[Script] WME BeenThere

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, JustinS83, Glodenox

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME BeenThere

Postby Horizon911 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:57 pm

Hi,
First of all thanks for cool script. During the recent mapraid in Pakistan, it's been super-useful for me while wandering the endless deserts, mountains and valleys.
It's really helping to have available "personal layer". Now I've been wondering... Is there any possibility (or a plan) enable roaming of drawings? (The reason I've been asking is that I work regularly with multiple computers and it's simply a pity to always lose the drawings.)
Regards
Horizon911

Postby JustinS83 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:00 pm

Horizon911 wrote:Hi,
First of all thanks for cool script. During the recent mapraid in Pakistan, it's been super-useful for me while wandering the endless deserts, mountains and valleys.
It's really helping to have available "personal layer". Now I've been wondering... Is there any possibility (or a plan) enable roaming of drawings? (The reason I've been asking is that I work regularly with multiple computers and it's simply a pity to always lose the drawings.)
Regards

There is already the ability to export and import your settings, which includes your current drawings.
Script Writing Community Coordinator
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Horizon911 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:36 am

Yes, I noticed that one but while regularly roaming between two (or more) machines, more seamless expereince. (e.g. googledrive sync) would be nice. Thanks for the script in any case. :)
Horizon911

Postby Mikepedia » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:25 pm

Absolutely loving this script so far! Is there a way to jump between drawn areas so I can easily find places I've been again? I haven't been able to find this functionality if it exists.
Mikepedia
Map Editor - Level 1
Map Editor - Level 1

Postby Mvan231 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:40 am

Mikepedia wrote:Absolutely loving this script so far! Is there a way to jump between drawn areas so I can easily find places I've been again? I haven't been able to find this functionality if it exists.

I don't believe it exists, at least I haven't found it yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
- mvan231 (3)
GLR | Michigan Editor
Wazeopedia :lol: | Engineer :geek: | iOS user :)
Mvan231

Postby jm6087 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:47 am

I believe that WME Bookmarks may be what you are looking for
jm6087
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby JustinS83 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:07 pm

Mikepedia wrote:Absolutely loving this script so far! Is there a way to jump between drawn areas so I can easily find places I've been again? I haven't been able to find this functionality if it exists.

No, that type of functionality is completely outside the scope of this project. With this you could draw hundreds or thousands of areas and there would be no good way to determine which one to go to with a list that long. Everything is drawn on the map and you can create separate projects for different areas so you can just zoom out and see areas you have previously marked.
Script Writing Community Coordinator
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Mikepedia » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:01 pm

JustinS83 wrote:

No, that type of functionality is completely outside the scope of this project. With this you could draw hundreds or thousands of areas and there would be no good way to determine which one to go to with a list that long. Everything is drawn on the map and you can create separate projects for different areas so you can just zoom out and see areas you have previously marked.

Makes sense! I'll try out that Bookmarks script that jm6087 mentioned!
Mikepedia
Map Editor - Level 1
Map Editor - Level 1

Postby Mvan231 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:51 pm

Is there a way to fix the color selection if it breaks? I tried removing the script and reinstalling but all four colors are showing white, but when I create shapes they show up as orange regardless of which color box I select
- mvan231 (3)
GLR | Michigan Editor
Wazeopedia :lol: | Engineer :geek: | iOS user :)
Mvan231

Previous

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts