Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by DownPeriscope
ehepner1977 wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 6:57 pm I can also categorically state that asking for ETAs will increase the amount of time. Whether it's intended, or not, asking for an ETA comes off as entitlement.

You *could* say that. You'd be wrong, though.  :D

DownPeriscope
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message
Kind regards,

DownPeriscope

https://imgur.com/iEXamh4.png

SM Rhineland-Palatinate
AM Westl. Sauerland, Märkischer Kreis, Pfalz & Rheinhessen.

Edits mainly in the Netherlands and Germany.
Messages may contain humour, including but not limited to irony and sarcasm. Readers who take everything seriously are advised to cover their eyes. ;-)

Post by DownPeriscope
JustinS83 wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 12:38 am
DownPeriscope wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:14 am
ehepner1977 wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 6:57 pm I can also categorically state that asking for ETAs will increase the amount of time. Whether it's intended, or not, asking for an ETA comes off as entitlement.

You *could* say that. You'd be wrong, though.  :D

No, he is 100% correct.  If I get hounded for ETAs for when something will be fixed, I will 100% ignore TF out of working on it and just point those asking to the github repository where you can submit pull requests with the fixes.

I'm sorry, Justin, but could you please point out to me, how you think I was hounding you? My post expressing a desire to have some kind of idea on an ETA wasn't even directed at you. I didn't quote you, didn't include you with an @, just expressed the hope that someone on here could have some sort of idea on an ETA. Now, because I saw the risk that you might read my “prayer”, I included a few sentences expressing my gratitude for the script and that I knew I was not entitled to any work on that script. And that I understood you might well have better things to do with your time. I expressly said that I was not able to fix anything myself and – like most here – completely reliant on your “kind help and mastery” (to quote myself) for a solution. To this, you replied with an informative post I neither asked for, nor really expected, for which I thanked you by hitting the thumbs up-button on your post. I wasn't going to post anything on the subject after that. But then @ehepner1977 (who seems to bear a grudge after a run-in I had with him last year) decided to label i.a. my question as an expression of entitlement.

I had no intention of hounding you, and still don't. I don't think I am entitled to anything you do, but still harbour hope that you'll somehow – and for reasons of your own choosing – fix this PIE-script I still like and miss. But I will survive if you don't, and I've come as close to begging as I'm going to get. 

Hepner may equate my expression of hope with entitlement. He might, for that matter, also equate admiration for a Ferrari with grand theft auto. And if you were to think he's 100% correct in doing so, you may also do that. I'm not going to argue you (or him) over that. It would be futile, for lack of common ground. I'm hoping, though, that you don't and that I somehow totally misinterpreted what was said on the subject.

And now I'll still go back to hoping that you're willing to ignore all this debate on the subject of the prophet's beard. And that you'll still find a cure for PIE. And that you're not petty enough to punish all editors for that one git, who dared to express hope. I would still consider that a pretty good bet. Petty people usually aren't good enough team players to help their community out with helpful scripts that won't earn them anything more than (mostly silent) admiration from that community.

Now, I'll shut up and go back to that quiet hope and admiration mode. I wish you all the best.

DownPeriscope
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message
Kind regards,

DownPeriscope

https://imgur.com/iEXamh4.png

SM Rhineland-Palatinate
AM Westl. Sauerland, Märkischer Kreis, Pfalz & Rheinhessen.

Edits mainly in the Netherlands and Germany.
Messages may contain humour, including but not limited to irony and sarcasm. Readers who take everything seriously are advised to cover their eyes. ;-)

Post by dspille
This is great. Thank you!
dspille
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by dspille
JustinS83 wrote:Update released - 1.01.02

Well...customize to your hearts content. Can now change the font color, font outline color, font size, outline width & set the font to bold.
This is great! I'll only have myself to blame now. Thank you!
dspille
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by dspille
JustinS83 wrote:Update released - 1.01.09

Added the option to move the HN entry above the Street name entry in the address panel
This new option does not seem to be working for me. I have tried the option checked and unchecked, and everything still is presented as before, with street name above HN field. Not seeing any errors in the console. Any ideas?
dspille
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by dspille
dspille wrote:
JustinS83 wrote:Update released - 1.01.09

Added the option to move the HN entry above the Street name entry in the address panel
This new option does not seem to be working for me. I have tried the option checked and unchecked, and everything still is presented as before, with street name above HN field. Not seeing any errors in the console. Any ideas?
So I have been testing this further, and I believe the issue I was having is with the WME Fix UI option below. If I click on the pencil icon to edit, the HN field is above the street name field. However, if I first click on the place address to edit (instead of the pencil), the HN field is below the street name field. Once I click on the pencil icon to edit, the HN will always be above the street name field even if I subsequently click on the place address to edit. If you click off of the place and edit again, you must click on the pencil icon for the HN to be above the street name. I hope that helps to troubleshoot the issue. Of course, if I were not running WME Fix UI, this would not even be an issue, so perhaps this should be addressed to ianhouse instead.

dspille
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by dspille
JustinS83 wrote:Update released - 1.02.00
Thank you for these awesome enhancements!

After updating, I'm having an issue with not being able to check the new PL estimator option box. I have tried disabling the FU script and still have the issue. Can anyone else duplicate this?

dspille
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by dspille
JustinS83 wrote:Fixed in 1.02.01
Thanks, JustinS83. I can confirm the issued is fixed in this version.
dspille
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by dspille
Thank you for this very nice feature. Works great!
dspille
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by dspille
Very cool! Thanks!
dspille
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message