Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by MapOMatic
I've noticed that the tooltips on the Google link fields don't always show. I haven't had time to track down exactly why yet.
MapOMatic
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by MapOMatic
I've been chatting with B-ryYKA in Discord. I added a workaround in PIE v 2018.03.25.01 that I thought should solve his problem. However, it didn't appear to work initially but after a refresh or two, PIE started working again. So... still not 100% sure exactly why the fix didn't take right away, but hopefully it's solved now. I'm also not sure why some FF users are experiencing corrupted link caches. The workaround simply catches the error and empties the cache. Worst case, it just means more API calls for those specific users if it continues to happen.
MapOMatic
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by MapOMatic
Still working with the Waze devs to see if we can restore the other missing map highlights:
- red: closed Google place
- cyan: Waze place is >1/4 mile from the linked Google place
- purple: Google place ID not found

Not certain yet if it'll be doable. Stay tuned...
MapOMatic
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by MapOMatic
G_W1Z wrote:At this time is there any functionality related to Google Link Enhancer that is not working?
Yes, the map highlighting features I mentioned on 3/14 still don't work.
MapOMatic
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by MapOMatic
/me cringes... like a prize fighter with a glass chin, the Google Link Enhancer is down again until further notice.
You may want to disable it in the PIE settings for now, to prevent a flood of error messages reported in the console.
unknown (1).png
(27.91 KiB) Downloaded 513 times
If we don't hear back from the Waze devs soon, I'll revert to the previous release of GLE so we can at least continue using the features that were working before yesterday.
MapOMatic
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by MapOMatic
G_W1Z wrote:In GLE, gray (auto-complete dropdown, already linked) isn't showing. Is that a broken feature?
It is. I may try to tackle it someday if I get the time (i.e. if I need a break from other things). It's kinda low priority though.
MapOMatic
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by MapOMatic
daveacincy wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:16 pm Mapomatic would know better, but I believe the problem with GLE is that Waze is now preventing GLE from accessing a URL (/map/api/place/details) that returns info on a place. I think they are trying to figure a way to open up access for that script. Without that access, you would need to find another way to get that info or work without it. I havent looked specifically with what details it gets from that API call.

Dave

Yes, that's essentially the issue with GLE right now.  The web API is officially dead (on Google's end) so we're working on an alternate method.  I think I can get part of GLE working again, whenever I can find time to focus on it.  It would restore the left panel functionality (color coded external provider list and hovering over a link to get the line to the Google place).  But we don't have a good solution for scanning and highlighting closed and "too far" places on the map.  Waze devs are investigating options for us.
MapOMatic
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by MapOMatic
Google Link Enhancer should be working again in v 2027.07.27.02
MapOMatic
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by MathieuHavbabaGosset
Custom place menu not showing in top bar anymore, showing standard menu.
Maybe issue after last WME update?
MathieuHavbabaGosset
Send a message

Post by matsalka
Places smaller than 500 m2/5382 ft2 will not show in the client
This is incorrect. Places need to be at least 550 m2* to be seen in the client.

* Testing in progress
matsalka
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
Last edited by matsalka on Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CM & Coordinator of Estonia | Eesti keelne Wiki | Facebook: Waze Eesti