[Script] WME Image Overlays (1.1.0)

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Image Overlays (1.0.2)

Postby Glodenox » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:05 pm

It's already possible to change the transparency in the sidebar, only it is named "opacity" :)

As for the second request: I'm assuming this request comes from the way the script currently pans the map and zooms in on the image when you click it? Would it be acceptable if the script only moves towards the image if it is out of sight when clicked? I could perhaps add a crosshairs button for each image that moves you towards its location as well, but perhaps that's a bit too much as it would eat up quite a bit of space for the image name.
Glodenox
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby Glodenox » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:00 am

I'll take a look at it (GitHub issue). If I remember correctly how I implemented that message, a small screen resolution could indeed cause the button to not be visible.
Glodenox
Map Raider
Map Raider

Re: [Script] WME Image Overlays (1.1.0)

Postby Glodenox » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:46 pm

Version 1.1.0 of the script has just been released!
The following fixes were applied:

Data sources notification message might not display completely on small screens
It was a bit harder to fix than I hoped, but it'll work much better now. Sadly enough I did have to make a small style change to an element that most scripts use: the tab-content container. However, the only change I made was making it stretch all the height it can stretch, which shouldn't affect any userscript negatively (it might even affect them positively!). Still, I don't like meddling with the Waze-styled elements.

Don't move the map if the image overlay is already visible at the current location
Whenever the image is ever so slightly still visible in the area you're currently looking at on the map, the map will not be panned and zoomed to the location of the image you just activated.

Allow fast hiding of the image while it is being added
It is now possible to click on the active image to make it hide again. This feels more natural than clicking the "hide overlay" button. I'll still keep the button though, just in case someone doesn't realise you can just click the name again to hide it.
I'm somewhat considering the ability to show more than one image at a time, though it would require changes to the script at several locations, so I'm a bit hesitant. I haven't experienced any use cases for this feature yet.

Disable "add overlay" button while you're adding an overlay
This one seems logical, but it wasn't there. Clicking the button again had some weird effects, so it needed to be fixed.

I've noticed that the "hide overlay" button appears when you're adding an image overlay (just after you chose your picture). Using that button makes the image go away, getting you stuck. I'll fix this in a later version. Maybe by just removing that button after all. Feel free to say what you think about that! :)

Also, you'll notice this version doesn't include the export and import functionality. I still haven't found why my code isn't working, so I put that feature on a side track for now. But don't worry! The code is safe and I'll try again later.
Glodenox
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby Happy_Lyn » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:15 am

I should have taken a screenshot but did not think of it in time. The sources warning could use a scroll bar or something. I had to zoom my browser out to find the button at the end. Just a thought. :)
AM in Michigan, USA
AM in Austin, Pennsylvania, USA
AM in Beckley, West Virginia, USA
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]

Saving routing, one soft turn and city name at a time.
Happy_Lyn
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby jdelosa » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:59 pm

Hi Glodenox,

First Thanks for all your script work!!!!

Now for the overlays,
if it is possible a way to adjust the transparency of the image would be helpful.
also a quick toggle that would keep you at the same point and zoom to turn on and off the image also.

if these enhancements are something you would consider that is great, if not it never hurts to ask.

Thanks again, John
JD, Brooklyn, NYC Area Manager, New York SM, NOR MSM,
Member of the NYC Closure Team

WazeNewYork@GMail.com Subject Attn: JDeLosa
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
[ img ][ img ]
jdelosa
State Manager
State Manager

Postby jdelosa » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:13 am

I'm sorry I missed the slide bar....
so thats great.

what i meant is if i hide the image by pressing the hide button and then restart the image it resets the tool and image to the full size

BUT i can accomplish What i wanted by sliding the opacity bar so there is no need for any changes

thank You it has been a great help in identifying the RailRoad crossings for our CCP .

John
JD, Brooklyn, NYC Area Manager, New York SM, NOR MSM,
Member of the NYC Closure Team

WazeNewYork@GMail.com Subject Attn: JDeLosa
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
[ img ][ img ]
jdelosa
State Manager
State Manager

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts