Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by ldriveskier
voludu2 wrote:In addition to seeing highlights on segments locked above my rank, I would like to be able to see highlights on segments not in my EA.

Use case: Mapraid leader following up - evaluating mapraid work after mapraid is over, mapraid EA has expired. MAGIC would help.

Thank you for considering this request for enhancement.
I would like to see both of these also (highlights on any locked above an editor's rank and outside of an editor's EA). In addition to mapraids and cleaning up an AM area, it is useful for helping other editors (formal/informal mentoring or one-time help), reviewing an editor's work for an AM application, and probably many other reasons.
ldriveskier
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 4
Send a message

Post by ldriveskier
jm6087 wrote:
dbcm wrote:Hi guys,
as it's possible to route through those segments (i check if the routing is possible, green arrows) and as they are longer than 16 meters (i've added this check now), Magic will complain.

Simplifying these road to a single segment with both directions is what we are doing in Portugal and everything is simple for the editors and for wazers.

pcbman, on your example, the middle segment doesn't have a name, so it's complicated to add extra checks on that scenario :(

I'm open to suggestions

V172 is out for grabs :)
I guess I am confused on what you are doing in Portugal to simplify. Can you provide an example to look at?

Both of the examples that pcbman provide is pretty common in the US. Naming the middle segment is situational dependent. If the segment name on either side of the divided highway is different, then we leave the middle segment with no name for inheritance. Based on what I am seeing in pcbman's example, I am guessing that SC does not name in the middle even when both sides are the same so that U-turns are inheriting as well.
For the segments that are being discussed, I added a matching name to them, but that didn't get rid of the highlight. The only way to get rid of it was to promote the type of the road to the crossing road, which is incorrect and could negatively affect routing.
ldriveskier
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 4
Send a message

Post by Levindof
Unable to install it. I got the following message: "Aplications, extensions and user scripts couln't be added from this site." :cry:
Levindof
Send a message
Levindo Franceschini

Post by lg1992
It's an amazing script, but there's still place for improvements.

The script tends to mark segments on the map's edges as "City with only 1 segment". In all cases that I met there was no problem, as those were segments of a neighbor city. I think the script shouldn't apply this rule to segments that aren't completely on screen.

Suggestion: mark places with a street or city name for which either there're no segments on the map or the segments are far away.
lg1992
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
Leonid, Country Manager, Israel

Post by lg1992
Originally the control panel of the script showed a check list under every color category and allowed to enable/disable any item. Now I only see the categories, no items under the categories. Please bring the items back.
lg1992
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
Attachments

Post by lg1992
The "RPP with no entry/exit point" actually marks an RPP located near a segment, which name doesn't match the street name in the RPP address. I like that if a street name of segments was changed, all RPPs having the old name are marked (well, only those that don't have entry/exit points).

I wish there would be similar validation for public places - mark a place located near a segment, which name doesn't match the street name in the place's address.
lg1992
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by lg1992
dbcm wrote:
lg1992 wrote:The "RPP with no entry/exit point" actually marks an RPP located near a segment, which name doesn't match the street name in the RPP address. I like that if a street name of segments was changed, all RPPs having the old name are marked (well, only those that don't have entry/exit points).

I wish there would be similar validation for public places - mark a place located near a segment, which name doesn't match the street name in the place's address.
Give an example plz.
A simple case: A street's name has been changed, and we need to change it in addresses of all places located on the street. Currently I look for such places in Select Place table of WME Toolbox, but the work would be much easier, if the places were marked.
lg1992
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by lg1992
Exactly
lg1992
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by lg1992
I don't see logic in how the new check marks landmarks. A landmark with an obsolete street name isn't marked, but many landmarks located near a segment with the right street name are marked (and the marking appears or disappears when I move or zoom the map). My examples probably will not help you, as all street names are on Hebrew.
lg1992
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message