[Script] WME Place Harmonizer

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, Glodenox, JustinS83

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Place Harmonizer v1.3

Postby HBiede » Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:16 am

Learn something new every day. I didn't know it knew how to convert those kinds of phone numbers. I've always broke out a picture of a T9 phone and converted it manually assuming it didn't know how to deal with those.
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
State Manager - Nebraska and Large Area Manager - Montana
Layer Saver Script
HBiede
State Manager
State Manager

Postby MapOMatic » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:00 pm

v1.3.133

WHAT'S NEW
  • "Auto-add convenience store to gas stations" option has been removed.
  • WMEPH will remove unnecessary parent categories when child categories are added.
  • Adjust USPS matching to be a little more precise.
  • Adjust Park & Ride matching for non-standard PLA name flag.
  • Convert "X" to a digit in phone #s (was not working properly before).
[ img ] [ img ]

AM Central KY | CM USA
MapOMatic
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby Robert04101 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:22 pm

Thanks @mapomatic!

The state managers in New England have started a push to get our boat launches mapped. We've agreed that they should be point places, not area, and Marina/Seaport/Harbor. See, e.g. https://wazeopedia.waze.com/wiki/USA/Ma ... t_Launches

Could you please align WMEPH to not throw an error for Marina/Seaport/Harbor point places? At least in New England?

Thanks!
Robert04101
State Manager
State Manager

Postby turbomkt » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:30 am

Robert04101 wrote:Thanks @mapomatic!

The state managers in New England have started a push to get our boat launches mapped. We've agreed that they should be point places, not area, and Marina/Seaport/Harbor. See, e.g. https://wazeopedia.waze.com/wiki/USA/Ma ... t_Launches

Could you please align WMEPH to not throw an error for Marina/Seaport/Harbor point places? At least in New England?

Thanks!

Not worried about people driving into the water? :)
turbomkt
State Manager
State Manager

Postby juliansean » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:45 pm

MoM,

Thank you very much for the addition of removing the parent category. Saves a few clicks, and helps harmonize. Excellent!

Sean
Sean Julian
MSM: TX, LA, MS, AR, OK
AM: Southeast FL, Boston, MA, Bronx, NY, Manhattan, NY, Queens, NY, Eastern California, Southwest KS

[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
juliansean
State Manager
State Manager

Postby SuperDave1426 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:17 pm

Robert04101 wrote:Thanks @mapomatic!

Purely out of curiosity, why would you not want a boat launch to be an Area Place so that it shows on the map when someone is driving nearby?
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby RussPA » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:29 pm

When you click the Add button to add a new Google link to a place and you hover over any item in the Google list, you no longer get the yellow dot for the link location. Once you select a link, then you see the dot, just not before.
[ img ] [ img ] [ img ] [ img ] [ img ][ img ] [ img ]
Assistant Regional Coordinator - NOR
Local Champ - US
WME Beta Community Coordinator
RussPA
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby rebeltj » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:03 pm

I have noticed the past few days that when the HN is entered in and enter key or add button is pressed, the HN is not transferred to the HN field causing the editor doing the harmonization to have to enter the HN again.
rebeltj

Postby MapOMatic » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:17 am

rebeltj wrote:I have noticed the past few days that when the HN is entered in and enter key or add button is pressed, the HN is not transferred to the HN field causing the editor doing the harmonization to have to enter the HN again.

Thanks for the heads up. I haven't been able to find a solution as of yet but I'm working on it.

A little more info: the HN is actually updated behind the scenes, it's just not immediately updated on the side panel user interface. After you enter the HN, you can deselect/reselect the place to see that it has updated. But if you edit the address without first deselecting the place, you'll get the blank HN field.
[ img ] [ img ]

AM Central KY | CM USA
MapOMatic
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby rebeltj » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:26 am

MapOMatic wrote:
rebeltj wrote:I have noticed the past few days that when the HN is entered in and enter key or add button is pressed, the HN is not transferred to the HN field causing the editor doing the harmonization to have to enter the HN again.

Thanks for the heads up. I haven't been able to find a solution as of yet but I'm working on it.

A little more info: the HN is actually updated behind the scenes, it's just not immediately updated on the side panel user interface. After you enter the HN, you can deselect/reselect the place to see that it has updated. But if you edit the address without first deselecting the place, you'll get the blank HN field.
Thank you, I did test it as you stated in your reply and that works for the time being.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
rebeltj

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts