Switch to full style
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Forum rules

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post a reply

Re: [Script] WME Place Harmonizer

Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:38 pm

DrivingWithBill wrote:Can we exclude “Natural Places” categories for this flag? It seams like those are often not driven directly too and may have multiple locations along them for a destination

I am sure Mike will figure something out, but even if Natural Places are included, the flag will be nothing but a reminder that the editor may want to consider adding an entry point

Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:59 pm

Apologies if this has been brought up before and discarded.

After running the script, if it has no address info at all, two fixing options are provided:

* No HN (clicking jumps to the "House Number" field)
* No street: (jumps to the "Street" field, also unselects the associated "None" checkbox)

I can't think of a single reasonable situation where an editor responding to the "No HN" problem isn't going to also provide the Street if it is not already present. This process would run a little smoother if - when the "No HN" button is clicked and the Street is also set to None - the script would also unselect the "None" checkbox for Street, since we will otherwise be manually unselecting it anyway about 99.9% of the time as we tab forward to enter the Street info after providing the HN.

Thanks for your consideration.

Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:32 am

Thanks for the suggestion. I've got it added in a release that'll be out sometime in the not-too-distant future...

Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:42 am

Thank you MOM. :)

New observation - When creating a new RPP, the subsetting for "When the primary is 'No city' look for an alt city" does not seem to be working for me any more. Anyone else seeing this?

Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:51 am

SeveriorumPatrem wrote:Thank you MOM. :)

New observation - When creating a new RPP, the subsetting for "When the primary is 'No city' look for an alt city" does not seem to be working for me any more. Anyone else seeing this?

**Cough** PIE **Cough**

Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:09 am

ehepner1977 wrote:
SeveriorumPatrem wrote:Thank you MOM. :)

**Cough** PIE **Cough**

Argh. Disregard. :oops:

Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:38 pm

The enter key is not adding place info from within the WMEPH interface. It will add the info if you click the Add button, but the corresponding field will light up green with no info in it. Here is a screencap of what I am experiencing:

[ img ]

Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:14 am

I'm not able to reproduce it. I'll try to debug with you via Discord.

Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:30 am

I'm seeing some places come up red that had previously recently been green, curious if there were any script changes that might cause that, or if it is somehow related to the WME update.

For example, this park, which has no associated HN to assign to it, was previously shown in green as recently as last week but is now being flagged because of the missing HN when there isn't one to assign.

https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lo ... 139&zoom=6

Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:13 am

SeveriorumPatrem wrote:I'm seeing some places come up red that had previously recently been green, curious if there were any script changes that might cause that, or if it is somehow related to the WME update.

For example, this park, which has no associated HN to assign to it, was previously shown in green as recently as last week but is now being flagged because of the missing HN when there isn't one to assign.

https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lo ... 139&zoom=6

Had you whitelisted the HN before? If so, maybe the list got cleared out somehow.
Post a reply