Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by jm6087
I believe that more people would just leave a segment "unnamed" as opposed to "none" if they don't feel like figuring out the name or city. I also disagree with the statement that most streets should have a name, there are many time "none" is accurate. Such as crossovers with street name on either side being different, AGCs or anytime we need the segment to inherit the next street name.

While it might be nice to have it in Magic and I think it would be a nice option under the "Bored" category, IMO this option (if decided to be added) would be at the bottom of the request list. I am sure there are much more useful features in the "to do" list.
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 21
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
kelemvor33 wrote:Just noticed that if a segment has a SL in the box, but the SL was not verified, it does not highlight as having no SL even though the SL still needs to be set properly. Not sure if that's by design or not but thought I'd mention it.
Confirmed. This does sound like a bug since an unverified SL is the same as no SL.
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
JustinS83 wrote:Update released

Apparently at least one production pushed happened without me being notified...sorry. I believe below are all of the script changes since my last release post.

New features
  • Highlight for segments with "Headlights required" enabled
  • Highlighting of segments with the routing preference changed
  • Overlay on the Magic tab when the Magic layer is disabled (with a link to enable)
  • All/None links added to each section to enable/disable all plugins in that section
  • No connection highlight - highlights segments where the node is within 5m of another segment and not connected
  • Roundabout segment type checking - highlight RAs that do not meet the RA wiki guidance
OUTSTANDING, much appreciated

Thanks for all the work you do on all your scripts to make us happy :D
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
Finally, updated to .13

Thanks Justin
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
DarknessLover wrote:cant install wme magic to

I had no issues, I just clicked on the link and it opened up. I did not go through the Utilities on the dashboard.
https://waze.xpto.org/magic/magic.bundle.user.js
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
Grimace780 wrote:What is meant by "roundabout as a roller coaster" under "you should check this"?
My guess would be that someone has moved the geonodes around making it not so round anymore.
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
subs5 wrote:
ldriveskier wrote:It is being flagged due to the ramp attached to the SW part of that roundabout being locked at L4.
So is that a Magic rule that the RA has to be locked to the highest level attached to it? Normally it is locked to the regions rules for the lock level of the road type.
It is a setting per state/region in the US. WV selected Highest Connected on the Magic Setup Tab

jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
ehepner1977 wrote:
YourEvilTwinFTW wrote:As an R2, it really reduces the amount of information I would see. I'm using Magic to clean up my first AM but if I'm not getting the info on any of my mH & MH then I'm at a disadvantage to spot any problems.
I'll add my voice to the "let lower rank editors have the option to display errors on roads locked above their level" camp. I'm in favor of a check box to make this optional, but all in, there is no benefit to hiding this information.
I agree, this is not much different then the request that has been made to staff to not hide things from lower rank editors. They need the information to do a good job.
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
I am working with Steve in DM to get it resolved
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
I was able to send Steve the script data in a notepad file and he created a new script in TM, deleted all default information and pasted the script data, saved. Once saved he was able to update to latest version (the script data I sent him was one version low due to an update while I was creating the notepad file)

You can get someone you know that has a working version to send you the data.
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ