Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by SeveriorumPatrem
I'm seeing some places come up red that had previously recently been green, curious if there were any script changes that might cause that, or if it is somehow related to the WME update.

For example, this park, which has no associated HN to assign to it, was previously shown in green as recently as last week but is now being flagged because of the missing HN when there isn't one to assign.

https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lo ... 139&zoom=6
SeveriorumPatrem
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by SeveriorumPatrem
So it was actually "broken" before but looked good? LOL

OK, thanks for checking, and I understand any hesitation to get into too many customizations or regionalizations, because of how those can exponentially increase the ongoing and future maintenance demands.
SeveriorumPatrem
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by SeveriorumPatrem
Would like to submit a slight behavior request for RPPs, unless it has already been considered and declined.

When running WMEPH on an RPP, there exists an option to lock RPPs to region default. Can we also have an option to, when running WMEPH on an RPP, automatically create a Stop Point for it if it does not already have one?
SeveriorumPatrem
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by SeveriorumPatrem
Bump - to check for response on request to add option to add stop point for RPPs. Yay or nay as necessary, just making sure it wasn't missed.
SeveriorumPatrem
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by SeveriorumPatrem
turbomkt wrote:
I think that's going to need a chance in guidance. I won't add a stop point unless it's needed.
Is there a scenario where it can cause a problem when it's not needed?
SeveriorumPatrem
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message
Last edited by SeveriorumPatrem on Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by SeveriorumPatrem
Ok, no worries. But just a minor clarification....the request was to add an option preference to automatically add a stop point, that could be toggled on and off at the editor's discretion the same way they can be optionally added when using PIE to create them.... not a request to force it all the time. PIE does it and didn't need a guidance change to do so. Not a big impact issue, though. Thanks for the consideration.
SeveriorumPatrem
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by SeveriorumPatrem
turbomkt wrote:
SeveriorumPatrem wrote:Ok, no worries. But just a minor clarification....the request was to add an option preference to automatically add a stop point, that could be toggled on and off at the editor's discretion the same way they can be optionally added when using PIE to create them.... not a request to force it all the time. PIE does it and didn't need a guidance change to do so. Not a big impact issue, though. Thanks for the consideration.
OK...looking at this a little differently...
You want to add a stop point the moment WMEPH is run on an RPP? Or you want WMEPH to add a button to add the stop point?

If the first, that's counter to what a lot of people want happening. Before MoM's hiatus, his efforts included reducing what happens automatically.

If the second...why not just click the existing WME button to add the stop point?
I was asking to have the option to have a stop point automatically added to an RPP when WMEPH is run on it. Similar to how there is an option to have WMEPH automatically lock an RPP to the region standard...it doesn't just unilaterally uplock it (even though there is a strong case that it probably should), it only does it when the editor has enabled that option. I was only wanting the option, not forced behavior.

That said, I also understand and appreciate that adding an unneeded stop point (although I think we all agree it doesn't actually harm anything), does add complexity that may not be desired.

I'm basically withdrawing the request unless decision makers feel it is worthy anyway, but wanted to make it clear I was never intending to ask for something that would force unwanted behavior, either.
SeveriorumPatrem
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by SeveriorumPatrem
The script error report feature is now opening a PM window with no recipient defined. I assume that is due to MoM taking some time off? Without knowing where else to send said reports.....

-------------------

Script version: 2019.10.30.001
Permalink: https://www.waze.com/en-US/editor?env=u ... 17.6992354
Place name:
--------
Describe the error:

Is it still intended behavior to flag alphanumeric RPPs?
SeveriorumPatrem
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by SeveriorumPatrem
It's combination of the two conditions that bring the alert. Waze places should of course have a google link, but if one isn't available or wasn't added when it was last edited, this alert is the result of a six month timer to have an editor check it again for validity. Either by finding and adding the google link if one has become available, or "nudging" it to confirm that it is still as correct as possible despite not having a google link. If the latter, it will alert again after another six months.

Sometimes these alerts are inescapable for certain place types that just aren't going to be listed on google, but a gas station should definitely have a google listing available for linking after six months.
SeveriorumPatrem
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by SeveriorumPatrem
Feature request. As usual, since I'm not a script writer, I don't know if I'm asking for the impossible.

* Add a button to copy the Google Place name into the name field in Waze.

It's quite common to find a place in Waze linked to its GMaps counterpart, but the Waze place name was bungled up by the submitter fumbling on their mobile device, giving only a partial name ("Smith", instead of "Smith Auto Parts"), or using all lower case, or other typos. GMaps nearly always has the correctly-formatted name. Would love to have a one-click way to copy the GMaps name up to the Waze name.

For that matter, if that can be done, would be equally great to have another one-click option to transfer the address up, too.

Another case for this name fix function would be that sometimes a business changes its name, or closes and another reopens at that location, and the GMaps place link remains attached but the Waze name is then totally wrong.

Would need to build it in a way that if multiple GMaps places are linked, to either choose which one, or block the function and require manual intervention.
SeveriorumPatrem
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message