Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

[Script] WME Drives Data Export

Post by
Current Version: 1.0.5
Last Updated: April 10th, 2019 12:06 PM PST

Author: M1kep

Greasyfork: https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/28842-wme-drivesdata

Description:A simple utility located on the Drives Tab that is used to download data from all drives. This data can then be loaded into a spreadsheet program such as Excel.

Please post any suggestions or issues in this thread, or PM me.

Todo:
  • Look into possibly exporting GPS data as well
  • Implement average speed in export.
Interface:

Export Example:

Changelog:
April 4th, 2017:
  • Fixed a bug that did not allow the script to download drive data in beta editor.
April 10th, 2019
  • Updated API paths for new location of drive archives and updated CDN's

POSTER_ID:17431105

Send a message
Last edited by M1kep on Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:07 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Post by aniljcb
sketch wrote: It only works on the world server, as far as I can tell.
What does that mean? is there a way to change the world servers to NA?
aniljcb
Send a message

Post by britechguy
Just a quick note, but I can't get this script to work under Firefox Quantum v61.0 using Tampermonkey.

The script installs, and when I go to the Map Editor Page I do get the following dialog at the bottom of the list of drives:
WME Export Trajet v1.3.jpg
Dialog box on Map Editor Page
(13.96 KiB) Downloaded 351 times
But I am never presented with the dialog box shown near the start of this topic, and whether I activate the GPX or KML radio button, then hit the Export button, no new file of the type selected is created anywhere on my system. I have checked the Downloads folder and used the Everywhere search (voidtools.com) to look for files with the GPX and KML extensions and no new ones of either can be found.
britechguy
Send a message

Post by britechguy
I also thought I should add that the Trajet Export button still results in no file being created, whether the format chosen is GPX or KML, anywhere on my computer and that's using Tampermonkey and this script under the latest versions of Chrome and Firefox.

Everything seems to be working except the Export function itself.
britechguy
Send a message

Post by britechguy
I have now posted to that thread with a brief apology for having done so in English, but being monolingual it's my only option.

Given the date on the last update to WME Drives Data Export I am not shocked that there might be problems with the latest versions of both Firefox and Chrome.

But given the May date on WME Export Trajet I'd expect it would work. I'll hope that I might get a reply from the script's developer on its dedicated thread.
britechguy
Send a message

Post by bummerdude69
Not sure if it's just my work computer (I'll try from home later), but I can Load and Convert the Data, but nothing happens when I Export it.
bummerdude69
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by carloslaso
M1kep wrote:Please post any suggestions or issues in this thread, or PM me.
seb-d59's WME Export Trajet exports drives to GPX or KML format but only one at the time. Do you think you can include the drive geometry to your csv/tsv file?
carloslaso
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 1
Send a message

Coordinador de Comunidad en México / Foro MX
Supervisor Noroeste México

iPhone 15 Pro Max / iOS 17ß / Waze ß 4.x

Post by carloslaso
M1kep wrote:I believe I can grab the data, and incorporate it into a field on the CSV. The only issue I see with this approach is them importing said data into a program that reads the KML/GPX format.
I am using this defunct script a friend helped me fix, it parses GPX, WKT and KML copied into the box.

Timbones has a better script that loads those files, maybe we can ask him to support the file you will export.

The script a friend fixed has to be done manually, Tim's script does it automatically. Maybe he can display the last 5 drives or whatever you export.
carloslaso
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Coordinador de Comunidad en México / Foro MX
Supervisor Noroeste México

iPhone 15 Pro Max / iOS 17ß / Waze ß 4.x

Post by IC_AJHouse
Can the "From" and "To" column be included in the export please. Perhaps an option to select the additional data from each drive to be included in the export?
IC_AJHouse
Send a message

Post by juliansean
Thank you for making this script! This should help those who can claim mileage for taxes and work!

Sean
juliansean
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
Sean Julian
CM
SM: TX, LA, MS, AR, OK
AM: SE FL, Boston, MA, Brooklyn, NY, Bronx, NY, Manhattan, NY, Queens, NY, E CA, SW KS