Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Old script update

Post by BrightMatter
Hi all,
I'm updating one old (local) script, which was comparing city names from database (imported file) with Waze city names. I don't have any technical knowledge ;) but I managed to update all changes in the script mentioned here on the forum.
Now I reached a point, where I see script works, but one of its major functionalities don't - he doesn't find names from file in WME.

Question: were there any changes in the script, which could change the way WME provides city name? I think this may be the reason why output shows that cities are missing, while in a fact they are on the map...

Thanks for any hints!
BrightMatter
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

POSTER_ID:16515049

Send a message
[img]https:///MV4Na6[/img]

Post by carloslaso
Highlighter City (2.0.0.2 / 1.7.1.31) comes to mind with what he is describing, I may be wrong.
carloslaso
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 1
Send a message

Coordinador de Comunidad en México / Foro MX
Supervisor Noroeste México

iPhone 15 Pro Max / iOS 17ß / Waze ß 4.x

Post by MapOMatic
Hi,
I'm not aware of any recent changes to the way cities are handled in WME, but it's possible I'm not thinking of the same thing you're referring to. If you can share the code for the script, I could take a quick look. Feel free to PM me.
MapOMatic
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message