Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by juliansean
JustinS83 wrote:Update released! vΩ1.0.14.1503681891.568579b

Features:
  • Segment normalization - the checkbox next to the suggested fix now works!
That's good to know because I thought I broke it with another script. Thanks for making these improvements!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
juliansean
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message
Sean Julian
CM
SM: TX, LA, MS, AR, OK
AM: SE FL, Boston, MA, Brooklyn, NY, Bronx, NY, Manhattan, NY, Queens, NY, E CA, SW KS

Post by juliansean
Just wanted to advise that in prod Magic is no longer warning about continuous loops. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
juliansean
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
Sean Julian
CM
AM: SE FL, Boston, MA, Brooklyn, NY, Bronx, NY, Manhattan, NY, Queens, NY, E CA, SW KS

Post by juliansean
I was able to uninstall and reinstall the new version with no issues. Sorry the server kept going down, but thank you for finding a new home for Magic.
juliansean
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
Sean Julian
CM

Post by juliansean
dbcm wrote:Version 1.0.20 (or higher) is in the wild.

Added two new HLs.
- aggressive turns (angles < 30º), more or less the same behavior that WME gives on MP (map problems).
- parking lots over each other
Those are great additions. The double parking lot is going to be very useful!

Sean
juliansean
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
Sean Julian
CM

Post by juliansean
Didn't know how much I relied on Magic until it was gone. Thank you for getting it up and running again!
juliansean
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
Sean Julian
CM

Post by juliansean
I think this is the script that does this, and if not I apologize in advance. When a road name is not normalized, Magic gives the opportunity to fix the name. I can't figure out what the difference is between these two roads, but I will upload the photo's of the road that failed to save and the on that saved correctly. The PL of the two roads is here https://www.waze.com/en-US/editor?env=u ... 2,49192630
shot-1.png
(17 KiB) Downloaded 471 times
shot-2.png
(5.93 KiB) Downloaded 463 times
shot-3.png
(13.92 KiB) Downloaded 458 times
Thank you
juliansean
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
Attachments
Sean Julian
CM

Post by juliansean
I have the other pictures but keeps telling me they're too big. It shows the error.

1 changes failed to save:
Multiple changes to Segment
segment:47033094
14:04
Property streetIDs of Segment with ID 47033094 references Street with no generated ID for -101
Check and try again

Here is a PL of one that error's and I didn't fix yet. https://www.waze.com/en-US/editor?env=u ... s=47033094
juliansean
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
Sean Julian
CM

Post by juliansean
jm6087 wrote: I believe that this is part of the new save flow errors that are caused by the way the scripts creates the new name. Something about the name has to exist in the screen or something in order to save correctly. Manually adding the name is the only workaround.
But why did two connecting segments have one save fine and one not? That's what's weird.

Sean
juliansean
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
Sean Julian
CM

Post by juliansean
Per the NY Wiki, the road locking standards for the state are different than NY City. Right now, Magic is highlighting the locking standards for NY City outside of the city. Is there a way to lower the locking standards in magic to match the wiki for the whole state, and let those of us that work NY City "remember" that we have a higher locking standard there?

Respectfully,

Sean

https://wazeopedia.waze.com/wiki/USA/Ne ... g_standard
https://www.waze.com/en-US/editor?env=u ... 540&zoom=7
juliansean
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
Sean Julian
CM

Post by juliansean
Understood. Thank you.
juliansean
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
Sean Julian
CM