[Script] WME HN NavPoints

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, Glodenox, JustinS83

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME HN NavPoints

Postby jm6087 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:39 pm

SeveriorumPatrem wrote:Have to admit, I'm curious about the alternative solution to HNs in the CZ community....

My guess would be RPPs
jm6087
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby ldriveskier » Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:03 pm

jm6087 wrote:
SeveriorumPatrem wrote:Have to admit, I'm curious about the alternative solution to HNs in the CZ community....

My guess would be RPPs

We're getting really off-topic here, but you can always take a look at what they're doing: https://www.waze.com/en-US/editor/?env=row&lon=14.23956&lat=50.03420&zoom=6&venues=9306612.93328267.20341099
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
USA LC/CM, MAR MSM, WV SM, NE OH LAM (resident of Ohio)
ldriveskier
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby dBsooner » Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:19 pm

WME HN NavPoints v2019.10.18.01 is out1!

TL;DR: WME HN NavPoints is now being developed, supported and maintained by me through WazeDev. The logic is the same, the colors are the same, the GreasyFork URL has changed. When you perform the next 'update' of your scripts, specifically WME HN NavPoints, you will be prompted to replace it with the new WazeDev version (2019.10.18.01). That's all you need to do.

Further reading:

Greetings, WME HN NavPoints users! First, thank you to MajkiiTelini for allowing me, through the WazeDev team, to take over development of this extremely useful script! Long live community supported scripts!!

So, as MajkiiTelini stated in a previous post, he has stepped aside from developing this script as it is no longer useful in his home area. Understandably, this also removes the "desire" to continue to develop and support it, let alone makes it more challenging as you don't use it when you are editing. Fortunately, he allowed me to move the code into the WazeDev team repository for continue development by the WazeDev team members. I have taken the code and did some (hopefully) nice little changes.

This thread will continue to be the thread for WME HN NavPoints to preserve the history of the script. I have taken over as the thread owner and will continue to update the OP with information to keep it the home for latest info.

Now on to the goods!

What's new?

Visually, not much. There is a new spinner located in the top left corner of the WME map pane that indicates when WME HN NavPoints is actively processing HN NavPoints or Numbers. Look for it just to the left of the map location (city, state, etc).

There is a new setting to disable the display of the HN NavPoints and Numbers when you zoom out wider than your specified zoom level. The minimum is 4 as anything wider (zooms 1-3) than that do not include segments less than mH in the data (they are actual in the tiles you see), so there isn't any data to put on the screen. Default setting is 5.

WazeWrap features have been utilized throughout the script to bring it into alignment with other WazeDev team scripts. The setting for disable < zoom level is also synchronized between browsers if you have setup a WazeWrap pin code.

I found a bug in the way keyboard shortcuts were being handled and fixed them, along with the assistance of WazeWrap here. So if you choose to use shortcuts to toggle the layers on/off, they will now save and be retained through sessions (as well as synced to other browsers [see previous paragraph]).

The rest is all "under the hood". I rewrote some of the logic involved in determining the way to gather, process and display the data to hopefully increase efficiency (read: less resources, faster processing, etc).

Thank you all for listening to my rant, on with the show!

Changelog:
Code: Select all
2019.10.18.01: NEW: Initial WazeDev version release.
               NEW: Updated to utilize WazeWrap features.
               NEW: Settings saved to WazeWrap for easy access from other browsers.
               NEW: Disable when zoom level < # setting created. Set in WME Settings. (Minimum: 4)
               NEW: Spinner in top left corner of WME when HN NavPoints are loading.
               CHANGE: Lots of under the hood stuff to enhance experience.
               BUGFIX: Keyboard shortcuts to toggle layers now remembered.
Last edited by dBsooner on Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
• AM: Eastern Oklahoma, DFW, Southern Florida
• Wiki: WME | Editing Manual | Best Practices | FAQ | Places
• AT&T | iPhone XS Max | iOS 12 | Waze Latest Beta
dBsooner
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5

Postby tenetienne » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:40 pm

dBsooner wrote:Place holder post for future use. Stay tuned......... :D

Looking forward to ongoing support / maintenance and development!
tenetienne
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby dBsooner » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:27 pm

And we are off!

Original post has been updated with the information and this post has been modified to show the specific changes.
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
• AM: Eastern Oklahoma, DFW, Southern Florida
• Wiki: WME | Editing Manual | Best Practices | FAQ | Places
• AT&T | iPhone XS Max | iOS 12 | Waze Latest Beta
dBsooner
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5

Postby cnor_il » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:08 pm

Hi

Why do I get "script alert history"? "
Attachments
WhatsApp Image 2019-11-12 at 19.58.32.jpeg
Script alert history
(29.99 KiB) Downloaded 68 times
קנור - מנהל ארצי מתנדב - בקהילת עורכי המפה
Cnor - Country Manager - A volunteer in the Israeli community of Waze map editors
[ img ][ img ]
הודעה ראשונה בפורום הנחיות להוספת מקום כללים לפתיחת בקשות עדכון בפורום עדכון מפה
cnor_il
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby ehepner1977 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:24 pm

cnor_il wrote:Hi

Why do I get "script alert history"? "

Script alert history is from the WazeWrap library. https://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=819&t=210961
SM: Missouri
ARC: PLN
LC: USA
[ img ][ img ] [ img ][ img ][ img ]
ehepner1977
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby SeveriorumPatrem » Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:59 pm

The new WME release today has added the ability, at long last, to see HNs during normal editing, similarly to this script's "HN NavPoints Numbers" layer. In addition, it allows direct access to entering HN mode right from the HN via an edit icon that comes up when you mouseover an HN.

That said, this new feature of native WME does NOT show attachment points from standard editing mode, you still have to go into HN mode to see them.

It *appears* (fingers crossed) that barring a surprise rollback or other broken thing not yet found, that support for the "HN NavPoints Numbers" layer will no longer be required, but this script still provides the enormously helpful feature of showing us attachment points during normal editing, which WME does not.

I don't know if the original author (MajkiiTelini) made this in response to my 2017 request post asking for this function or not (and that post was met with heavy doubt about the viability of such a thing), but I sure was happy when it came to be a year or so later! But best of all is when HQ acknowledges the benefits of a script-added function and is able to bake it into WME. Now maybe if they could take some cues from FixUI next....
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
The Grumpy Dad
The more I learn, the more I discover how much I don't know.
SeveriorumPatrem
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby MajkiiTelini » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:34 pm

SeveriorumPatrem wrote:I don't know if the original author (MajkiiTelini) made this in response to my 2017 request post asking for this function or not

Not.
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
LC Czech Republic
MajkiiTelini
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby Robert04101 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:37 pm

Having the attachment points layer is SO valuable--fortunately we can get the best of both worlds by having the (native) HN + HN Navpoint layers visible.
Robert04101
State Manager
State Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts