Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by JustinS83
Update released - 0.8.0.2

Warning message/highlighting pushed to production.
Screenshot - 3_24_2017 , 3_10_57 PM.png
(15.61 KiB) Downloaded 691 times
JustinS83  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
Update released - 0.8.01

Added a Parking lot button option that will display the (P) symbol on Places and aid in the creation of single-business-single-lot PLAs.

When this is clicked, it will start creation mode for a PLA. When the creation is complete the name & address will be copied to the new PLA. The name format will be "Parking - {Place name}" to match the PLA guidance in the wiki for single-business-single-lot PLAs.
Screenshot - 3_27_2017 , 3_19_26 PM.png
(7.54 KiB) Downloaded 650 times
JustinS83  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
steveinark wrote:For a standard, new, independent point place, I agree. (not new PLA).

But since a distinct point place is selected, and the PLA is generated in regards to that place, I thought all data was pulled from the PP. We know that the NAME is pulled from the PP. For ones with a HN/Street/City, that showed up in the new PLA. For ones with no HN, but had the Street and City, that is all that was populated. Obviously, I'm assuming that, LOL!

Might be the data is from the PP, BUT alternatively pulled from closest segment when not available from the PP. ?? I'll do some testing too when I get back home from this trip, unless the author clears it up before then. :D
Standalone PLAs will use the closest segment setting.

When created from a Place, it will/can only pull the address from the Place that it was generated from.
JustinS83  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
jm6087 wrote:Thanks for the clarification. I can confirm that these must be checked in order for it to pull the Street Name and City from the Place.

If they are not checked, the Street Name and City are left blank.
Had problems reproducing...until I realized I had already fixed this and just forgot to push the update :oops:

Should be fixed now :)
JustinS83  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
Update released - 0.8.03

New PLAs will copy the phone number & url from the selected Place. The parking type will be set to Restricted by default.
JustinS83  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
jm6087 wrote:
sketch wrote:Also, I'm really not sure copying the phone number and URL are necessary or even desirable. It's another set of data to maintain, and data that if you need you'll get from the Place itself.
I am quickly changing my opinion on phone/URL and hours from PP. I am still on the fence for the hours since these are dedicated PLAs for a single business and you make a valid point.
The phone/URL now actually makes no sense to me to include based off of conversations I have followed and I would not be disappointed if they stopped copying over.
After talking about it some, I am going to disable copying of the phone and url.
JustinS83  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
Update released - 0.8.04

Removed copying the phone and URL to PLAs when using the PLA button.

Per request - added the ability to create the suggested PLA from missing PLA MPs. Carefully review the suggested size/geometry before using! This will not be appropriate for some/many PLAs but will hopefully make it easier for some.

The Create Suggested PLA button will only appear for missing PLA MPs, and only if you click on the MP - sorry, not sure how to detect one being selected when using the next button.

Only MP type 71 is supported - the one with the description: "If there's a parking lot around these parking-lot-road segments, create one on the map. Entry point should be marked at the lot entrance."

MP type 70 is also a Missing Parking Lot Place MP, but its description is as follows and merely copies the geometry of the Place it is associated with, which in 100% of the cases I checked, was very, very wrong: "Drivers tend to park around this location. If there's a parking lot here, create one on the map. Entry point should be marked at the lot entrance."

Screenshot - 4_5_2017 , 11_33_07 AM.jpg
(71.42 KiB) Downloaded 733 times
JustinS83  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
Update released - 0.9.00

Added the ability to display Place names - configurable to display point, area and the lock level.

To prevent overloading the screen and causing excess lag, names will not be display below zoom 5 (default zoom where Places start showing).

Using the same styling as the Place Name script since that seems to be acceptable to everyone thus far.
JustinS83  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
Update released - 0.9.02

Area places will display the name down to zoom 3

RPPs will now display the HN. If the RPP happens to have a name set, that will be displayed after the HN.
JustinS83  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
Update released - 0.9.11

Added the ability to copy a Place! The copied Place will have "(copy)" appended to the name (you can't have two of the same places too close to each other) and all properties of the place should be copied over (except images and the nav point for area places).

Fixed a couple bugs and other small tweaks.
JustinS83  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message