[Script] WME Place Interface Enhancements

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, Glodenox, JustinS83

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Place Interface Enhancements

Postby JustinS83 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:32 pm

G_W1Z wrote:I get an error preventing me from saving when I try to delete a picture from a place locked above my rank. I get this error even when not using the new PIE picture viewing interface.

If you get an error with something unrelated to this script, seems this isn't the place to be reporting it :lol:
Script Writing Community Coordinator
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby iainhouse » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:23 am

Can I suggest a change for the new photo viewer? Prevent re-flowing of the image panels when deleting images.

I've encountered the following scenario several times. You have a row of pictures with one free space at the end. The next row down starts with a place with 2 pictures - so it's container panel is 2 images wide. You intend to delete both of those pictures. You click the trashcan icon on the first picture and that panel shrinks to one picture wide. It immediately re-flows into the gap on the previous line and the next image panel in line jumps to the start of the line you're working on. If you're not careful, you can end up deleting that next image instead of the one that has now jumped up to the previous line.

I hope that makes sense: if not, I'll have to work out how to make a video of it. :lol:
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
UK AdminsUK WikiWaze FAQWMEFU Script :ugeek:
I want to go to a commune in Vermont and deal with no unit of time shorter than a season
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager

Location: on the road from London to insanity, with Waze HQ in the driving seat

Postby lg1992 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:33 am

Sometimes it's impossible to rotate a place because the rotation point is located closely to one of the place's corners. For example, it happens after converting a point place to an area. Please make sure the rotation point is far enough.
Leonid, Country Manager, Israel
lg1992
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby JustinS83 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:57 am

lg1992 wrote:Sometimes it's impossible to rotate a place because the rotation point is located closely to one of the place's corners. For example, it happens after converting a point place to an area. Please make sure the rotation point is far enough.

This is handled by OpenLayers, I have no control over the placement
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby JustinS83 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:57 pm

iainhouse wrote:Can I suggest a change for the new photo viewer? Prevent re-flowing of the image panels when deleting images.

I've encountered the following scenario several times. You have a row of pictures with one free space at the end. The next row down starts with a place with 2 pictures - so it's container panel is 2 images wide. You intend to delete both of those pictures. You click the trashcan icon on the first picture and that panel shrinks to one picture wide. It immediately re-flows into the gap on the previous line and the next image panel in line jumps to the start of the line you're working on. If you're not careful, you can end up deleting that next image instead of the one that has now jumped up to the previous line.

I hope that makes sense: if not, I'll have to work out how to make a video of it. :lol:

Yes, I understand what you mean...I'm just not entirely sure how to fix it without leaving gaps all over the viewer to prevent the auto-flowing.
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby iainhouse » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:21 am

I do realise it will leave gaps - and indeed, I'm guessing that the re-flowing is native behaviour and you'll have to put something in there to force the gaps to remain! However, the gaps will only start to appear when pictures have been deleted and they obviously won't re-appear if the picture browser is closed & re-opened. And they do only need to be at the end of lines, to prevent the something on the start of a line jumping onto the previous line.

I'm just thinking it would be worth the untidy appearance for the usability benefit. But if my guess above is correct, I also understand that it may not be simple to do. ;)
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
UK AdminsUK WikiWaze FAQWMEFU Script :ugeek:
I want to go to a commune in Vermont and deal with no unit of time shorter than a season
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager

Location: on the road from London to insanity, with Waze HQ in the driving seat

Postby JustinS83 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:28 am

iainhouse wrote:I do realise it will leave gaps - and indeed, I'm guessing that the re-flowing is native behaviour and you'll have to put something in there to force the gaps to remain! However, the gaps will only start to appear when pictures have been deleted and they obviously won't re-appear if the picture browser is closed & re-opened. And they do only need to be at the end of lines, to prevent the something on the start of a line jumping onto the previous line.

I'm just thinking it would be worth the untidy appearance for the usability benefit. But if my guess above is correct, I also understand that it may not be simple to do. ;)

It's actually a fairly easy fix. I'll add an option for it. Who doesn't like options? :)
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby juliansean » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:54 pm

I had no idea there were so many photo's in such a small area of the map! This addition is going to put me in a rabbit hole I may not come out of for a few weeks! Excellent! Thank you very much!

Sean
Sean Julian
SM: TX, LA, MS, AR, OK
AM: SE FL, Boston, MA, Brooklyn, NY, Bronx, NY, Manhattan, NY, Queens, NY, E CA, SW KS

juliansean
State Manager
State Manager

Postby jm6087 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:18 pm

juliansean wrote:I had no idea there were so many photo's in such a small area of the map! This addition is going to put me in a rabbit hole I may not come out of for a few weeks! Excellent! Thank you very much!

Sean

:lol: See you in a few weeks :P
jm6087
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby JustinS83 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:19 pm

Sebiseba wrote:Hi Justin,

Thanks for this marvelous enhancement :D :D :D

Can you add this lines for french traduction please :
Code: Select all
PhotoViewer: "Activer la visionneuse photos",