[Script] WME Image Overlays (1.0)

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Image Overlays (1.0)

Postby Glodenox » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:46 pm

I didn't put any limit on the amount of images you can rename. Could it be you're getting some sort of error when you click on the edit button? (you can check for errors in the developer console with Ctrl+Shift+I)
ImageImage
Glodenox
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby Glodenox » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:54 am

I've created a GitHub issue for that request and already added that behaviour to the version in development yesterday. I'm first going to include some other fixes/changes as well though.
ImageImage
Glodenox
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby Glodenox » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:38 pm

I've found some extra time this evening, which I used to improve the script greatly. I first wasted another hour trying to add handles to the image, but failed to progress there. Then I decided to just fix the issue with the resizes being too big (turned out I had my calculations wrong), added a slider that allows you to set the sensitivity of all controls (save for the 45° rotate buttons, those are absolute) and added buttons to stretch and contract the images.

I'm currently still thinking of an alternative way of adding images, but I'd need to work out the maths for it and it doesn't seem easy to me.
ImageImage
Glodenox
Map Raider
Map Raider

Re: [Script] WME Image Overlays (0.8.4)

Postby Glodenox » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:31 pm

I haven't forgotten about that, but this was just a quick fix. Apart from the upscaling and downscaling I haven't changed anything in the latest release. I manage various other userscripts, not all of them publicly, as well as several tools and websites, so I'm spread quite thin along all these projects. That task is somewhat part of the todo-list I have for this script.
ImageImage
Glodenox
Map Raider
Map Raider

Re: [Script] WME Image Overlays (0.8.4)

Postby Glodenox » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:48 pm

Version 0.8.4 has been released, this should fix the issue that downscaling an image can pretty much make it disappear.
ImageImage
Glodenox
Map Raider
Map Raider

Re: [Script] WME Image Overlays (0.8.3)

Postby Glodenox » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:05 pm

Yeah, that seems like the same bug I saw before. I'll try to get it fixed tonight.
ImageImage
Glodenox
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby Glodenox » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:36 am

Can you explain in more detail which problem you're seeing? Is the tab not loading at all?
As for the console errors: that's something that is part of the WME itself and has nothing to do with my script. It is hopefully going to be handled by Waze rather soon™.
ImageImage
Glodenox
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby Glodenox » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:43 pm

Weird. It still shows up fine here. I had prepared almost all of my scripts for the new WME design in advance and this one didn't even need any changes.
ImageImage
Glodenox
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby Glodenox » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:16 pm

voludu2 wrote:While I am attempting to adjust the image, If I use the "-" control, the image I am trying to overlay disappears, and I cannot find it again. Adjusting opacity makes no difference.

Is there something I can do to bring it back?

Hmm, I haven't had it happen that an image really disappears, but I do notice that when you are zoomed out, the minus button for some reason makes the image a LOT smaller in one click. I intended to have the minus and plus buttons decrease and increase the size in the same amounts, so something seems to go wrong there. Perhaps that is what you experienced?

If not: have you looked in the web console of your browser for any error messages when this occurs? (Firefox: Ctrl+Shift+K, Chrome: Ctrl+Shift+i > "console" tab)
ImageImage
Glodenox
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby Glodenox » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:00 pm

I haven't said I wouldn't do them. I just said I currently don't see that functionality as a priority ;)
When I get around to implementing what I have in mind, you should be able to stretch the image any way you want. Just know that I won't even be using the Waze soon™ indication for it as it might take me even longer than that to get started on it.
ImageImage
Glodenox
Map Raider
Map Raider

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts