[Script] WMEMagic

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WMEMagic

Postby Jefresongil » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:47 pm

bwawsc wrote:
dbcm wrote:WME Magic is working OK with the new WME. \o/

In the new UI, when you select segments Magic displays messages if there are problems in those segments. The messages are displayed above the action dialog box for the segments, rather than inside it. This compresses the dialog box, which is fine for a while. As long as you only have a couple of segments selected and the number of issues is small, the dialog is still scrollable. But eventually it is compressed to half a line or so and becomes inaccessible:

Wmagic.jpg

Does not seem to be exactly Magic. I have just manually selected multiple segments, and through the extensive list, access to the maintenance fields is lost.

It seems the new version WME.
Jefreson Gil
Perito Forense

ImageImageImageImage

Links Importantes
Radares
Guia Rápido de Edição
]Incluindo Locais
Jefresongil
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby Jefresongil » Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:42 pm

Hi Delfim

What to consider as a place address? City name or street name? If it's the name of the street, this one did not show. Does being linked to google camouflaged?

Local

Tks for the Tools.
Jefreson Gil
Perito Forense

ImageImageImageImage

Links Importantes
Radares
Guia Rápido de Edição
]Incluindo Locais
Jefresongil
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby jdtech4u » Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:27 am

I had problems installing it also. After some recommendations from Discord chat I opened the .js script that downloaded with Notepad. I "select all" the body of the document, created a new script in TamperMonkey and pasted the contents from the Notepad Document and saved it. The script ran fine after that.
Ike
JDTech4U
Northwestern Pennsylvania
jdtech4u
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby jdelosa » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:00 am

I believe there should be a toggle filter that you can add to only display items on roads you can edit.

But I teach what I was taught, when you do an edit on a segment try to complete all items to bring that segment and the surrounding ones up to current guidance.

We are missing the opportunity to have all editors find deficiencies within there edit area if magic does not light them up.

They can ask for Down Locks to make these repairs but only if they know they are there.

Please consider adding this function to the script.

I want to see a Army of High Quality Editors, and using your script I like arming them with the greatest tools.

Thanks for all your hard work.

If you would like to discuss this with me, Please feel free to DM me at anytime.

Thanks again JD
JD, Brooklyn, NYC Area Manager, New York SM, NOR MSM,
Member of the NYC Closure Team

WazeNewYork@GMail.com Subject Attn: JDeLosa
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
jdelosa
State Manager
State Manager

Postby jdelosa » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:58 am

Thanks dbcm...

Just installed..... now to learn.....

ImageImageImage
ImageImage
jdelosa
State Manager
State Manager

Re: [Script] WME _ _ _ _ _ (soon™)

Postby jdelosa » Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:34 am

As long as it's not "Waze Soon"

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

ImageImageImage
ImageImage
jdelosa
State Manager
State Manager

Postby jchiarav » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:54 pm

Hi. How i can add "custom" for Argentina? I can help with this country. Very goog work guys.
Julio C.
Santiago del Estero
Argentina

ImageImage ImageImage
jchiarav
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby jbayes » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:26 pm

htahta wrote:Counter stays on 0. it sould say 1

0} Show alternative names
https://www.waze.com/nl/editor/?lon=5.8208&lat=53.19991&zoom=6#

I'm able to reproduce this issue. When checking the box for Show alternative names, the counter doesn't increase from 0 no matter how many segments with alt names are on screen and highlighted.
MSM SAT | SM KY
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
jbayes
State Manager
State Manager

Postby jangliss » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:51 am

JustinS83 wrote:
RichardPyne wrote:If WMEMagic is going to complain about Duplicated Google Places, it needs to show where the duplicated place links are.

I assume you mean a linked Google place. It does highlight, in orange, the Places with a duplicate link.

I think the point is that all the other places with duplicate Google Place links are also highlighted with the same color (also same color is used for places without address). So if you click one place it tells you it's duplicate, but you don't know which place it's because they're all highlighted. I think the more specific feature request would be when a duplicate Google Place is selected, highlight the offending duplicate, either by changing the duplicate entry's color to make it more visually obvious, or possibly providing a link in the error message.
jangliss

Postby jangliss » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:30 pm

dbcm wrote:Community, i present you WMEMagic.

I've been developing this tool for a while, specially to speedup my day-2-day and help the Portuguese community. After some events related to other tools, the path of this project changed a little bit.

Obviously echoing everybody's statement of thanks, to both you and any contributors. As a tweaker of code myself, I can't imagine this whole project would have been easy at all, so thanks!

Again, as a tweaker of code, I'd love to offer some help in any way possible. I suspect you'll want to keep the keys to the kingdom (code) close to your chest for now, and I'm good with that, so I don't mind helping out in other ways, like working on building out the region specific configs, as well as getting a better understanding of how the plugins work so we can work on those.

Looking forward to seeing how this grows to an even more amazing tool :)
jangliss

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts