[Script] WME AltCity v.20190920.1

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, Glodenox, JustinS83

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

[Script] WME AltCity v.20190920.1

Postby russblau » Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:37 pm

WME AltCity is a script that simplifies adding an alternate street to one or more segments, with the same name but a different city than the primary street. Requires GreaseMonkey.

Download here.

FYI, if you have installed WME ClickSaver, which also has an "Add Alt City" control, this script will hide the ClickSaver link, but will not interfere with any of the other features of that script.
Last edited by russblau on Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:37 pm, edited 8 times in total.
[ img ] [ img ] [ img ]
MAR MSM; State Manager: District of Columbia
russblau
State Manager
State Manager

Re: [Script] WME AltCity v.20180805.1

Postby SeveriorumPatrem » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:44 am

Does this script function in any way differently than the ClickSaver version of this task?
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
The Grumpy Dad
The more I learn, the more I discover how much I don't know.
SeveriorumPatrem
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby russblau » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:32 am

Yes. The primary difference is that you can select multiple segments, even with different street names, and the script will add the new city name to each one (with the segment's original street name kept intact).
[ img ] [ img ] [ img ]
russblau
State Manager
State Manager

Postby steveinark » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:16 pm

This is really proving to be an excellent tool when working/resolving routing issues with RPPs, in rural areas ... of which we have a LOT. Simple and effective. Thanks.
[ img ]
Arkansas State Mgr (SM)
South Central Region Multi-State Mgr (MSM): AR + Louisiana - Mississippi - Oklahoma - Texas
Steve (Eureka Springs, AR)
steveinark
State Manager
State Manager

Postby JustinS83 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:01 pm

russblau wrote:WME AltCity is a script that simplifies adding an alternate street to one or more segments, with the same name but a different city than the primary street. Requires GreaseMonkey.

Download here.

FYI, if you have installed WME ClickSaver, which also has an "Add Alt City" control, this script will hide the ClickSaver link, but will not interfere with any of the other features of that script.

I'm glad someone else took up the responsibility of doing this...it's been on my I-should-do-this-but-I-hate-working-with-segment-naming list for a year :)

After some quick testing, it seems that this doesn't work if the city name is not already seeded in the area such that it comes up in the autocomplete drop down, but setting the city name still allows the script to increment the change counter and for it to save, but no changes are made.
Script Writing Community Coordinator
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby juliansean » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:42 pm

Thank you so much! What a wonderful time saver!
Sean Julian
SM: TX, LA, MS, AR, OK
AM: SE FL, Boston, MA, Brooklyn, NY, Bronx, NY, Manhattan, NY, Queens, NY, E CA, SW KS

[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
juliansean
State Manager
State Manager

Postby russblau » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:02 pm

JustinS83 wrote:After some quick testing, it seems that this doesn't work if the city name is not already seeded in the area such that it comes up in the autocomplete drop down, but setting the city name still allows the script to increment the change counter and for it to save, but no changes are made.

It was by design that it doesn't work if the city name is not already seeded in the area, but it was not by design that the change counter will increment in that situation. Let me take a look at that.
[ img ] [ img ] [ img ]
russblau
State Manager
State Manager

Re: [Script] WME AltCity v.20180807.1

Postby russblau » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:51 pm

Updated to version 20180807.1: Fix phantom save issue.
[ img ] [ img ] [ img ]
russblau
State Manager
State Manager

Postby Kartografer » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:45 pm

I love this script! Thanks you so much. However, in WME beta I get errors with this message
Property streetIDs of Segment with ID [any segment number will go in here] references Street with no generated ID for -100
[ img ]
Galaxy S9 running Pie on Mint
SM Ohio, AM New Mexico, South Dakota
Wazeopedia projects
Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.
-John 8:32
Kartografer
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Postby russblau » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:44 pm

Kartografer wrote:I love this script! Thanks you so much. However, in WME beta I get errors with this message
Property streetIDs of Segment with ID [any segment number will go in here] references Street with no generated ID for -100

Well, that's perfectly self-explanatory, isn't it? :lol:

It seems that something has changed in the Beta API, but it will probably take some time for me to figure out what. The script does work if the alt-name you're adding already exists on the map (for example, one segment has the alt city but the next segment of the same street doesn't), but that's not especially useful.
[ img ] [ img ] [ img ]
russblau
State Manager
State Manager

Next

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts