[Script] WME Image Overlays (1.4.0)

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, JustinS83, Glodenox

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Image Overlays (1.4.0)

Postby WazingArch » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:56 pm

jm6087 wrote:
WazingArch wrote:Hi, I am pressing this button but nothing happens. Am I missing something? Thanks.
screenshot_77.png

Have you already added the image to the map?

I attach the image to the map, and if I click on its name the image disappears. Is this an expected behaviour?
Coordinator: BG • Local Champ • Translator
[ img ]
Уики България | Best map editing practice
WazingArch
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby Glodenox » Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:36 pm

You mean that the image disappears when you click on its name when the name is put in bold text (indicating that it is visible)? That is expected behaviour. That is how you're able to show and hide the images. It should always become visible if you click the edit button though.
Script Writing Community Coordinator
[ img ][ img ]
Glodenox
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby SeveriorumPatrem » Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:48 pm

I made this attached image to use with Image Overlays while creating or improving roundabouts, specifically to make it easy to ensure that roundabout attachments are within the correct parameters to produce "turn right", "turn left", "continue straight", etc.

As a quick start guide for anyone who is not familiar with roundabout attachment points and how they impact turn directives, you can generate the above turn directions in place of "take the 2nd exit" etc, as long as the attachment points are at 90 degree intervals +/- 15 degrees. The actual turn angle of the segment relative to the roundabout segments is irrelevant in this regard.... it's the difference in degrees between attachment points from the point of view of the center of the roundabout that controls turn directives.

Use Image Overlays to place and position this guide on top of where you will be placing your roundabout, and draw your roads so that when the RAB is added your attachment points will fit within the narrow forks relative to adjacent attached segments, and you're all set to generate clean roundabout turn instructions without any trial and error adjustments.

To allow plenty of margin for error, the angles on this guide are +/- 10 degrees instead of +/- 15, so you can actually fudge a little bit outside of the narrow forks and probably still be OK, just verify with JAI after you save your work.

--------------

EDIT: Or...of course, you could use the RA Util script, which allows you to see turn angles while you use it to cleanly move specific junctions and accomplish the same goal when working on existing RABs - I hadn't realized it did that when I put this together, but was brought to my attention by the great iainhouse, lol. :oops: :lol:
Attachments
RAB anglenator.png
(21.01 KiB) Downloaded 138 times
Capture.JPG
(57.65 KiB) Downloaded 142 times
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
The Grumpy Dad
The more I learn, the more I discover how much I don't know.
SeveriorumPatrem
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby atrophicshiner » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:43 am

SeveriorumPatrem wrote:...I hadn't realized it did that when I put this together, but was brought to my attention by the great iainhouse, lol. :oops: :lol:

Confess, how much did he pay you :!: :?:
- Chris - (Catching up with the Ia[i]ns one Chris at a time)

[ img ]
UK Local Champ would you believe
AM the Middle bit of England
Usability | Simplicity | Retention
atrophicshiner
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby SeveriorumPatrem » Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:52 pm

atrophicshiner wrote:
SeveriorumPatrem wrote:...I hadn't realized it did that when I put this together, but was brought to my attention by the great iainhouse, lol. :oops: :lol:

Confess, how much did he pay you :!: :?:

Sorry, that's covered in the standard NDA, so can't comment. :lol:
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
The Grumpy Dad
The more I learn, the more I discover how much I don't know.
SeveriorumPatrem
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby rizapasha » Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:23 am

could you support more wider image format such as ecw and geotiff especially image with world file WGS1984?
rizapasha

Postby Glodenox » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:18 am

Hmm, that is probably not going to be easy to do. Neither ECW or the TIFF format are supported within any modern browser. I'd say that including a whole JavaScript library (if an open source one exists) just to support those image formats is out of the scope of this userscript. I'd probably also need to look into the binary code to extract the coordinates contained within the file, which is really not something you want to do in JavaScript.

I'll create an issue for it in case browser support changes for these file formats, but I honestly don't see it happening any time soon (if ever) :?
Script Writing Community Coordinator
[ img ][ img ]
Glodenox
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby steveinark » Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:01 pm

And we could assume file conversion to a supported type image would be much simpler to accomplish for some files.
[ img ]
Arkansas State Mgr (SM)
South Central Region Multi-State Mgr (MSM): AR + Louisiana - Mississippi - Oklahoma - Texas
Steve (Eureka Springs, AR)
steveinark
State Manager
State Manager

Previous

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts