83  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
SeveriorumPatrem wrote:Not sure how I feel about this RPP nudge thing. This sort of nonsense stuff we have to do because WME quite simply is poorly designed and maintained is tiresome.

While I understand the workaround (and bow in admiration to the guys who figured out the problem, kudos!), it is creating additional work even with the fix.

When I add RPPs with PIE, I absolutely LOVE that it picks up street and city info automatically, but that only works if the desired street is the closest one. Except the whole point of RPP is that, more often than not, the closest segment isn't the one you want auto-filled for. What I used to do was make the RPP next to the desired street, then drag it to the right spot, and then move the target from there to the nav point.

With this change, to take advantage of auto-fill, you have to create, drag, then go back and drag the navpoint over as well instead of having it right there with you.

Is this auto-nudge something that maybe can be a toggle to enable/disable? Enabled by default but able to be disabled by those of us who understand what it means and who know we need to move the nav point manually? Or would this leave too big a hole for noob damage?

Lest it otherwise be unsaid, I LOVE THIS SCRIPT. Thank you.
This helps more editors (especially those that don't know it is a problem) than it is problematic for (been meaning to add this for almost two months...sorry I didn't annoy you guys sooner with this ;) ). There will be an option to link the nav point to the RPP soon (sorry, focusing on Magic development for the time being...trying to get back to PIE when I can). With that said, creating the nav point is not something that will be toggleable but the nav point linking will negate the need to make a toggle.

Creating a HUD when selecting a Place was on my TODO list and I was going to wait to add the linking until that was finished, but I don't have the time for the HUD right now so I am planning on just adding the linking. I just finished a couple of improvements in Magic so I will try to get to this today (or at least get a jump on it this week) unless some other Magic issues are raised (I want to get a production build out today or tomorrow).
JustinS83  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message