[Script] WME HN NavPoints

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, Glodenox, JustinS83

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME HN NavPoints

Postby G_W1Z » Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:37 pm

When I go to nudge a HN, it does not show the white line for it under a hard refresh. I recall it used to show the white line once it was nudged. Here is what I experience with all scripts/extensions but this disabled: https://i.imgur.com/PMlntdL.gifv

It looks like it initially turns it white as I begin to drag, but then it goes back to yellow once I drop.
G_W1Z
Pennsylvania LAM (USA:NOR)
Waze Etiquette | Pennsylvania Editing
A Phoenix out of the ashes...
iPhone XS | Apple Car Play
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
G_W1Z
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby jm6087 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:09 pm

G_W1Z wrote:When I go to nudge a HN, it does not show the white line for it under a hard refresh. I recall it used to show the white line once it was nudged. Here is what I experience with all scripts/extensions but this disabled: https://i.imgur.com/PMlntdL.gifv

It looks like it initially turns it white as I begin to drag, but then it goes back to yellow once I drop.

Are you using the latest version? I know I had that same issue not long ago but I believe that it has been fixed. The only issue I had yesterday was there were a couple that got stuck on screen (most cleared instantly) that forced me to hard refresh to clear. But that was the exception.

Edit: Watching your video, I see the dotted line moved but the color didn't change. I have never paid attention to that so take my previous comments with a grain of salt :D
jm6087
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby G_W1Z » Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:26 pm

jm6087 wrote:
G_W1Z wrote:When I go to nudge a HN, it does not show the white line for it under a hard refresh. I recall it used to show the white line once it was nudged. Here is what I experience with all scripts/extensions but this disabled: https://i.imgur.com/PMlntdL.gifv

Are you using the latest version? I know I had that same issue not long ago but I believe that it has been fixed. The only issue I had yesterday was there were a couple that got stuck on screen (most cleared instantly) that forced me to hard refresh to clear. But that was the exception.

Edit: Watching your video, I see the dotted line moved but the color didn't change. I have never paid attention to that so take my previous comments with a grain of salt :D

I am on v0.6.5. I tried removing it entirely from Tampermonkey and doing a fresh install but the same behavior occurs as in my video.
G_W1Z
Pennsylvania LAM (USA:NOR)
Waze Etiquette | Pennsylvania Editing
A Phoenix out of the ashes...
iPhone XS | Apple Car Play
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
G_W1Z
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby W1QA » Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:57 pm

I can confirm that if I move the stop/entry point for a HN that has a yellow line ... that it is white ... but after I save it returns to yellow. This is similar to G_W1Z video.

If I click on the chain in the status bar (to refresh the page) the line turns white.
Bob W1QA
SM VT + AM MA

[ img ] [ img ] [ img ] [ img ] [ img ]
W1QA

WME HN NavPoints

Postby Larryhayes7 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:43 pm

I was working in Beta WME and noticed that HN NavPoints is no longer showing from layers. This is working fine in Prod WME and I have had 2 Country managers also verify that it is not working for them either. I am running FireFox v69.0 I have also tried reinstalling the script from GreasyFork to no avail.
Thank you
Larry Hayes
Tri-Cities NE TN / Middle TN Waze Area Manager
Beta Leader/WME Beta Tester
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
Larryhayes7

Postby russblau » Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:56 pm

HN NavPoints has stopped working entirely after this morning's WME update!
[ img ] [ img ] [ img ]
MAR MSM; State Manager: District of Columbia
russblau
State Manager
State Manager

Postby MajkiiTelini » Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:00 pm

I know and I was prepared ;)
New version is available.

And I have a problem: since our CZ community is no longer working with house number (we have decided to use another solution to maintain house numbers) I have no place where can I test this script completely ... And I do not have a proper motivation to further develop... ;)

So if anyone wants to be responsible for this script, let me know. I hope I can still be a useful support...
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
LC Czech Republic
MajkiiTelini
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby dBsooner » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:33 am

MajkiiTelini wrote:I know and I was prepared ;)
New version is available.

And I have a problem: since our CZ community is no longer working with house number (we have decided to use another solution to maintain house numbers) I have no place where can I test this script completely ... And I do not have a proper motivation to further develop... ;)

So if anyone wants to be responsible for this script, let me know. I hope I can still be a useful support...

I’d be happy to take over development and continue down the road with it. I’d bring it into the WazeDev team collaboration group GitHub and GreasyFork. Do you want to discuss this more privately? Thank you for all the work you’ve done! It’s a great script which a lot of us use heavily!
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
• AM: Eastern Oklahoma, DFW, Southern Florida
• Wiki: WME | Editing Manual | Best Practices | FAQ | Places
• AT&T | iPhone XS Max | iOS 12 | Waze Latest Beta
dBsooner
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5

Postby MajkiiTelini » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:31 am

You’re welcome! Write me PM.
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
LC Czech Republic
MajkiiTelini
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby SeveriorumPatrem » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:01 pm

Have to admit, I'm curious about the alternative solution to HNs in the CZ community....
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
The Grumpy Dad
The more I learn, the more I discover how much I don't know.
SeveriorumPatrem
State Manager
State Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts