[Script] WME Place Interface Enhancements

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, Glodenox, JustinS83

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Place Interface Enhancements

Postby jm6087 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:48 pm

Kkervinjones wrote:Anyone noticed that when you hover over a Gas/Petrol Station brand the external provider distance indicator is showing? I'm sure it didn't do this before.

No harm done, but it did confused me for a minute.

I am not seeing this happen.
jm6087
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby dspille » Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:39 am

I'm not seeing that either.
Thanks,
dspille
Country Manager, Multi-State Manager - South Central Region

SCR Wiki
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
dspille
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby asph4lt » Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:04 pm

jm6087 wrote:
Kkervinjones wrote:Anyone noticed that when you hover over a Gas/Petrol Station brand the external provider distance indicator is showing? I'm sure it didn't do this before.

No harm done, but it did confused me for a minute.

I am not seeing this happen.

This is the normal operation of the script, and it is for all POIs.

For the distance to be seen > you have to hover over the link the external provider and the location of the external provider should not be visible on the map.
[ img ]
https://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 0#p1793540
asph4lt
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby jm6087 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:25 pm

asph4lt wrote:This is the normal operation of the script, and it is for all POIs.

For the distance to be seen > you have to hover over the link the external provider and the location of the external provider should not be visible on the map

I am aware of that option and do see the distance indicator when I hover over the external provider link. The question was if anyone was seeing the distance indicator hovering over the fuel brand box. That behavior is what I am not seeing.
jm6087
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby asph4lt » Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:59 pm

jm6087 I agree with you, but in the example of Kkervinjones, I don't see the mouse pointer, so I don't knowI what is hover over (Fuel brand box or external provider link).
asph4lt
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby jm6087 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:15 pm

asph4lt wrote:jm6087 I agree with you, but in the example of Kkervinjones, I don't see the mouse pointer, so I don't knowI what is hover over (Fuel brand box or external provider link).

Very true but my response is based off the statement made that they were seeing it when they hover over the Gas Brand box.
jm6087
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby Kkervinjones » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:31 pm

Ok, I think I found out more about the symptoms. It's only showing distances for the first few Gas Station brands, and it only does it after I've done a search for an external provider. The distances given are in the same order that they are in the external providers list, making me think the two are being linked together.

In the below examples, I'm hovering over the second option in the list - Shell Island which is 113mi away. I'm then hovering second option in the Brands list - ASDA, and it shows it's 113mi away.

I've only found this by accident. Not a major issue, but it did confuse me when I was looking at Brands.

[ img ]
[ img ]
Keith
UK CM / AM for North West England and the Isle of Man
Google Pixel 2

[ img ][ img ][ img ]
Kkervinjones
Beta tester
Beta tester

Previous

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts