[Script] WME Place Interface Enhancements

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, Glodenox, JustinS83

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Place Interface Enhancements

Postby hawkeygoal » Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:41 pm

Hello -

This script is awesome!

Of late, when editing a PA I've been only able to move one geometry node at a time between saves. Attempting move a second node only results in panning the map. If I disable PIE in Tampermonkey, I can adjust geometry nodes ad infinitum. Not seeing any other reports I presumed it was an interaction with something else. Nothing obviously PIE related is jumping out at me in the console logs. There were a couple Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'attributes' of undefined at MutationObserver.uroPlaceLayerChanged messages, but disabling URO+ (and reloading), while eliminating those errors, had no effect on the issue.

What else should I be looking for to narrow the scope on this?

Thanks
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
State Manager: Illinois | Area Manager: Iowa | Mentor
Illinois: Wiki Forum Facebook Twitter | WME: Wiki What to Edit Glossary
My Twitter: @hawkeygoal

Improving the map, one edit at a time. What's your goal?
GO HAWKS! There's only ONE GOAL!
hawkeygoal
State Manager
State Manager

Postby herrchin » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:35 pm

Are the quick-select options for setting the categories for a Place already on the map easily alterable? (where they default to the 10 parent categories) Having "Offices" right there would be handy ;)
USA Country Manager / UT SM
herrchin
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby herrchin » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:58 pm

JustinS83 wrote:The catagories for the place menu are fully customizable

To clarify, I'm referring to the left pane box, not the drop-down menu in the top-right. I'm fixing places 10x more frequently than I am adding new ones, and being able to wipe out the incorrect categories and have my 10 most-common available as a quick click would be fantastic!
herrchin
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby herrchin » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:29 pm

I probably only get a WMEPH hit 1 in 20 times, as most Places I'm processing PURs for or fixing when I'm in the area are standalone businesses. Replicating the menu choices would be perfect. Just like ClickSaver, you're right, it probably only saves 2-3 seconds each time, but it adds up (and is a stress reliever, just like ClickSaver). More than anything it's not having to transition hands from mouse to keyboard (to type a category name) and back.

This is a super low priority request though :) PIE is already amazing, so thank you!
herrchin
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby herrchin » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:03 pm

JustinS83 wrote:
herrchin wrote:I probably only get a WMEPH hit 1 in 20 times, as most Places I'm processing PURs for or fixing when I'm in the area are standalone businesses. Replicating the menu choices would be perfect.

Question - what functionality would you expect of this? Clicking the buttons adds the selected type to the categories list, in addition to what is already set? What about clearing the existing categories?

Base functionality: Replace all the supercategories that normally show when there's zero categories present with the personalized list. So with two clicks I could clear out Hospital and replace with Offices (assuming Offices was one of my selected favorite categories).

Functionality+: Always show the favorite categories below the Categories box. Makes adding ATM to a pile of stores fast. Probably have this be a user preference as some may not like the clutter.

Functionality++: As with Functionality+, but have a toggle for each favorite category as to whether it appears in your always-present list, so you can have 5 ever-present button choices instead of 11.
herrchin
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby herrchin » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:45 pm

JustinS83 wrote:Added an option to display the Place categories as buttons above the Categories entry, including a button to clear the current categories.

Love it! Thank you! Hopefully it's not an interaction with another script, but if I edit the Place's address, on Apply an additional PIE button bar gets drawn. There may be another trigger or two that also adds duplicate bars, as the first time I noticed it I had 4 button bars (while tuning up every aspect of a place). Very minor issue of course since things reset any number of ways; not like the extra bars persist.
herrchin
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby Horizon911 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:20 pm

Since approx 2 days ago I've started to experience the problem related to PIE (version 2020.08.17.02):
When "Enable geometry modification options" is enabled, I cannot successfully select area places. After clicking the area place, the geometrical nodes appear for a second and than disappear. The place remains selected, but I cannot modify its shape.
Horizon911

Postby Horizon911 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:07 am

JustinS83 wrote:
Horizon911 wrote:Since approx 2 days ago I've started to experience the problem related to PIE (version 2020.08.17.02):
When "Enable geometry modification options" is enabled, I cannot successfully select area places. After clicking the area place, the geometrical nodes appear for a second and than disappear. The place remains selected, but I cannot modify its shape.

Do you have the resize option enabled? This is the only time this "issue" is seen and the tooltip tells you exactly what is going to happen.

Hmmmm, you are absolutely right! :D :D :D Thanks! I used that feature couple of days ago, however I did not realize (and than completely forgot), it would have such global consequences. So I ended up with troubleshooting overall WME behavior incl. all scripts. :D
Any chance that related info could be more prominent?
(Or at least by having some visual warning + explanation somewhere in global PIE settings. ;) )

[ img ]
Horizon911

Postby iainhouse » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:35 pm

Arnoniem wrote:However, since I installed the script, I keep having issues with WME, making segment and place selection impossible. It's like there is an invisible layer blocking access to everything underneath. Others have reported this as well, in the Benelux.

Does this happen across the entire map area, or only on one small portion? There is a bug in WME (reported to staff) associated with the Google Street View control. This means there is a 100x100 pixel area on the screen at all times that prevents selection of anything underneath it. This area starts in the top left corner, but moves around as you pan the map, resetting it's position when you change zoom. After a number of saves without refreshing the browser window, this area can also obstruct WME controls like zoom, my location and - ironically - the GSV control.

WME FixUI includes a "Show map-blocking WME bugs" function to make this problematic area visible, so you know where it's interfering.
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
UK AdminsUK WikiWaze FAQWMEFU Script :ugeek:
I want to go to a commune in Vermont and deal with no unit of time shorter than a season
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager

Location: on the road from London to insanity, with Waze HQ in the driving seat

Postby iainhouse » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:41 am

Fantastic enhancement, Justin! :mrgreen:

It's frightening how many awful photos are approved on places; a quick scan of my local area resulted in about 40% of them being deleted. Without this tool, those approved photos would probably never be seen as you would have to take the time to select every place on-screen and manually review all the photos. I reckon we can clear a massive amount of wasted data from the Waze servers and improve the quality (and therefore the reputation) of the photos that show up in the app.
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
UK AdminsUK WikiWaze FAQWMEFU Script :ugeek:
I want to go to a commune in Vermont and deal with no unit of time shorter than a season
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager

Location: on the road from London to insanity, with Waze HQ in the driving seat

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts