Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by kumiankka
KhR0N1K wrote:this guy is a god and very helpful! i tried this outside of EU (in Canada) and just pasted the "download archive" URL which is "https://www.waze.com/user/download_data" and it worked perfectly fine from there. i had a couple issues with the script, powershell and .gpx file since i had no experience with it but i just msged kumiankka and he was very polite and quick to help me out. thanks again brother.
My pleasure. And thanks for the kind words! Much appreciated.
kumiankka
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Answers: 1
Send a message

Post by kumiankka
RoadRunnerRunRun wrote:How do you open the file ???
File is encrypted. You were asked to write down the key when you requested the file. If you didn't have the key there is nothing you can do but wait till you can request the file again.

Unfortunately the data is stripped from any speed information by Waze. There is only series of gps coordinates that are snapped to the nearest road segment and the times of those coordinates with one second accuracy. It's enough to calculate average speed for statistical purposes, but I don't believe it's accourate enough to fight a speeding ticket.
kumiankka
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message

Post by kumiankka
PatO710 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:39 pm Sorry to resurrect this...has the format of the export file changed? I got the following:

Code: Select all

Cannot convert value "GMT(39.293679" to type "System.Decimal". Error: "Input string was not in a correct format."
At C:\Program Files\WindowsPowerShell\Modules\WazeDataArchive\WazeDataArchive.psm1:1583 char:5
+ $degrees = [decimal]$DecimalString
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : InvalidArgument: (:) , RuntimeException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : InvalidCastFromStringToDecimal
Apparently, yes. Waze seem to have added that time zone designator (GMT) to timestamps in the location details section, which broke my timestamp parsing. I'll see if I can find time to fix it.

kumiankka
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message

Post by kumiankka
proointan wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:32 pm Thanks for providing the script. 
Have you been able to support the new formatting?
(or do you have a copy of a previous formatting so maybe I could try changing the code myself? it's easier if I have the previous format of data)

Edit 2022-06-11: Ok. I decided to give it a try and I think I managed to fix all the issues. There were several chages to column order and also data format, and I also had to downgrade my develpment environment a bit. More about that in the expandable section below.

New version of the  script is added to the opening message of this thread.

The fix itself is quite trivial. Problem is that I had developed a bunch of automated tests for my module using Pester v4.x because I was learning Pester at the time. Pester has since updated to version v5.x which was breaking change and thus broke all my tests. So, in order to fix this minor issue, I should first redo 23 files worth of Pester tests from scratch before I could start working with the actual issue. That's because I used (and still do in my day job!) "one file per function" workflow and  compile individual .ps1 files into final PowerShell module using self-made compilation script, which doesn't actually rely on file names at all. Instead it reads function names from .ps1 file content using PowerShell's built-in language parser. One step of the build process is testing but currently build fails because all tests are broken.

I really want to fix all that because some day I should learn that Pester 5 syntax as well, but I just don't have time at the moment. I you want to try and fix your copy of the script by yourself, without diving into this unit testing stuff, then you could try to change lines 881 and 1138 of the WazeDataArchive.psm1 file from

$dateformat = 'yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss'
to

$dateformat = "yyyy'-'MM'-'dd' 'HH':'mm':'ss' GMT'"
Meaning same change to both lines. There is couple of more instances of $dateformat around lines 22 and 167 but they should remain intact.

Then change line 1029 from

$type, $dst, $displayname = $item.Split(',')
to

$dst, $displayname, $type = $item.Split(',')
And finally, change numbers in lines 1175 and 1177 from 19 to 23 and 20 to 24, respectively.

Actual line numbers may differ a bit because I can't remember which version of the script is currently published. Just make sure you are editing functions ConvertFrom-WDADriveSummaryConvertFrom-WDAFavorites and ConvertFrom-WDALocationDetails. If this doesn't help then there must be some other change in the data I have missed.

kumiankka
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message

Post by kumiankka
world_g8mslidc wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 4:53 pm Hi kumiankka

First of all thank you for this script !

It seems there has been an other change in data format :

Location details
Date,Coordinates
2023-03-01 07:24:36 UTC,2023-03-01 07:24:36 UTC(45.123456 4.123456)|2023-03-01 07:24:44 UTC(45.123456 4.123456)

Olso Some lat or lon point seems to have only 5 decimal instead of six.

Is there any way you could modify the script to take those change into account ? 

Thanks ? 

I'll see what I can do. No estimate about the schedule, though.

Edit: Changes in the archive data format requires complete re-write of the parsing routine. Format also changed twice and I have two different formats in the same file. This is going to take a while, I'm afraid.
kumiankka
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message

Post by PatO710
Sorry to resurrect this...has the format of the export file changed? I got the following:

Cannot convert value "GMT(39.293679" to type "System.Decimal". Error: "Input string was not in a correct format."
At C:\Program Files\WindowsPowerShell\Modules\WazeDataArchive\WazeDataArchive.psm1:1583 char:5
+     $degrees = [decimal]$DecimalString
+     ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : InvalidArgument: (:) [], RuntimeException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : InvalidCastFromStringToDecimal

PatO710
Send a message

Post by proointan
Thanks for providing the script. 
Have you been able to support the new formatting?
(or do you have a copy of a previous formatting so maybe I could try changing the code myself? it's easier if I have the previous format of data)

proointan
Send a message

Post by RoadRunnerRunRun
I requested a my data information. It says they will send me an email once ready to download.
It’s been to days , I was provided with a code also.
Will this data provide me with info on a trip I did , like speed at a specific time and place ?
I’m trying to contest a ticket I got ....
RoadRunnerRunRun
Send a message

RoadRunnerRunRun
Send a message