[Script] WME Place Harmonizer

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, Glodenox, JustinS83

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Place Harmonizer v1.3

Postby steelpanz » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:01 pm

Loving the Post Office updates. Thanks! Given the work you've done on POs, is it possible to configure the script to auto insert the leading "Post Office - " phrase in the Name and then provide a whitelistable field to fill in the station to be auto-inserted after that with the increase in standard formatting?
steelpanz
State Manager
State Manager

Postby steelpanz » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:16 pm

So one thing that has really helped me is the buttons you've added for PLAs to make sure all attributes are added. To take that to the next step, would it be possible to choose a set of defaults so that when you run the script, you don't have to click those handy buttons and, instead, those attributes are just defaulted in? I'm thinking this could be helpful when working an area where the PLAs are all pretty similar in attributes - disability parking, perhaps the option to default to 11-30 spaces, defaulting the entry/exit point, just to name a few.

Again, thanks for all your work. This is an incredible script to not only use, but teach some of the newer editors how to use it.
steelpanz
State Manager
State Manager

Postby steelpanz » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:50 pm

Your second paragraph gave me pause to think about the script's impact only the editing community as a whole and not just for my own personal benefit. Given that, would locking my requested feature at a certain level be an option?

There are some attributes, such as "wheelchair accessible," that I suppose I just haven't thought about NOT applying to a place, given the assumption of the ADA and how I'm assuming all places I'm editing comply with that act.

And it's a good point that redundancy may cause a lapse in concentration on these smaller details (regardless of rank). So I definitely see your point. It doesn't seem like it'd be a bother to have to click a sequence of buttons based on the category the PP is classified as.

Thanks again for all your work on this.
steelpanz
State Manager
State Manager

Postby steelpanz » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:21 pm

Is it possible to automate the 24/7 option when a category matches "hotel?" I can't think of circumstances in which a hotel would NOT be 24/7, but maybe someone else does.

The reason I bring it up is because:
1) It'd be helpful for mapping new PP's
2) For existing PP's, I often stumble across the message stating, "hotel is 24 hours, but not 7 days a week"
steelpanz
State Manager
State Manager

Postby steelpanz » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:10 pm

RichardPyne wrote:
steelpanz wrote:Is it possible to automate the 24/7 option when a category matches "hotel?" I can't think of circumstances in which a hotel would NOT be 24/7, but maybe someone else does.

I have run across some small town motels that are not 24/7

In other words, you have to check in by a certain time or there will be nobody at the desk?
steelpanz
State Manager
State Manager

Postby steelpanz » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:15 pm

Does WME allow you to script a shortcut for the "copy" and "paste" functions within WMEPH?
steelpanz
State Manager
State Manager

Postby steelpanz » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:50 pm

It's funny; as you continue to improve the script, more and more ways to explore simplification come to mind. Much appreciated.

Also, on PLA's, you have scripted logic to not only add a stop point, but to determine whether or not it has been moved. I'm curious if that same logic could be applied to places as well.
steelpanz
State Manager
State Manager

Postby steelpanz » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:01 pm

I'm actually not knowledgable enough to know the difference between adding a stop point for a place point versus an area point. What difference would there be?
steelpanz
State Manager
State Manager

Postby steelpanz » Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:14 pm

Here's an interesting idea. Suppose we have vetted sources, such as those on the PNH sheets (Lowe's, Taco Bell, McDonald's, et al). Are any of the websites belonging to those vendors configured to where you'd be able to automatically pull the Hours and Phone number from even a few of them?

As we see time and time again, so many places are blue simply because the phone and hours are not populated (possibly due to lack of interest to go the next mile), even if the chain was matched on the PNH sheet. I feel we'd see a SUBSTANTIAL increase in complete harmonization if those elements were able to be brought in as suggestions from the vendor website, if a location is matched.
steelpanz
State Manager
State Manager

Postby steelpanz » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:31 pm

This may sound snarky, but it's not my intent whatsoever; but what more can an editor do if there's a precise match on the location's own URL that contains the data as accurately as we can possibly get?
steelpanz
State Manager
State Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts