[Script] WME HN NavPoints

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, JustinS83, Glodenox

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

[Script] WME HN NavPoints

Postby MajkiiTelini » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:23 pm

Greasyfork: https://greasyfork.org/cs/scripts/37001-wme-hn-navpoints

This script adds to WME the layer showing lines between all House Numbers and their Navigation Points, even not in the HN mode.
Layer is visible only on zoom = 5 and higher.
Visibility of the layer can be controlled in the layer menu and over the keyboard shortcut.

navpoints1.jpg
HN mode off
(252.67 KiB) Downloaded 847 times

navpoints2.jpg
HN mode on
(76.15 KiB) Downloaded 847 times

Meaning of the colors of the lines:

Forced & unedited => red

Forced & edited => orange

Unforced & unedited => yellow

Unforced & edited => white
Last edited by MajkiiTelini on Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
LC Czech Republic
MajkiiTelini
Area Manager
Area Manager

Re: [Script] WME HN NavPoints

Postby juliansean » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:36 pm

That's a handy script! Thank you.

Sean
Sean Julian
MSM: TX, LA, MS, AR, OK
AM: Southeast FL, Boston, MA, Bronx, NY, Manhattan, NY, Queens, NY, Eastern California

[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
juliansean
State Manager
State Manager

Postby SeveriorumPatrem » Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:04 am

This provides basically what I was hoping to get when I posted this script request a little over a year ago!

THANK YOU!!!!
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
The Grumpy Dad
The more I learn, the more I discover how much I don't know.
SeveriorumPatrem
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby MajkiiTelini » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:39 am

Haha, didn't know about this discussion.

The (my) idea has come from house numbers problems in our local community.
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
LC Czech Republic
MajkiiTelini
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby SeveriorumPatrem » Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:58 am

Upon further use, it actually doesn't go to the level that I had hoped.

Was looking for a way, without overloading the server with queries, to be able to visualize that HNs exist and where they're attached, without having to open the HN view first, and for more or less all HNs that would be visible in the edit window.

This script appears to scrape up the HN data each time the HN view is opened, and then keeps them visible until the screen is refreshed. While not nearly the time saver I had hoped it would be, it is still a step in the right direction, at least. Thanks!
The Grumpy Dad
SeveriorumPatrem
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby woodvale » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:41 am

SeveriorumPatrem wrote:Was looking for a way, without overloading the server with queries, to be able to visualize that HNs exist and where they're attached, without having to open the HN view first, and for more or less all HNs that would be visible in the edit window.

You can do that in Toolbox. There's an option to highlight streets with house numbers (shaded blue). You won't see the actual house numbers - you still have to go into HN view first - but you'll quickly be able to see which streets do have house numbers set.
John
woodvale UK Champ, CM UK & Jamaica, UK Partner Coordinator, AM City and South London
Latest Waze on Galaxy S7 Android 8.0
Waze FAQ UK Wazeopedia UK Forum
woodvale
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby SeveriorumPatrem » Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:00 am

woodvale wrote:You can do that in Toolbox. There's an option to highlight streets with house numbers (shaded blue). You won't see the actual house numbers - you still have to go into HN view first - but you'll quickly be able to see which streets do have house numbers set.

Yes, I have TB, thanks. Unfortunately, it isn't able to show you how many HNs are on that segment (false positive when there is only one HN but there should be six, etc.) or give any visual indication that any present HNs are positioned properly (ie. sometimes they are all attached at one end of the segment or something).

This script solves those problems, but still does it after the fact, after HN edit view opened.

I know there are issues with server calls if you want all this HN info up front, it is discussed on the other thread.
The Grumpy Dad
SeveriorumPatrem
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby MajkiiTelini » Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:39 am

SeveriorumPatrem wrote:This script solves those problems, but still does it after the fact, after HN edit view opened.

I probably don't understand you, my script does not need open HN edit view to show lines for all house numbers in all segments, which are visible on the screen. (So lines to some house numbers could not be seen, because their segment is ouf of the screen.)

SeveriorumPatrem wrote:I know there are issues with server calls if you want all this HN info up front, it is discussed on the other thread.

There is no other way how to do it. I did many optimizations to minimize server overload.
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
LC Czech Republic
MajkiiTelini
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby JustinS83 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:57 pm

MajkiiTelini wrote:
SeveriorumPatrem wrote:This script solves those problems, but still does it after the fact, after HN edit view opened.

I probably don't understand you, my script does not need open HN edit view to show lines for all house numbers in all segments, which are visible on the screen. (So lines to some house numbers could not be seen, because their segment is ouf of the screen.)

That might have been your intention, but I just installed and can confirm it does not work that way on the NA server, which would make sense since you are only querying for ROW HNs.
Script Writing Community Coordinator
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby MajkiiTelini » Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:54 pm

Oops, you are right. I completely forgot about the nonROW servers, although i know this issue from LMAO script...

It should be fixed now, please download version 0.5.1
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
LC Czech Republic
MajkiiTelini
Area Manager
Area Manager

Next

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts