[Script] WME Rapid House Numbers

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, Glodenox, JustinS83

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Rapid House Numbers

Postby juliansean » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:19 pm

I just have to say, be very careful deleting all HN's. Whether manually or with a script. Be sure you have a record or the GIS information easily available to re-add those numbers if necessary.

Sean
Sean Julian
MSM: TX, LA, MS, AR, OK
AM: Southeast FL, Boston, MA, Bronx, NY, Manhattan, NY, Queens, NY, Eastern California, Southwest KS

[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
juliansean
State Manager
State Manager

Postby gerdami » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:23 pm

karlcr9911 wrote:It would be nice to have the ability to press 'S' for example, and skip the next increment.

I fully support this idea. Of course, Skip shortcut should not interfere with other ones.
gerdami

Postby kjg53 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:50 am

If you'll enable your numpad the 1-9 keys will allow you to skip by a specific amount. For example, if the increment is 4 press '8', rather than 'h', to enter the house number immediately before the value that needs to be skipped. When you place that house number on the map the value in the 'Next #' field will be incremented by 8.

I usually see the need for skip when I'm adding a long sequence using h>click>h>chick>h>click rather than break the rhythm I'll just drop the unused house number into the middle of the road. When I reach the end of the sequence, I'll go back to it and, with two clicks, it's selected and deleted.
kjg53
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby JimboBaggins1966 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:46 pm

kjg53,

I like the numpad sequence change. I've been using your method of leaving unused HN's in the middle of the road. I'll try the numpad method next time I get a chance.
JimboBaggins1966
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby dfw_gis » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:33 pm

OK. I tried the number pad method and believe I see what you were describing. To skip ahead several numbers in sequence you will still need to add the next in the previous sequence that was already in the queue. Then go back and clean it up as a secondary step.
dfw_gis(5)
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]

Country Manager - Based in South Central Region
dfw_gis
State Manager
State Manager

Postby russblau » Wed May 01, 2019 7:12 pm

The number key shortcuts are (once again) being overridden by other scripts; the regular keyboard number keys are either trying to edit a roundabout (Toolbox) or changing the zoom level (WME FU, possibly?), and the number-pad keys (even numbers only) are scrolling the map (Toolbox).
[ img ] [ img ] [ img ] [ img ]
MAR MSM; State Manager: District of Columbia
AM Sussex County, DE/Westchester/Putnam/Rockland Counties, NY
russblau
State Manager
State Manager

Postby kjg53 » Thu May 02, 2019 6:15 am

Thanks. I'll see what can be done to coordinate with the toolbox.
kjg53
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby ArjoPoldervaart » Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:11 pm

Hey kjg53,

Thanks for the awesome script! I took a look into the code, but I am too unfamiliar with javascript to dare try something myself.
It would be great if a letter could be appended and iterates over the alphabet. Here in the Netherlands we also have HN like 26A or 40B.
And while you're busy, also additions like 74-3 and 23-10 are allowed here.

Thank you in advance!
Area Manager: Eastern Noord-Brabant, West Maas & Waal, Druten, Nijmegen, Wijchen (NL)
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
ArjoPoldervaart
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby kjg53 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:57 pm

Hypothetically, when given an address of 26X and an increment of 1 should the generated sequence be 26X, 26Y, 26Z, 27A, 27B, ...?
What about the second form where we have two numbers separated by a dash, should the script only increment the second number?
kjg53
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby ArjoPoldervaart » Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:37 am

Sorry for the late reply, somehow the forum didn't give me an e-mail notification. When the '26X' series is used, I have never seen it increase into something like 26AA. So I would say your proposal to increase from 26Z to 27A is perfectly fine.
In the second form, only the second number should increase, and that can easily go into three digits and shouldn't switch from e.g. 10-999 to 11-1, but just keep increasing, so 10-1000.
Hope that covers your question?
Area Manager: Eastern Noord-Brabant, West Maas & Waal, Druten, Nijmegen, Wijchen (NL)
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
ArjoPoldervaart
Area Manager
Area Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts