Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by JustinS83
juliansean wrote:Did I miss something? I can't get Magic to work unless I add the "/". I thought this script was supposed to work. Did I break it???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Latest production build should be working. Make sure you are updated; should be on 1.0.13.something
JustinS83  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
iainhouse wrote:
JustinS83 wrote:You could, you know, just turn off that plugin It's the "Show Save Errors" option at the bottom of the tab
Yes, I could (I hadn't checked for the option). :D

I'm just suggesting it could be moved below the Edit/Save buttons so it doesn't shuffle them down? I won't complain if you don't. ;)
:D I had never turned this option on so I wasn't aware of what it did. I'll investigate it so it is a bit less like three card monte with the buttons
JustinS83  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
WazingArch wrote:Well, I just want to report that the script doesn't highlight and show alternative names of segments if a junction box is already applied to them.
Correct - this is a side effect of not highlighting issues on segments in a JB due to them not being editable
JustinS83  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
JustinS83 wrote:
iainhouse wrote:
JustinS83 wrote:You could, you know, just turn off that plugin It's the "Show Save Errors" option at the bottom of the tab
Yes, I could (I hadn't checked for the option). :D

I'm just suggesting it could be moved below the Edit/Save buttons so it doesn't shuffle them down? I won't complain if you don't. ;)
:D I had never turned this option on so I wasn't aware of what it did. I'll investigate it so it is a bit less like three card monte with the buttons
Should be a bit less shifty in the next update.
JustinS83  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
juliansean wrote:
JustinS83 wrote:
Latest production build should be working. Make sure you are updated; should be on 1.0.13.something
I have version 1.011. http://prntscr.com/gafrcs. I went to tampermonkey and forced an update and no change. Said it was updated 46 hours ago.

I even went here https://profundos.org/waze/magic/?p00p http://prntscr.com/gafrkv to see if could get version 1.13 and it just keeps showing version 1.011 which doesn't work until I add a "/". Thanks for any help you can provide.

Sean
Ugh. Checking.
JustinS83  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
Update released! vΩ1.0.14.1503681891.568579b

Features:
  • Segment normalization - the checkbox next to the suggested fix now works!
  • Segment normalization - started implementing state specific checks in the US - these will be rolled out slowly so please be patient
  • Visual search now supports regex for searching & is case insensitive
  • Named roundabout segments
  • Segment lock level check now ignores segments in junction boxes
JustinS83  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
lopaolo69 wrote:Quick question: why the script set the speed limit to 30km/h on the private roads?
Why this value?

Paolo
That would be a question to direct toward your country's moderator

https://profundos.org/waze/magic/#moderators
JustinS83  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
Jefresongil wrote:
bwawsc wrote:
dbcm wrote:WME Magic is working OK with the new WME. \o/
In the new UI, when you select segments Magic displays messages if there are problems in those segments. The messages are displayed above the action dialog box for the segments, rather than inside it. This compresses the dialog box, which is fine for a while. As long as you only have a couple of segments selected and the number of issues is small, the dialog is still scrollable. But eventually it is compressed to half a line or so and becomes inaccessible:
Wmagic.jpg
Does not seem to be exactly Magic. I have just manually selected multiple segments, and through the extensive list, access to the maintenance fields is lost.

It seems the new version WME.
It's both. Where Magic loads the "error" information is now separate from the scrollable area. Magic doesn't combine the "error" messages so if you select 10 segments that all have the same issue, you get 10 "error" messages rather than one. It's something we have to look at.
JustinS83  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
bwawsc wrote:
Jefresongil wrote:Does not seem to be exactly Magic. I have just manually selected multiple segments, and through the extensive list, access to the maintenance fields is lost.

It seems the new version WME.
It is the new version of WME, but since Waze ignores scripts and breaks them all the time, it falls to the script authors to solve the problems. That's why I reported it here. That and the fact that if I reported it to Waze, and they accepted responsibility, it would still never get fixed...
Waze developers/staff have been doing an excellent job communicating changes or working with the script writers when there is an issue that breaks a script. No script was broken here. As I said, we will be looking into it.
JustinS83  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
n4dog wrote:In the new production release. If you have more that about 15 segments selected. The Magic TODO list is to long and you can not access any of the info in the section for the segment options.
As stated several times now - we will look into it.
JustinS83  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message