Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

[Script] WME Restriction Manager

Post by
Restriction Manager adds the ability to save, and apply, a set of restrictions in WME's restriction dialog.

Greasyfork: https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/36988 ... on-manager

To use the script, select a segment then click on 'Edit restrictions'. New buttons will appear that enable an editor to save the restrictions present on one segment then apply them later to another segment.
Ex1.PNG
The script does not recognize new, or edited, restrictions that have not been applied to a segment. You'll need to click on the Apply button and then click on 'Edit restrictions' a second time before you can save those restrictions to your browser's localstore.

The direction of the restrictions is not stored. As a result, you can save the A->B restrictions on one segment then apply those restrictions in the B->A direction on another segment.

Clicking on the icon in the upper right corner will display basic instructions and controls for exporting, and importing, saved restrictions.
Ex2.PNG

POSTER_ID:17000769

Send a message
Last edited by kjg53 on Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by AILe85
Hi and many thanks for this script !
Could it be modified to enable when using waze.com/fr/editor/ WME address ?
AILe85
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by AILe85
Hi, FYI, the script is broken by the current WME beta version. I guess the format of the stored data has changed.
To discuss it, it may be better to open a topic for this script in the right section ;)
AILe85
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by dfortney
I knew this script would come in handy someday, and it sure did! I just added the newly-opened I-77 Express Lanes north of Charlotte, and this made the process of adding the restrictions much easier, plus ensured the restrictions were consistent on all restricted segments. Thanks!
dfortney
Send a message

Post by dfortney
This script is not working for me. It worked for me at one time, but then I have not used it in a couple months, and it's not working now.

I try to Save an existing restriction, and nothing seems to happen. When I select another segment and try to "Load" -- nothing appears in the drop-down.

Any assistance would be appreciated; perhaps I forgot something crucial, but I've tried it a couple times in a couple different browsers, so time to post for assistance.
dfortney
Send a message

Post by dspille
Thanks for this great script. Any chance it will support turn restrictions at some point?
dspille
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by itzwolf
Definitely looking forward to putting this script to use, thanks for coming up with this!
itzwolf
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by juliansean
I used this script for the change of restrictions on our EZ-Pass only toll roads and it saved so much time! Thank you @kjg53.

Sean
juliansean
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message
Sean Julian
CM
SM: TX, LA, MS, AR, OK
AM: SE FL, Boston, MA, Brooklyn, NY, Bronx, NY, Manhattan, NY, Queens, NY, E CA, SW KS

Post by JustinS83
This sounds great and like something that we've been talking about needing for quite a while!

Could you add some screenshots of the implementation to the initial post? This way we can see what the implementation looks like and what to expect once the script is installed.

Also, it should be noted that the restriction has to be applied to the segment before it can be saved - I tried adding a restriction to a segment and saving it before hitting Apply and it was not saved.
JustinS83  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
kjg53 wrote:Woodvale,
That's a good idea. I must warn you that it might be a while before I have time to implement it.

JustinS83,
Thanks for the advice. I've added the images and a warning about applying before saving.
Looks good!

Thanks for working on this - it has been long discussed as something that would be beneficial
JustinS83  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message