Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by SuperDave1426
bures wrote:(Toolbox is not working in Chrome now.)
Yeah it is. :-) You just have to repair the addon in Chrome each time you start it, due to a bug in the current version of Chrome. The next version of Chrome should fix it (based on reports I've seen in the Toolbox thread regarding this).
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
Can the "This place has no name" check get an exemption added for Parking Lot Places? The Wiki does provide allowances for unnamed Parking Lots, which happen from time to time. Place Harmonizer already has an exemption in it so that it doesn't flag an unnamed Parking Lot; it would be nice if Magic did as well. :-)
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
kelemvor33 wrote:Ah, OK.

I guess my suggestion woudl be to also take segments that have the "None" box checked for the Name and/or the City and highlight those. Maybe the "R you bored" color or something. Most streets out there should have a name and many people just check the box because they don't feel like figuring out the name or city.
Where do you get "many people" from? Have you conducted some kind of extensive survey, or are you just making an assumption? ;)

Many private roads (including driveways that meet the criteria to be mapped) and parking lot roads legitimately don't have names. If you want roads of Street type and above that have the "none" box checked to show up, get Color Highlights, which has that function. Colors them yellowish, with nothing appearing in the left panel about it. Nice and subtle for roads with no name (and there are times I've run into roads which really don't appear to have any name - can't find them in Assessor's Office GIS maps, can't see a street sign in Street View), alerting you visibly to the status, without using up space on the left panel. It seems to me like Magic is there to help find things that are problems with items on the map. A road that's unnamed is a problem. A road which has "None" checked for street and/or city fields is not.
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
I just noticed that Magic is flagging unnamed parking lot areas as "You should always give a name to a place. How wazers can find a place without a name?" - even though according to the Wiki entry for them, it says "[...]If the lot does not have an official and/or signed name, then leave the name blank[...]"; I.E., it's valid for a parking lot area to not have a name (and in fact shouldn't have one).

Can Magic please be adjusted to exempt PLAs from this particular alert?
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
OT note to anyone using the State Manager forum signature icons that I created a few years back: I noticed a bunch of broken image icons in people's signatures, and looked into it. Apparently, the actual storage location of the image files themselves has moved. Yay.

The Wiki page that plays home to them is at:

https://wazeopedia.waze.com/wiki/USA/Fo ... nager_Icon

I'm currently working on adding the j.mp short links for your IMG tag pleasure to each of the states and expect to have it finished in a day or two.

Please spread the word about the change. ;-)

Edit 04/02: Page has been updated and all j.mp short links now work again.
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
Out of curiosity, is this extension still being maintained...? :?:
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
Ok, thanks. I'll check with my RC to see if he's got access to it.
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
Ok, got a question: Magic has an option at the bottom of its list called "Fix UI Glitches." What exactly does that fix? I've tried selecting it, but I don't know what I'm looking for, so.... ;)
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
SuperDave1426 wrote:Ok, got a question: Magic has an option at the bottom of its list called "Fix UI Glitches." What exactly does that fix? I've tried selecting it, but I don't know what I'm looking for, so.... ;)
So..... No one (not even the author/maintainer) has any idea what that function does when it's selected? 8-)
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message