Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by juliansean
Great update! Thank you.
juliansean
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message
Sean Julian
CM
SM: TX, LA, MS, AR, OK
AM: SE FL, Boston, MA, Brooklyn, NY, Bronx, NY, Manhattan, NY, Queens, NY, E CA, SW KS

Post by juliansean
I would like to request that WMEPH does a duplicate check when run on RPP's. Especially in large cities, I'll get an RPP all set, run WMEPH, and then go to save only to have an error. Scrolling around a bit, I find there was already that RPP in another, incorrect location.

Thank you ahead of time!

Sean
juliansean
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
Sean Julian
CM
AM: SE FL, Boston, MA, Brooklyn, NY, Bronx, NY, Manhattan, NY, Queens, NY, E CA, SW KS

Post by juliansean
jm6087 wrote:
I am not sure which script that would be better in. WMEPH (after clicking) or PIE (on area scan)
Right now WMEPH scans for duplicates on regular PP when run, so I thought having it do the same for RPP's would be beneficial.
juliansean
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
Sean Julian
CM

Post by juliansean
Having the new google search right there is great! Thank you.
juliansean
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
Sean Julian
CM

Post by juliansean
Another normal for duplicates is their parking lot. Another place I look immediately.

Sean
juliansean
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
Sean Julian
CM

Post by juliansean
MoM,

Thank you very much for the addition of removing the parent category. Saves a few clicks, and helps harmonize. Excellent!

Sean
juliansean
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
Sean Julian
CM

Post by juliansean
SeveriorumPatrem wrote:(Typical introductory apology if I am asking for something impossible or previously suggested and discarded.....)

Consider a validation check on Places, particularly but not exclusively RPPs, that have an address defined for a street that is not mapped.

It is my understanding that RPPs don't work if there isn't a matching named segment in proximity somewhere. As the map is worked in an area, street names are changed for typos or nonconforming styles (fixing "Avenue" to "Ave" or "Stct" to "St Ct", etc), and sometimes cities are corrected too. Any pre-existing RPPs created from the app with the old name that are not also updated will AFAIK be rendered broken after that. Can WMEPH catch those?
I'd like to add to the request that duplicate RPP's be included in new checks. I can harmonize an RPP and go to save, and it won't save if there is a duplicate (obviously). If WMEPH could do a quick check for a duplicate and flag it, we wouldn't be wasting our time trying to work an RPP that doesn't need to be worked. Thank you!
juliansean
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
Sean Julian
CM

Post by JustADrvr
It seems like since the WME Production update this month, every time I open Chrome, WMEPH doesn't open until I reload at least once. Sometimes it happens when I'm navigating to a new PL, but mostly it's on opening Chrome.

JustADrvr
Send a message

Post by JustADrvr
I just discovered another issue in WMEPH 2023.09.27.001: Clicking the nudge button causes the Save button to turn blue, but the nudge can't be saved. The following console error appears when trying to nudge:

Code: Select all

app-bbfed0780e602b9b.js.gz:1 Uncaught Error: unknown GeoJSON type
    at s (third_party-84fdfc4bc5c753fc.js.gz:2:3086091)
    at l.doAction (app-bbfed0780e602b9b.js.gz:1:73122)
    at app-bbfed0780e602b9b.js.gz:1:13692
    at Array.map (<anonymous>)
    at a.doAction (app-bbfed0780e602b9b.js.gz:1:13682)
    at m.<anonymous> (app-bbfed0780e602b9b.js.gz:1:931133)
    at d (app-bbfed0780e602b9b.js.gz:1:930254)
    at m.add (app-bbfed0780e602b9b.js.gz:1:931102)
    at nudgeVenue (userscript.html?name=WME-Place-Harmonizer.user.js&id=786b87cf-83fd-4794-a758-f0a3e6959c6c:1779:31)
    at OldHours.action (userscript.html?name=WME-Place-Harmonizer.user.js&id=786b87cf-83fd-4794-a758-f0a3e6959c6c:5111:17)

JustADrvr
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
Yup, that's PIE. I'm working on it. They changed how/how often that panel completely recreates itself which is goofing a lot of button loading.
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message