[Script] WMEMagic

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WMEMagic

Postby Jefresongil » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:47 pm

bwawsc wrote:
dbcm wrote:WME Magic is working OK with the new WME. \o/

In the new UI, when you select segments Magic displays messages if there are problems in those segments. The messages are displayed above the action dialog box for the segments, rather than inside it. This compresses the dialog box, which is fine for a while. As long as you only have a couple of segments selected and the number of issues is small, the dialog is still scrollable. But eventually it is compressed to half a line or so and becomes inaccessible:

Wmagic.jpg

Does not seem to be exactly Magic. I have just manually selected multiple segments, and through the extensive list, access to the maintenance fields is lost.

It seems the new version WME.
Jefresongil
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby JustinS83 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:49 pm

Jefresongil wrote:
bwawsc wrote:
dbcm wrote:WME Magic is working OK with the new WME. \o/

In the new UI, when you select segments Magic displays messages if there are problems in those segments. The messages are displayed above the action dialog box for the segments, rather than inside it. This compresses the dialog box, which is fine for a while. As long as you only have a couple of segments selected and the number of issues is small, the dialog is still scrollable. But eventually it is compressed to half a line or so and becomes inaccessible:

Wmagic.jpg

Does not seem to be exactly Magic. I have just manually selected multiple segments, and through the extensive list, access to the maintenance fields is lost.

It's both. Where Magic loads the "error" information is now separate from the scrollable area. Magic doesn't combine the "error" messages so if you select 10 segments that all have the same issue, you get 10 "error" messages rather than one. It's something we have to look at.
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]

Local Champ: United States
Country Manager: United States
State Manager: Ohio
JustinS83
Local Champ Mentor
Local Champ Mentor

Postby bwawsc » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:58 pm

Jefresongil wrote:Does not seem to be exactly Magic. I have just manually selected multiple segments, and through the extensive list, access to the maintenance fields is lost.

It is the new version of WME, but since Waze ignores scripts and breaks them all the time, it falls to the script authors to solve the problems. That's why I reported it here. That and the fact that if I reported it to Waze, and they accepted responsibility, it would still never get fixed...
bwawsc
Map Editor - level 3
Map Editor - level 3

Postby JustinS83 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:53 pm

bwawsc wrote:
Jefresongil wrote:Does not seem to be exactly Magic. I have just manually selected multiple segments, and through the extensive list, access to the maintenance fields is lost.

It is the new version of WME, but since Waze ignores scripts and breaks them all the time, it falls to the script authors to solve the problems. That's why I reported it here. That and the fact that if I reported it to Waze, and they accepted responsibility, it would still never get fixed...

Waze developers/staff have been doing an excellent job communicating changes or working with the script writers when there is an issue that breaks a script. No script was broken here. As I said, we will be looking into it.

JustinS83
Local Champ Mentor
Local Champ Mentor

Postby n4dog » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:03 pm

In the new production release. If you have more that about 15 segments selected. The Magic TODO list is to long and you can not access any of the info in the section for the segment options.
Griff - N4DOG
Alabama State Manager
n4dog
State Manager
State Manager

Postby JustinS83 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:05 pm

n4dog wrote:In the new production release. If you have more that about 15 segments selected. The Magic TODO list is to long and you can not access any of the info in the section for the segment options.

As stated several times now - we will look into it.

JustinS83
Local Champ Mentor
Local Champ Mentor

Postby n4dog » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:52 pm

JustinS83 wrote:
n4dog wrote:In the new production release. If you have more that about 15 segments selected. The Magic TODO list is to long and you can not access any of the info in the section for the segment options.

As stated several times now - we will look into it.

Thanks Justin I didnt see that was mention, Sorry
Griff - N4DOG
Alabama State Manager
n4dog
State Manager
State Manager

Postby dbcm » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:51 pm

n4dog wrote:...

You should fix one by one :)
It's so Magic™ | WURM WURM ⭕️!!! | Y U N0 W0RK? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
dbcm

Postby dbcm » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:07 pm

Screen Shot 2017-10-27 at 23.05.56.png
(205.97 KiB) Downloaded 337 times
It's so Magic™ | WURM WURM ⭕️!!! | Y U N0 W0RK? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
dbcm

Postby bwawsc » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:37 pm

dbcm wrote:
Screen Shot 2017-10-27 at 23.05.56.png
The problem is when someone passes me a permalink with a request to unlock, or make some edit that they can't do for some reason - it take forever to de-select enough segments to be able to do what they're asking for, then do it again with a different subset, etc. and still make sure that I don't miss any. Then of course I have the whole dance to do over again if it needs re-locking. It really is a legitimate problem, not just an inconvenience (i.e. "don't do mass edits").

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
bwawsc
Map Editor - level 3
Map Editor - level 3

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts