Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by MapOMatic
v1.3.133

WHAT'S NEW
  • "Auto-add convenience store to gas stations" option has been removed.
  • WMEPH will remove unnecessary parent categories when child categories are added.
  • Adjust USPS matching to be a little more precise.
  • Adjust Park & Ride matching for non-standard PLA name flag.
  • Convert "X" to a digit in phone #s (was not working properly before).
MapOMatic
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by MapOMatic
rebeltj wrote:I have noticed the past few days that when the HN is entered in and enter key or add button is pressed, the HN is not transferred to the HN field causing the editor doing the harmonization to have to enter the HN again.
Thanks for the heads up. I haven't been able to find a solution as of yet but I'm working on it.

A little more info: the HN is actually updated behind the scenes, it's just not immediately updated on the side panel user interface. After you enter the HN, you can deselect/reselect the place to see that it has updated. But if you edit the address without first deselecting the place, you'll get the blank HN field.
MapOMatic
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by MapOMatic
Release v1.3.144
Updated to work with Google sheets API v4. Hopefully works for everyone, but let me know if you notice anything strange. This hasn't been thoroughly tested yet :geek: .
MapOMatic
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by MapOMatic
I completely agree that most AP should have an entry point. It's easy to see where the stop point is for a PP if it doesn't explicitly have an entry point, but an AP can be somewhat ambiguous depending on its size/shape.

I don't think it'd hurt to at least add a note in the banner, along the lines of "Add an entry point for this area place, if needed." It wouldn't change the highlight color (i.e. not required), but I think it would encourage/remind people to check on it.
MapOMatic
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by MapOMatic
Thanks for the suggestion. I've got it added in a release that'll be out sometime in the not-too-distant future...
MapOMatic
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by MapOMatic
I'm not able to reproduce it. I'll try to debug with you via Discord.
MapOMatic
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by MapOMatic
SeveriorumPatrem wrote:I'm seeing some places come up red that had previously recently been green, curious if there were any script changes that might cause that, or if it is somehow related to the WME update.

For example, this park, which has no associated HN to assign to it, was previously shown in green as recently as last week but is now being flagged because of the missing HN when there isn't one to assign.

https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lo ... 139&zoom=6
I ran it using the last production version of WMEPH and you are correct, it was green then. I'll look into it.
MapOMatic
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by MapOMatic
Well, it used to be highlighted green on the map, but it was red in the banner so it should have been red on the map. I must have "fixed the bug" somewhere along the way. I know some people have expressed interest in making the missing HN flag green for some categories, like parks. The problem is that it's case-by-case. Some areas may have HNs on parks, and some may not. Whitelisting is the only option right now, but we've discussed making it so that locking to region standard lock level would override the missing HN flag on certain place categories.
MapOMatic
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by MapOMatic
SeveriorumPatrem wrote:Hi Justin, just bumping the thread for consideration of the RPP validation checks suggested by myself and juliansean back in April, two different checks, one for valid nearby road name and one for duplicate RPP. If the answer is no, I am sure we are fine with that, but just making sure you saw the requests. Thanks.
It might be better to implement these in a script like Magic or Validator since they're not technically related to place harmonization, and other countries that can't use WMEPH could benefit from them.
MapOMatic
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
Last edited by MapOMatic on Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by MapOMatic
onryou wrote:Hello,

I think everybody can interest in your script to harmonize places.

Can you open your script to be available in the world ?

best regards from France
I agree, and I would love it if I had the time to do this. However, the script is heavily coded with things that are specific to North America and the English language. It would likely be easier to start from scratch and build something similar to WMEPH, with internationalization in mind.
MapOMatic
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message