[Script] WME Image Overlays (1.1.0)

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Image Overlays (1.1.0)

Postby Glodenox » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:39 am

I'm sorry to hear that is happening. Could you tell me which image you tried to store? I'm sort of suspecting the Indexed DB system I'm using in the background can't handle big images too well.

A more technical question: do you happen to see any error messages within the web console of the WME page? You can check the web console by pressing Ctrl+Shift+i at the page and selecting the Console tab in either Firefox or Chrome. It's probably best to filter the results by entering "Image Overlays". The messages about the user-info element not being available yet are normal.

I'm also starting to wonder whether I should support other ways of including an image as well. Do you guys think it would be practical if you could provide a link to an image instead? In my usage of the script I haven't really had a situation where I could just refer to an image that is available online. The big downsides I see is that the image could be blocked if it gets loaded within the WME (which will only be visible next time you try to use it due to caching) AND that the image could get removed over time on the source website.
Glodenox
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby Glodenox » Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:49 pm

(we've continued on the issue in PM)

I've just been reading into it more. It seems like Chrome has recently adjusted how it decides whether something gets persisted over sessions. I think I'll need to explicitly ask permission for persistent storage. Either way, I'll look into it.
Glodenox
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby westfordjoe » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:17 am

I created a great overlay of a very complex interchange. It was working great and now won't load anymore. It took me a long time to get everything aligned properly, and it was working great. I've restarted my computer (iMac), restarted Chrome, turned every other extension off, all to no avail. A previous overlay I created still opens. Help please! Any ideas!

Follow-up: I started over and created a new overlay. It was working fine until I refreshed the screen. Now it won't load anymore. The previous overlay created months ago still opens.
westfordjoe

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts