Switch to full style
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Forum rules

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post a reply

Re: [Script] WME Image Overlays (1.3.1)

Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:01 pm

Glodenox wrote:I didn't foresee that functionality as I assumed an image is always supposed to be positioned correctly when it gets saved and that its position doesn't change afterwards. The way the code is set up this wouldn't really easy to add, but it most certainly isn't impossible to look into it if more people want this.

Ok, I don't need that much this upgrade. I just wanted to be sure that the script is not broken. So far I used the script twice and it helped me a lot. It is a great addition when there is any up-to-date aerial image for a newly built junction.
Last edited by WazingArch on Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:11 am, edited 4 times in total.

Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:26 pm

Maybe I can clarify the purpose of that pencil more by adding a tooltip that says "Change name". I suppose that misunderstanding is the main reason for your question.

BtBalways wrote:If you want to start voting then I'd go for more space for the image rather than post addition adjusting.

I'm afraid I didn't fully understand that remark? Are you talking about more space on the screen while you are positioning a new image by moving the controls elsewhere? That's a known request that will probably be the next thing I change in this script (though I'm currently swamped with tons of other projects, so don't expect it any time soon).

Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:39 pm

Sorry i wasn't clear, I was referring to your plans for changing the controls which will presumably give more room for positioning the import. Simply meant that I feel that will be better use of your time and effort than developing editing of an already saved image.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:57 pm

Yes please, if changes are considered and time permits, really looking forward to the UI changes to compress the controls and expand the image adjustment viewing area suggested a ways back. Such a helpful script, though... thanks!

Sun May 26, 2019 7:11 pm

Glodenox wrote:I didn't foresee that functionality as I assumed an image is always supposed to be positioned correctly when it gets saved and that its position doesn't change afterwards. The way the code is set up this wouldn't really easy to add, but it most certainly isn't impossible to look into it if more people want this.

+1 for the edit functionality.

Thanks for a great script, wouldn't be able to fix tunnels for the beacons' installation without it :)

I am wondering how easy would it be to be able to move/resize a specific corner or side, IE: I align the bottom side, it looks great but I need to resize the overlay to get it to match the scale, ideally I would be able to lock one of the sides and resize towards a specific side, right now every resize requires me to realign everything.

Thanks!

Sun May 26, 2019 7:26 pm

I never thought I would see this happen. :shock: :shock: :shock:

For years, we've been listening to Waze staff telling us "we don't user scripts", "we aren't allowed to use scripts".

Up until a year or two ago, it was also "we can't alter WME to account for scripts". That has certainly changed, with a fantastic amount of cooperation now being offered to work with script-writers.

But to hear that a member of Waze staff is not only using one of our scripts; and likes it; and wants to know if it can add functionality to help them do their job? I don't know quite what to say, other than Wow! :mrgreen:

Sun May 26, 2019 7:34 pm

Admittedly I had to use a specific chrome account, etc...
But why not? the scripts are great, I am using many of them. I don't do politics, just work ;)

Also, bear in mind that I an wearing an editor hat when I do this. Most staff members don't need to do this level of editing :)

Sun May 26, 2019 8:22 pm

I could probably provide a toggle to say "lock the top left corner" (or any other corner) which makes the resize buttons only expand to the bottom and right (in the case of the top left corner). If you click one of the buttons to move the image however, it'd still move as it would before. That is indeed a use case I've run into myself, now that I think about it.

I would still love to actually provide better controls that you can drag as that would be much more intuitive, but my experiments with those didn't work as planned, probably because I'm using a custom feature type.

Sun May 26, 2019 8:28 pm

Since this brought the script to mind, I thought of another suggestion.

I know some people have commented about the fairly large bar the script places across the top of the screen; particularly once you've added the editing controls. Is it worth placing those control buttons in the LH panel?

You already have some controls there. I don't have the biggest of screens, but it looks like there's room there for the array of buttons, leaving more space on the map to see where you're placing your image.

Tue May 28, 2019 3:50 am

iainhouse wrote:Since this brought the script to mind, I thought of another suggestion.

I know some people have commented about the fairly large bar the script places across the top of the screen; particularly once you've added the editing controls. Is it worth placing those control buttons in the LH panel?

You already have some controls there. I don't have the biggest of screens, but it looks like there's room there for the array of buttons, leaving more space on the map to see where you're placing your image.

Or a floating panel?
Post a reply