[Script] WMEMagic

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, Glodenox, JustinS83

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WMEMagic

Postby SeveriorumPatrem » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:10 pm

sketch wrote:
SeveriorumPatrem wrote:IMO unless it is a major landmark or somehow has a meaningful impact on navigation or situational awareness, and especially considering they aren't named and thus can't be found as a destination, that stuff shouldn't be mapped in the first place, just adds server/client/rendering load and brings no value. I like how Magic highlights these random unhelpful features without names. Click click click. Goodbye, unnamed thing.

First, I do not agree with this mindset. Plenty of unnamed or un-usefully-named bodies of water which are helpful to map for situational awareness. We have a number of drainage canals that run in medians in my area which have names like "Canal no. 3" which are not signed, not useful, and not known to the general public. Nevertheless, the map looks empty without them.

I don't think we are actually far apart on this issue. You'll note the first half of my opening sentence:

SeveriorumPatrem wrote:IMO unless it is a major landmark or somehow has a meaningful impact on navigation or situational awareness...
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
The Grumpy Dad
The more I learn, the more I discover how much I don't know.
SeveriorumPatrem
State Manager
State Manager

Postby SeveriorumPatrem » Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:12 am

I see a new type of alert I had not noticed before - maybe it was always there and I recently turned it on? I don't remember.... anyway, it is a "YOU MUST FIX THIS" alert for aggressive turns. Two problems with this:

1. It is activating the alert even when the "aggressive turn" is disabled through blocked turn permissions. If the turn is disallowed, there should be no cause for generating the alert.

2. An "aggressive turn" (defined by Magic as a turn narrower than 30 degrees) is a perfectly reasonable and often intentional setup for a U-turn, commonly found at the end of a run of divided one-way segments.

Might I suggest that Magic's bandwidth for aggressive turns be modified so that it only alerts for turns between 10-30 degrees? Especially considering that anything narrower than 10 degrees actually falls under WME's native detection for generating a "U-turn" directive.
The Grumpy Dad
SeveriorumPatrem
State Manager
State Manager

Postby SeveriorumPatrem » Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:22 pm

To further this last request, perhaps Magic's turn angle monitoring should instead be reconfigured to alert for turn angles known to actually cause problems in the app, the same ones highlighted in yellow by JAI (~45° and ~165°)? I made a similar request for WMETB to flag these that hasn't really been acknowledged, but it would make more sense to pick these issues up with Magic or Validator....
The Grumpy Dad
SeveriorumPatrem
State Manager
State Manager

Postby SeveriorumPatrem » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:22 pm

jm6087 wrote:
tenetienne wrote:Are ground level RR tracks and local streets supposed to get Segments Intersecting highlights also? I've noticed a few and this one here in New Hampshire, U.S. is showing it, so I decided to mention it. Using the latest version of Magic, 172 and that is the only script running. I haven't read through this entire thread, so if this case is normal, I'll just leave it.
Thanks

Yes, they should get intersecting flag. We are supposed to junction them not overlap them.

Last I heard, guidance was to NOT junction railroads with driveable roads any more (a decision I didn't agree with but way above my pay grade). Has that changed back?
The Grumpy Dad
SeveriorumPatrem
State Manager
State Manager

Postby SeveriorumPatrem » Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:21 am

Agreed on all points, iainhouse, but then there's this (USA guidance, and emphasis added by me):

https://wazeopedia.waze.com/wiki/USA/Ro ... s#Railroad

In specific circumstances, create junctions between drivable roads and railroads at grade crossings. Otherwise, do not junction grade crossings. The resulting elevation conflicts are acceptable.

This bullet point then has a lengthy footnote attached, which reads in part:

Adding a junction node for a grade crossing only benefits routing if both (1) between the existing junction nodes on the drivable road on either side of the grade crossing, there is at least one destination on one side of the crossing and room for cars to back up waiting on the other; and (2) the tracks support regular, scheduled train traffic. If either of these elements is missing, adding a junction node for the grade crossing will not benefit routing and may in some cases degrade routing.

Sorry, this is getting totally off topic for the script thread and maybe should be moved elsewhere.....
The Grumpy Dad
SeveriorumPatrem
State Manager
State Manager

Postby SeveriorumPatrem » Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:22 pm

I am repeating a feature change request from over a year ago because it was never acknowledged and I feel it is still valid. Keep occasionally running into cases where Magic is flagging appropriate turn angles that are OK. Since Magic can assess angles, there's no reason it shouldn't be flagging universally known angle problems.

-----------------

I see a new type of alert I had not noticed before - maybe it was always there and I recently turned it on? I don't remember.... anyway, it is a "YOU MUST FIX THIS" alert for aggressive turns. Two problems with this:

1. It is activating the alert even when the "aggressive turn" is disabled through blocked turn permissions. If the turn is disallowed, there should be no cause for generating the alert.

2. An "aggressive turn" (defined by Magic as a turn narrower than 30 degrees) is a perfectly reasonable and often intentional setup for a U-turn, commonly found at the end of a run of divided one-way segments.

Might I suggest that Magic's bandwidth for aggressive turns be modified so that it only alerts for turns between 10-30 degrees? Especially considering that anything narrower than 10 degrees actually falls under WME's native detection for generating a "U-turn" directive.

In addition, Magic's turn angle monitoring should actively be reconfigured to alert for turn angles known to actually cause problems in the app, the same ones highlighted in yellow by JAI (~45° and ~165°)?
The Grumpy Dad
SeveriorumPatrem
State Manager
State Manager

Postby sh-oded » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:47 am

lg1992 wrote:Originally the control panel of the script showed a check list under every color category and allowed to enable/disable any item. Now I only see the categories, no items under the categories. Please bring the items back.

it seems to be related to the country adaptation (Israel). When I change to other countries (i.e. France, Netherlands), it looks ok.
מנהל מתנדב, גבעת-שמואל, קרית-אונו ובקעת אונו
LC: Israel, CM: Israel, Jordan
הוספת קישור(פרמלינק) מדריך לעריכת המפה הוספת/עדכון מקום
Galaxy S10-SM-G973F, Android 9.0, Waze latest Beta
sh-oded
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby sh-oded » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:31 am

It is working again ...
But, WME becomes non-responsive for several seconds after clicking options. Something related to the click function.
מנהל מתנדב, גבעת-שמואל, קרית-אונו ובקעת אונו
LC: Israel, CM: Israel, Jordan
הוספת קישור(פרמלינק) מדריך לעריכת המפה הוספת/עדכון מקום
Galaxy S10-SM-G973F, Android 9.0, Waze latest Beta
sh-oded
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby Shakal1710 » Wed May 29, 2019 9:25 pm

same problem here. German WME and all other scripts off...

EDIT:
ähhh ups... reinstalled WMEMagic and now its working again.... hmmmm^^
Shakal1710

Postby Shakal1710 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:51 pm

Andy_Na wrote:
dbcm wrote:
Thanks, it's now fixed.

Version 217 changelog
- fix double interchange
- several fixes to work on WME Beta

There is a bug when double interchange is activated. I use Chrome (latest V80), maybe Firefox too. All other scripts were deactivated

• Zoom out to zoom level 0-3
  • Activate "interchange over each other"
  • Chrome stopps working (sometimes I had to kill chrome in the taskmanager)

Best regards
Andy

same here on Chrome and Firefox
Shakal1710

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts