[Script] WMEMagic

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, JustinS83, Glodenox

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WMEMagic

Postby dbcm » Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:06 am

Hi guys,
as it's possible to route through those segments (i check if the routing is possible, green arrows) and as they are longer than 16 meters (i've added this check now), Magic will complain.

Simplifying these road to a single segment with both directions is what we are doing in Portugal and everything is simple for the editors and for wazers.

pcbman, on your example, the middle segment doesn't have a name, so it's complicated to add extra checks on that scenario :(

I'm open to suggestions

V172 is out for grabs :)
It's so Magic™ | Y U N0 W0RK? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
dbcm
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby jm6087 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:21 am

dbcm wrote:Hi guys,
as it's possible to route through those segments (i check if the routing is possible, green arrows) and as they are longer than 16 meters (i've added this check now), Magic will complain.

Simplifying these road to a single segment with both directions is what we are doing in Portugal and everything is simple for the editors and for wazers.

pcbman, on your example, the middle segment doesn't have a name, so it's complicated to add extra checks on that scenario :(

I'm open to suggestions

I guess I am confused on what you are doing in Portugal to simplify. Can you provide an example to look at?

Both of the examples that pcbman provide is pretty common in the US. Naming the middle segment is situational dependent. If the segment name on either side of the divided highway is different, then we leave the middle segment with no name for inheritance. Based on what I am seeing in pcbman's example, I am guessing that SC does not name in the middle even when both sides are the same so that U-turns are inheriting as well.
jm6087
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby ldriveskier » Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:44 pm

jm6087 wrote:

I'm open to suggestions

I guess I am confused on what you are doing in Portugal to simplify. Can you provide an example to look at?

Both of the examples that pcbman provide is pretty common in the US. Naming the middle segment is situational dependent. If the segment name on either side of the divided highway is different, then we leave the middle segment with no name for inheritance. Based on what I am seeing in pcbman's example, I am guessing that SC does not name in the middle even when both sides are the same so that U-turns are inheriting as well.

For the segments that are being discussed, I added a matching name to them, but that didn't get rid of the highlight. The only way to get rid of it was to promote the type of the road to the crossing road, which is incorrect and could negatively affect routing.
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
USA CM, MAR MSM, WV SM, NE OH LAM (resident of Ohio)
ldriveskier
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby vince1612 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:54 pm

ldriveskier wrote:For the segments that are being discussed, I added a matching name to them, but that didn't get rid of the highlight. The only way to get rid of it was to promote the type of the road to the crossing road, which is incorrect and could negatively affect routing.

I've had similar highlights in my area where nothing was wrong in type and/or naming. For now I've switched OFF the plugin for our country because I don't want younger editors to think they should change road types when it's not necessary.
[ img ]
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D) (FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby sketch » Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:33 pm

I'm open to suggestions

Unless we can think of a heuristic to determine the difference between an AGC and an unnamed median segment, this needs to be disabled for the USA.

It would be nice to have this check for AGCs but not if it is going to be giving all these false positives. Divided roads are divided, and un-dividing them for the sake of "simplicity" leads to a lot of bad directions. It took us a long time to come to this realization in the USA but we did it, and we aren't looking back.
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • tier one • new orleans
2017 chevrolet ss sedan 6mt • slipstream blue metallic
[ img ] [ img ]
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby tenetienne » Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:05 pm

Are ground level RR tracks and local streets supposed to get Segments Intersecting highlights also? I've noticed a few and this one here in New Hampshire, U.S. is showing it, so I decided to mention it. Using the latest version of Magic, 172 and that is the only script running. I haven't read through this entire thread, so if this case is normal, I'll just leave it.
Thanks
tenetienne
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby jm6087 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:56 pm

tenetienne wrote:Are ground level RR tracks and local streets supposed to get Segments Intersecting highlights also? I've noticed a few and this one here in New Hampshire, U.S. is showing it, so I decided to mention it. Using the latest version of Magic, 172 and that is the only script running. I haven't read through this entire thread, so if this case is normal, I'll just leave it.
Thanks

Yes, they should get intersecting flag. We are supposed to junction them not overlap them.
jm6087
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby dbcm » Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:59 pm

Hi gang, i've release v173. LMK if you still find false positives.
It's so Magic™ | Y U N0 W0RK? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
dbcm
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby vince1612 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:04 am

dbcm wrote:Hi gang, i've release v173. LMK if you still find false positives.

I removed the line with FALSE for that plugin from our country sheet but the script doesn't seem to release a new build automatically. So I can't test it out on the places I had seen until I have a new release where it takes into account that it should go back to the default (TRUE).
[ img ]
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D) (FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby tenetienne » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:11 pm

In my AM portion of Manhattan, I'm seeing a lot of "Segment breaking routing" that aren't just arbitrary, but very nicely follow a pattern. I've disabled all my scripts except for Magic. Toolbox and other Chrome extension store scripts aren't running either.
With Manhattan being nicely laid out in a grid, it's very easy to see where a lot them lead off from the same cross street, or end at the same cross street. They've only shown up in the past day or so and I don't know why it seems to only be this one portion of Manhattan. This PL is central to the area.
tenetienne
Area Manager
Area Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts