[Script] WME Place Harmonizer

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, Glodenox, JustinS83

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Place Harmonizer

Postby turbomkt » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:37 pm

SeveriorumPatrem wrote:Bump - to check for response on request to add option to add stop point for RPPs. Yay or nay as necessary, just making sure it wasn't missed.

I think that's going to need a chance in guidance. I won't add a stop point unless it's needed.
turbomkt
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby SeveriorumPatrem » Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:50 am

turbomkt wrote:

I think that's going to need a chance in guidance. I won't add a stop point unless it's needed.[/quote]

Is there a scenario where it can cause a problem when it's not needed?
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
The Grumpy Dad
The more I learn, the more I discover how much I don't know.
SeveriorumPatrem
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby turbomkt » Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:00 pm

There's no problem at all, but why add something to the map if it's not needed? That's the opposite of "Simple".
turbomkt
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby jm6087 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:55 pm

turbomkt wrote:There's no problem at all, but why add something to the map if it's not needed? That's the opposite of "Simple".

And I personally add them most of the time, but still don't feel the guidance should be changed unless there is a real need.
jm6087
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby SeveriorumPatrem » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:51 am

Ok, no worries. But just a minor clarification....the request was to add an option preference to automatically add a stop point, that could be toggled on and off at the editor's discretion the same way they can be optionally added when using PIE to create them.... not a request to force it all the time. PIE does it and didn't need a guidance change to do so. Not a big impact issue, though. Thanks for the consideration.
The Grumpy Dad
SeveriorumPatrem
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby jm6087 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:18 am

Having an option would be fine with me. MoM has been MIA lately due to real life, so he will have to decide when he returns.
jm6087
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby turbomkt » Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:34 pm

SeveriorumPatrem wrote:Ok, no worries. But just a minor clarification....the request was to add an option preference to automatically add a stop point, that could be toggled on and off at the editor's discretion the same way they can be optionally added when using PIE to create them.... not a request to force it all the time. PIE does it and didn't need a guidance change to do so. Not a big impact issue, though. Thanks for the consideration.

OK...looking at this a little differently...
You want to add a stop point the moment WMEPH is run on an RPP? Or you want WMEPH to add a button to add the stop point?

If the first, that's counter to what a lot of people want happening. Before MoM's hiatus, his efforts included reducing what happens automatically.

If the second...why not just click the existing WME button to add the stop point?
turbomkt
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby SeveriorumPatrem » Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:15 pm

turbomkt wrote:
SeveriorumPatrem wrote:Ok, no worries. But just a minor clarification....the request was to add an option preference to automatically add a stop point, that could be toggled on and off at the editor's discretion the same way they can be optionally added when using PIE to create them.... not a request to force it all the time. PIE does it and didn't need a guidance change to do so. Not a big impact issue, though. Thanks for the consideration.

OK...looking at this a little differently...
You want to add a stop point the moment WMEPH is run on an RPP? Or you want WMEPH to add a button to add the stop point?

If the first, that's counter to what a lot of people want happening. Before MoM's hiatus, his efforts included reducing what happens automatically.

If the second...why not just click the existing WME button to add the stop point?

I was asking to have the option to have a stop point automatically added to an RPP when WMEPH is run on it. Similar to how there is an option to have WMEPH automatically lock an RPP to the region standard...it doesn't just unilaterally uplock it (even though there is a strong case that it probably should), it only does it when the editor has enabled that option. I was only wanting the option, not forced behavior.

That said, I also understand and appreciate that adding an unneeded stop point (although I think we all agree it doesn't actually harm anything), does add complexity that may not be desired.

I'm basically withdrawing the request unless decision makers feel it is worthy anyway, but wanted to make it clear I was never intending to ask for something that would force unwanted behavior, either.
The Grumpy Dad
SeveriorumPatrem
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby Alpha_VA » Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:44 am

For the last few days I have a problem when working on parking lot areas. After running WMEPH on the PLA, some buttons (price, number of places) do not work when clicked. Also the frame of the lot vanishes and only the nodes remain visible. After clicking elsewhere, the place is vanished and resurfaces only when reloading data/page.

Version 2019.07.25.001 (I tried to update but that seems to be the current version).

Any hints for me what I am doing wrong?
Alpha_VA

Previous

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts