[Script] WMEMagic

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, Glodenox, JustinS83

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WMEMagic

Postby shmupi » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:13 am

dbcm wrote:Hi gang, version 61 is now live.

Everything should be live again.

Not sure why...but auto update / force update are not finding any updates available....weird

Any suggestions other than remove and re-install ?

Thanks,
Shmupi
shmupi
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby shmupi » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:08 am

dbcm wrote:
shmupi wrote:Shmupi

What version you are now?

Did you changed to the new URL when my server went down?
The URL on tampermonkey should be this one:
https://waze.xpto.org/magic/magic.bundle.user.js

I was on 47...removed it completely and installed the new one

Thanks
Shmupi
shmupi
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby sketch » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:13 pm

bures wrote:There is my wish list: ;)

• Node A/B: Unneeded - adjacent segments at node A/B are identical.

Sounds like "unneeded junction" under "you should check this"
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby sketch » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:37 pm

Not sure if I asked this in the forum yet—

I absolutely love the shortcuts to zoom 4 and 5, and I have mine changed to shift-4 and shift-5.

Can you please add shortcuts for all the other zoom levels? Just leave them unassigned by default (I know Toolbox defaults use 1-2-3) unless you want to put all the zoom levels on shift-numbers. I would absolutely love to be able to zoom to 1 or 2, or 6 or 7, by one keystroke.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby sketch » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:56 pm

ramblinwreck_81 wrote:Not the script author but I'm not aware of having that capability in magic. If you haven't looked at RSEL, you might find you can get what you're looking for with that script. No regexp, but you can do quite a bit with RSEL.

http://prntscr.com/j7m4db

RSel does support regex through the ~ operator, and with Highlights you can do all the Validator stuff and more.

Example:
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby sketch » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:05 pm

SeveriorumPatrem wrote:
jm6087 wrote:
rschalie wrote:Another thing, more content: A lot of notifications on missing names are referring to bits of water or lines of trees. All those bits of water (ponds, ditches) and trees simply don't have names, so would it be possible to relax this requirement a bit?

There are that many ponds, ditches and trees mapped in WME? That seems a bit overboard IMO.

IMO unless it is a major landmark or somehow has a meaningful impact on navigation or situational awareness, and especially considering they aren't named and thus can't be found as a destination, that stuff shouldn't be mapped in the first place, just adds server/client/rendering load and brings no value. I like how Magic highlights these random unhelpful features without names. Click click click. Goodbye, unnamed thing.

First, I do not agree with this mindset. Plenty of unnamed or un-usefully-named bodies of water which are helpful to map for situational awareness. We have a number of drainage canals that run in medians in my area which have names like "Canal no. 3" which are not signed, not useful, and not known to the general public. Nevertheless, the map looks empty without them.

And please note that policies for mapping natural features are not the same around the world. Many areas in Europe have very visually rich maps which include, for example, forested areas — and, if I'm being honest, I wish we did more of this in the States.

https://www.waze.com/livemap?zoom=13&la ... n=12.27705
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby sketch » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:33 pm

It works if there is already a road on screen (more precisely, loaded into WME) with the street-city name pair that the script is changing it to. Otherwise, you get the error.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby sketch » Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:33 pm

dbcm wrote:Hi guys,
as it's possible to route through those segments (i check if the routing is possible, green arrows) and as they are longer than 16 meters (i've added this check now), Magic will complain.

Simplifying these road to a single segment with both directions is what we are doing in Portugal and everything is simple for the editors and for wazers.

pcbman, on your example, the middle segment doesn't have a name, so it's complicated to add extra checks on that scenario :(

I'm open to suggestions

V172 is out for grabs :)

Unless we can think of a heuristic to determine the difference between an AGC and an unnamed median segment, this needs to be disabled for the USA.

It would be nice to have this check for AGCs but not if it is going to be giving all these false positives. Divided roads are divided, and un-dividing them for the sake of "simplicity" leads to a lot of bad directions. It took us a long time to come to this realization in the USA but we did it, and we aren't looking back.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby skubko » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:10 pm

When there is a walking trail connected to some road, WME Magic classifies such road segment as "Simplifiable segment", what I believe is not correct... There are many examples around, but if you want, you can check this one.
skubko
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby SkyviewGuru » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:32 am

JD said it perfectly. Editors are at a disadvantage when they cannot choose to see highlights for segments above their rank. That capability will empower editors to be able to review their whole editing area as opposed to only that which they can fix themselves. Should they identify any troubling concerns, they can bring in their AM+ to assist, bettering the map for all. Thanks for your consideration.
SkyviewGuru
State Manager
State Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts