Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by kstor_80
Hi Tom,

Thanks for the great work on this script.
I just noticed that the new satellite "additional imagery" layer is coming on top of the imported image, which makes the script unusable while using those additional images now provided in WME.
kstor_80
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by RichardPyne
Thank you for this valuable tool, but....

Please, please, please, can we get finer movement and sizing controls? (individual horizontal and vertical sizing would also be very nice)

It probably isn't true, but it feels like this last update made the controls considerably coarser. It appears that I get the same giant moves regardless of the zoom level now.
RichardPyne
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by RichardPyne
Glodenox wrote:I haven't forgotten about that, but this was just a quick fix. Apart from the upscaling and downscaling I haven't changed anything in the latest release. I manage various other userscripts, not all of them publicly, as well as several tools and websites, so I'm spread quite thin along all these projects. That task is somewhat part of the todo-list I have for this script.
I understand, and I do appreciate all you do for the rest of us.
RichardPyne
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by RichardPyne
SunDevil2213 wrote:Script appears to be broken...Once I import an image and attach it to the map, after a refresh of WME, the Image is no longer there.
That is the way it has always worked. You simply need to select the Image Overly tab and then select the image and it will reappear.
RichardPyne
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by RichardPyne
Are all of my saved images gone forever? I just tried to open (WME beta) one of my saved image overlays first time since the WME 2.180 fiasco started, and all of my images are gone. Is there any way to recover them? Will they come back once the rollback mess gets resolved?

Thanks.
RichardPyne
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by RichardPyne
The script loads without any console error messages. Countless hours of work lost.

Feature request: Ability to backup and restore image overlays after they have been resized and located to match the map.

Edit: User error. I was trying to open images in beta that were saved in production. This makes my feature request even more desirable.

RichardPyne
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Rickendude
Glodenox wrote:I didn't foresee that functionality as I assumed an image is always supposed to be positioned correctly when it gets saved and that its position doesn't change afterwards. The way the code is set up this wouldn't really easy to add, but it most certainly isn't impossible to look into it if more people want this.
+1 for the edit functionality.

Thanks for a great script, wouldn't be able to fix tunnels for the beacons' installation without it :)

I am wondering how easy would it be to be able to move/resize a specific corner or side, IE: I align the bottom side, it looks great but I need to resize the overlay to get it to match the scale, ideally I would be able to lock one of the sides and resize towards a specific side, right now every resize requires me to realign everything.

Thanks!
Rickendude
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message

Post by Rickendude
Admittedly I had to use a specific chrome account, etc...
But why not? the scripts are great, I am using many of them. I don't do politics, just work ;)

Also, bear in mind that I an wearing an editor hat when I do this. Most staff members don't need to do this level of editing :)
Rickendude
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message