[Script] WME Place Interface Enhancements

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, Glodenox, JustinS83

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Place Interface Enhancements

Postby JustinS83 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:40 am

ldriveskier wrote:Might I suggest you put the info on the parking lot estimator in the OP or (probably better) just put a link to this post from the OP to make it easier to find? :)

Since it is broken for the foreseeable future, I don't think it would help with anything to do that.
Script Writing Community Coordinator
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby ldriveskier » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:37 am

JustinS83 wrote:
ldriveskier wrote:Might I suggest you put the info on the parking lot estimator in the OP or (probably better) just put a link to this post from the OP to make it easier to find? :)

Since it is broken for the foreseeable future, I don't think it would help with anything to do that.

I thought it was, but I tried it before suggesting that and it seems to work for me. :?
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
USA LC/CM, MAR MSM, WV SM, NE OH LAM (resident of Ohio)
ldriveskier
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby Robert04101 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:53 pm

Justin -- first, kudos for this great PIE script. It saves a huge amount of time editing.

One feature I particularly like is the Simplify geometry option. I would love to have this functionality available for road segments. Any chance you'd be willing to port this code logic over to work on segments, rather than places? Or is there a script that does that already?

And while I've got you writing a new script...it would satisfy the OCD in me if the Orthogonalize feature were also available for intersections. Truing up junctions to get four 90° corners is tedious....

Thanks again.
Robert04101
State Manager
State Manager

Postby JustinS83 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:50 pm

Robert04101 wrote:One feature I particularly like is the Simplify geometry option. I would love to have this functionality available for road segments. Any chance you'd be willing to port this code logic over to work on segments, rather than places? Or is there a script that does that already?

No, this was once available in Toolbox and it was disabled in the US at the request of champs.

And while I've got you writing a new script...it would satisfy the OCD in me if the Orthogonalize feature were also available for intersections. Truing up junctions to get four 90° corners is tedious....

This isn't something that I'm going to tackle...there really isn't a point; if the intersection is off 5 degrees, it still functions and looks pretty normal in the app. I understand the desire to satisfy the OCD but I don't feel it would add any value beyond that.
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Robert04101 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:16 pm

Thanks. Toolbox has the "remove geonodes" tool, which is still enabled for R5 and above in the US. I was thinking of something much less drastic that preserves the segment basic geometry but reduces the geonodes. Such a tool has much lower risk than removing all geonodes.
Robert04101
State Manager
State Manager

Postby JustinS83 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:28 pm

Robert04101 wrote:Thanks. Toolbox has the "remove geonodes" tool, which is still enabled for R5 and above in the US. I was thinking of something much less drastic that preserves the segment basic geometry but reduces the geonodes. Such a tool has much lower risk than removing all geonodes.

Yes, as I said - this tool exists in TB and was disabled for the US.
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby lg1992 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:37 am

Clicking "Orthogonalize" increments the counter of changes even if the form of a place hasn't changed. Is it possible to avoid this?
Leonid, Country Manager, Israel
lg1992
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby JustinS83 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:01 pm

lg1992 wrote:Clicking "Orthogonalize" increments the counter of changes even if the form of a place hasn't changed. Is it possible to avoid this?

Yes, done:

Update released - 2018.10.08.01

Not incrementing save counter if a significant change was not done by orthogonalize
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby JustinS83 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:06 pm

WazingArch wrote:May I suggest an enhancement to an existing feature if the author finds it useful. Is it possible to lock the proportions of a place when resizing by holding Shift key while dragging the handle? Regards.

I guess I missed this when it was originally requested - no this isn't really possible. The resizing is done natively by OpenLayers and there is not a parameter to lock the proportions.
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby lg1992 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:13 am

PIE makes the Places menu look ugly in the latest WME Beta.
Attachments
PlacesMenu.png
(16.43 KiB) Downloaded 83 times
Leonid, Country Manager, Israel
lg1992
Country Manager
Country Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts