[Script] WME Image Overlays (1.2.0)

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Image Overlays (1.0)

Postby bz2012 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:57 pm

[ img ]
My bottom line contains the name of an image I already stored. I don't see a new bottom line.
State Manager, Louisiana
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby Glodenox » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:46 pm

I didn't put any limit on the amount of images you can rename. Could it be you're getting some sort of error when you click on the edit button? (you can check for errors in the developer console with Ctrl+Shift+I)
Glodenox
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby bz2012 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:20 pm

Not sure what the problem was (perhaps a loose nut on the keyboard at this end!), seems to be working ok now.
State Manager, Louisiana
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby JeroenED » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:41 pm

Hi,

I'm having issues running this script. Seems like getting faulty at the OpenLayers class.

Browser: Firefox Quantum 57.0.3
Greasemonkey: 4.1

I do have to admit that I feel that Firefox quantum is a bit too fast ;) (Some sites have possibly related issues as well)

Code: Select all
Script error:  ReferenceError
columnNumber: 1
fileName: "resource://gre/modules/ExtensionContent.jsm"
lineNumber: 373
stack: "userScript@user-script:http%3A//www.tomputtemans.com//WME%20Image%20Overlays:373:1\nscopeWrapper@user-script:http%3A//www.tomputtemans.com//WME%20Image%20Overlays:1177:9\n@user-script:http%3A//www.tomputtemans.com//WME%20Image%20Overlays:361:17\n"
__proto__: Object { stack: "", … } WME%20Image%20Overlays:1179:23
JeroenED

Postby Glodenox » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:00 pm

Huh. It seems like TamperMonkey is executing the script sooner than expected (before page load) on your computer. I'll tackle that issue in the next version. For now, you can try to go into the settings of TamperMonkey, open the script, go to its settings and set the "Run At:" setting to "document-end". If I'm not mistaken, that should make TamperMonkey wait long enough for the OpenLayers class to be loaded.
Glodenox
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby JeroenED » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:23 pm

I really think Firefox Quantum is to blame. While it is lightning fast, its fastness seems like an extra hurdle. I have a lot of issues with firefox only because of this. It seems like it has still some child diseases.

Also, this particular issue seems to me to occur because of the multi-process structure of ff quantum. As javascript is single threaded but you use multiple processes, you can run multiple js'es simultaniously, so OpenLayers can loaded after the overlays script.

Personally, I think you can tackle this but this is in my opinion a case for mozilla or greasemonkey. Firefox broke this, they should fix this.
And I'm pretty sure your script is not the only script experiencing this kind of issues.
JeroenED

Postby JeroenED » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:50 pm

I was able to fix the issue.

As I used Greasemonkey is the past (2010 something) I installed this add-on again for this script. However, as you were refering to Tampermonkey (I was thinking this was like a chrome-addon for the same purpose) I eventually looked it up and it worked out-of-the box. (I never used userscripts except if I really had to)

So for the people having the same issue: It does not work with greasemonkey.
JeroenED

Postby Glodenox » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:43 pm

Oh, I hadn't noticed you mentioned GreaseMonkey. They recently changed quite a few things making it a lot more difficult to create userscripts for it. While I won't try to sabotage GreaseMonkey, I'm only going to be testing stuff on TamperMonkey from now on. Their version on Firefox works very well, so I'd advice everybody to use that.
Glodenox
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: [Script] WME Image Overlays (1.0.1)

Postby Glodenox » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:35 pm

Version 1.0.1 of the script has just been released. This is a technical release that replaces the internal Waze object with W, as the Waze object will be removed in about two months.
Glodenox
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: [Script] WME Image Overlays (1.0.1)

Postby Glodenox » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:50 pm

There currently seems to be an issue where the rotation of an image gets lost when you move the image afterwards. This seems to be caused by the new version of OpenLayers. I'll try to look into it soon, but I'm a bit too busy at the moment to fix that right away.
Glodenox
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts