[Script] WME Place Interface Enhancements

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, Glodenox, JustinS83

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Place Interface Enhancements

Postby steveinark » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:58 am

Excellent addition. Already finding problem places needing attention, that would otherwise be missed without a place-by-place review in an area.
[ img ]
Arkansas State Mgr (SM)
South Central Region Multi-State Mgr (MSM): AR + Louisiana - Mississippi - Oklahoma - Texas
Steve (Eureka Springs, AR)
steveinark
State Manager
State Manager

Postby steveinark » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:47 pm

The addition of Photo Viewer is great, as others have said. It sure makes quick work of occasional scans on military bases, to blast away any photos that slipped in, or were missed the first time a place was approved.
[ img ]
Arkansas State Mgr (SM)
South Central Region Multi-State Mgr (MSM): AR + Louisiana - Mississippi - Oklahoma - Texas
steveinark
State Manager
State Manager

Postby steveinark » Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:54 am

Though not needed I'm sure, Horizon911 .... I can confirm you are correct. I leave the enable geometry modification option off full time .... and activate only when I feel it is needed for a project. Then disable again. That seems to totally eliminate the problem with selecting area place geometry nodes.
[ img ]
Arkansas State Mgr (SM)
steveinark
State Manager
State Manager

Postby subs5 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:45 am

Is it possible to have an automatic populate next address number when you copy a RPP? Have a key add 1, or add 2, or add a selectable increment? Similar to WME Quick HN?
subs5
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby subs5 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:32 pm

Yes, could also be good if the stores are increasing in consistent number pattern. Just a thought to take two cool scripts and combine the power....
subs5
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby sulstore » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:16 pm

Hello, Firstly I want to thank you for the excellent Script for places that is currently indispensable for me. In this last update I realized that by passing the mouse over the Google linked site, on the map I do not see the point of it and the distance from the Google site to the Local Waze. Am I doing any wrong configuration or is it Bug?

Thank you in advance for your response.
Michael Pereira

AM - Norte de Santa Catarina
SM - Santa Catarina

[ img ][ img ][ img ]
sulstore
State Manager
State Manager

Postby SunDevil2213 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:04 pm

I realize some may see value in adding a different color for temporarily closed places, but a suggestion would be to add an option to not highlight temporarily closed places for those of us who don't see the value in it. Due to COVID, a ton of stuff is temporarily closed, so now I'm seeing yellow around everything and my mind thinks there's problems everywhere. Appreciate the work and effort you put in to this, don't get me wrong, but I'd rather be able to turn this new feature off.

Cheers
Ryan
SunDevil2213

Postby SunDevil2213 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:11 pm

In the states I edit (Arizona and California), no, we aren't marking things temporarily closed. A big one here is schools, which are, for the most part, closed. But we aren't making changes to hundreds or thousands of schools to show them closed. Apologies for offering a suggestion. I'll just disable the link enhancer.
SunDevil2213

Postby SunDevil2213 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:17 pm

I get that there is value - in certain circumstances - to see that highlighting. I just don't want to see places all over the map marked with this new yellow because my mind is thinking it's a duplicated Google place. It would be nice to be able to toggle just this feature on/off so it could be easily used in the case you described (checking a PUR), but it diminishes my experience to always see this highlighting all the time everywhere. Like I said, I know you guys put a lot of work into this stuff and the "nice to have" stuff is probably a lot more complicated to implement. So I'll just disable the link enhancer.
SunDevil2213

Postby SunDevil2213 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:26 pm

JustinS83 wrote:
SunDevil2213 wrote:I get that there is value - in certain circumstances - to see that highlighting. I just don't want to see places all over the map marked with this new yellow because my mind is thinking it's a duplicated Google place. It would be nice to be able to toggle just this feature on/off so it could be easily used in the case you described (checking a PUR), but it diminishes my experience to always see this highlighting all the time everywhere. Like I said, I know you guys put a lot of work into this stuff and the "nice to have" stuff is probably a lot more complicated to implement. So I'll just disable the link enhancer.

Not saying I won't add it at all, just trying to understand the need for it to justify making the change. I doubt I'll be able to get it done today (have to modify two scripts to do so) but I'll add it to my list.

Thanks Justin. I can count on my hand the number of reports of closed places I've gotten, during COVID, that were just temporary closures that this situation would apply to. We don't have any directive in the SWR to change anything with PP's or AP's being closed due to COVID. Also, I appreciate you adding this to the list - and I never expect any kind of instant turnaround on anything you do. Like I said, I recognize you do this on your own time and without much tangible reward, so even you hearing my concern and giving it credence is much appreciated.
SunDevil2213

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts