[Script] WME Rapid House Numbers

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, Glodenox, JustinS83

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Rapid House Numbers

Postby ArjoPoldervaart » Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:37 am

Sorry for the late reply, somehow the forum didn't send me an e-mail notification. When the '26X' series is used, I have never seen it increase into something like 26AA. So I would say your proposal to increase from 26Z to 27A is perfectly fine.
In the second form, only the second number should increase, and that can easily go into three digits and shouldn't switch from e.g. 10-999 to 11-1, but just keep increasing, so 10-1000.
Hope that covers your question?
Area Manager: Eastern Noord-Brabant, West Maas & Waal, Druten, Nijmegen, Wijchen (NL)
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
ArjoPoldervaart
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby YanisKyr » Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:14 pm

This might be a bug, but my knowledge is limited to try and investigate if it's this script or something else so I'll share with you guys.

After exiting house number mode and continuing to edit the map, the save button works ok but the Ctrl+S keyboard shortcut greys out the WME and freezes.

Change count on the save button remains visible but if I reload the tab, my changes have actually been saved.
YanisKyr
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5

Postby G_W1Z » Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:41 pm

YanisKyr wrote:This might be a bug, but my knowledge is limited to try and investigate if it's this script or something else so I'll share with you guys.

After exiting house number mode and continuing to edit the map, the save button works ok but the Ctrl+S keyboard shortcut greys out the WME and freezes.

Change count on the save button remains visible but if I reload the tab, my changes have actually been saved.

This is a known bug that I helped document and report. It even happens in Incognito with no scripts enabled. It tries to save the webpage. It is very frustrating.

It also happens if you enter HN mode, add/edit or do nothing with HNs, exit HN mode and then make any other edit and use the Ctrl+S keyboard shortcut.
G_W1Z
Pennsylvania LAM (USA:NOR)
Waze Etiquette | Pennsylvania Editing
A Phoenix out of the ashes...
iPhone XS | Apple Car Play
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
G_W1Z
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby ArjoPoldervaart » Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:01 pm

kjg53 wrote:Hypothetically, when given an address of 26X and an increment of 1 should the generated sequence be 26X, 26Y, 26Z, 27A, 27B, ...?
What about the second form where we have two numbers separated by a dash, should the script only increment the second number?

Hey kjg53, did you see my reply? Do you need any other information?
Area Manager: Eastern Noord-Brabant, West Maas & Waal, Druten, Nijmegen, Wijchen (NL)
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
ArjoPoldervaart
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby YanisKyr » Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:53 pm

G_W1Z wrote:This is a known bug that I helped document and report. It even happens in Incognito with no scripts enabled. It tries to save the webpage. It is very frustrating.

It also happens if you enter HN mode, add/edit or do nothing with HNs, exit HN mode and then make any other edit and use the Ctrl+S keyboard shortcut.

Oh is it a bug of WME? Good to know, let's hope for a fix in this decade :D
YanisKyr
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5

Postby G_W1Z » Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:59 am

YanisKyr wrote:
G_W1Z wrote:This is a known bug that I helped document and report. It even happens in Incognito with no scripts enabled. It tries to save the webpage. It is very frustrating.

Oh is it a bug of WME? Good to know, let's hope for a fix in this decade :D

It's been around since the non-existent streetid bug. I'm not sure it's well known and it isn't a major issue, especially if you don't use keyboard shortcuts, so I'm not holding my breath.
G_W1Z
Pennsylvania LAM (USA:NOR)
Waze Etiquette | Pennsylvania Editing
A Phoenix out of the ashes...
iPhone XS | Apple Car Play
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
G_W1Z
Area Manager
Area Manager

Previous

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts