[Script] WME Place Harmonizer

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, Glodenox, JustinS83

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Place Harmonizer

Postby G_W1Z » Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:24 pm

MapOMatic wrote:I'm not able to reproduce it. I'll try to debug with you via Discord.

It's working now for me. Likely a script conflict on my end. Sorry about that!
G_W1Z
Pennsylvania LAM (USA:NOR)
Waze Etiquette | Pennsylvania Editing
A Phoenix out of the ashes...
iPhone XS | Apple Car Play
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
G_W1Z
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby MapOMatic » Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:01 pm

SeveriorumPatrem wrote:I'm seeing some places come up red that had previously recently been green, curious if there were any script changes that might cause that, or if it is somehow related to the WME update.

For example, this park, which has no associated HN to assign to it, was previously shown in green as recently as last week but is now being flagged because of the missing HN when there isn't one to assign.

https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lo ... 139&zoom=6

I ran it using the last production version of WMEPH and you are correct, it was green then. I'll look into it.
[ img ] [ img ]

AM Central KY | CM USA
MapOMatic
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby MapOMatic » Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:12 pm

Well, it used to be highlighted green on the map, but it was red in the banner so it should have been red on the map. I must have "fixed the bug" somewhere along the way. I know some people have expressed interest in making the missing HN flag green for some categories, like parks. The problem is that it's case-by-case. Some areas may have HNs on parks, and some may not. Whitelisting is the only option right now, but we've discussed making it so that locking to region standard lock level would override the missing HN flag on certain place categories.
[ img ] [ img ]

AM Central KY | CM USA
MapOMatic
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby SeveriorumPatrem » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:36 pm

So it was actually "broken" before but looked good? LOL

OK, thanks for checking, and I understand any hesitation to get into too many customizations or regionalizations, because of how those can exponentially increase the ongoing and future maintenance demands.
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
The Grumpy Dad
The more I learn, the more I discover how much I don't know.
SeveriorumPatrem
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby SeveriorumPatrem » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:35 am

Would like to submit a slight behavior request for RPPs, unless it has already been considered and declined.

When running WMEPH on an RPP, there exists an option to lock RPPs to region default. Can we also have an option to, when running WMEPH on an RPP, automatically create a Stop Point for it if it does not already have one?
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
The Grumpy Dad
The more I learn, the more I discover how much I don't know.
SeveriorumPatrem
Area Manager
Area Manager

Previous

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts