Switch to full style
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Forum rules

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post a reply

Re: [Script] URComments-Enhanced (URC-E)

Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:19 pm

2019.07.23.01 is out!!
Code:
2019.07.23.01: NEW: WazeWrap settings storage ability.
               CHANGE: Compatibility with latest WME release.
               CHANGE: Cleanup of mutation processing.
               BUGFIX: Per comment list settings toggles.

Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:21 pm

I'll get to everyone's posts and PMs as soon as I can. Wanted to get this release sent out first.

P.S. Before thinking something is wrong with any script, disable all other scripts first. With scripts sharing resources / libraries (particularly WazeWrap), if a script causes the library to crash (error), other scripts can be affected by it. One in particular causing issues with URC-E (and likely other scripts) is PL Jumper. I am sure things will get updated by the script authors, but please be mindful of basic troubleshooting steps. :)

Thank you all for your support and help!

Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:54 am

The Beta symbol threw me for a loop for a second :)

Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:12 am

I just noticed that it seems to be the "Waiting" filter is not working correctly. I had URs that had no comments for >10 days but the filter was hiding them

Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:21 am

juliansean wrote:It was reported there was a conflict with URO+ also. The script author just made a change to the script, so make sure your settings on both scripts don't conflict.

Respectfully,

Sean

I currently do not have URO+ installed. Does that affect the feature?

Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:11 am

turbomkt wrote:I think that's exactly what dbsooner is trying to avoid. URO+ has extreme feature creep. URC-E is very specific in what it does (URC + the associated things from URO+), and I'd rather get some of the URO+ features broken out into smaller, individual scripts.

I agree. There are certainly features of URO+ that I really like but I don't use most of it since URC-E came out. Main one I still use is the feed filter

james890526 wrote:I currently do not have URO+ installed. Does that affect the feature?

It shouldn't be required for it to work. I'm assuming you already tried refreshing after enabling the unstack settings? It's working for me, but I have both installed (URO+ mostly not enabled)

Edit: I have this same issue. URO+ was actually causing my markers to unstack. When I disable URO+, the markers no longer unstack

Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:47 am

james890526 wrote:I currently do not have URO+ installed. Does that affect the feature?

You do not need URO+ to use URC-E. They work completely independent of each other. When both are active, it is possible to have some conflicts though.

Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:39 pm

turbomkt wrote:
Mvan231 wrote:
juliansean wrote:It was reported there was a conflict with URO+ also. The script author just made a change to the script, so make sure your settings on both scripts don't conflict.

Very good point! It's tough to keep URC-E and URO+ in sync, maybe another script is needed for this? :P or possibly a merger of the two into one master script? UROC-E+ :lol: :lol:

I think that's exactly what dbsooner is trying to avoid. URO+ has extreme feature creep. URC-E is very specific in what it does (URC + the associated things from URO+), and I'd rather get some of the URO+ features broken out into smaller, individual scripts.

After almost 7 years of continuous development, a little bit of feature creep away from the original intention of the script is to be expected ;) And back when I started releasing stuff on the Chrome Web Store, there was a fairly low limit on the number of things you could publish using the cheapest developer account option, so merging new ideas into one or another of my existing scripts rather than creating standalone scripts was the only sensible option if I wanted to continue supporting Chrome users.

These days, with the Chrome version of Tampermonkey working just as well as the Firefox version (something that was far from true, hence the need to release webstore versions as well as just the bare code versions on userscripts/greasyfork), and with the growing levels of control freakery exhibited by Google over what they expect from stuff in the webstore, I've decided to abandon that entirely and only do greasyfork releases from now on. As this means I'm now no longer constrained in how many scripts I release, it gives me the freedom and the potential to start thinking about taking a scalpel (or perhaps sledgehammer) to the URO code and breaking it down into seperate scripts focussed more one one specific aspect.

So your wishes may well be granted, just please don't ask me when, unless you want me to give the one word answer sure to strike fear and dismay into the heart of any seasoned Wazer... soon :lol:

Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:51 pm

Twister-UK wrote:
After almost 7 years of continuous development, a little bit of feature creep away from the original intention of the script is to be expected ;) And back when I started releasing stuff on the Chrome Web Store, there was a fairly low limit on the number of things you could publish using the cheapest developer account option, so merging new ideas into one or another of my existing scripts rather than creating standalone scripts was the only sensible option if I wanted to continue supporting Chrome users.

These days, with the Chrome version of Tampermonkey working just as well as the Firefox version (something that was far from true, hence the need to release webstore versions as well as just the bare code versions on userscripts/greasyfork), and with the growing levels of control freakery exhibited by Google over what they expect from stuff in the webstore, I've decided to abandon that entirely and only do greasyfork releases from now on. As this means I'm now no longer constrained in how many scripts I release, it gives me the freedom and the potential to start thinking about taking a scalpel (or perhaps sledgehammer) to the URO code and breaking it down into seperate scripts focussed more one one specific aspect.

So your wishes may well be granted, just please don't ask me when, unless you want me to give the one word answer sure to strike fear and dismay into the heart of any seasoned Wazer... soon :lol:

To further this statement, Twister and I have been in discussions in the past about combining our efforts so as to not "step on each others toes" so-to-say. We, as a developer community, don't want to take anything away from another developer or script, and definitely don't want to waste the time of developing the same feature set separately.

As the development community has continued to grow, the OG's have worked hard to create a good collaborative environment to assist each other. I am glad for this as it made it super easy to "jump in" when I started developing.

I'm with Twister on this, things will continue to change and grow, as to when.. well.. soon. LOL.

Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:37 pm

And just like that, more bugs squashed. That SHOULD be all of them. :fingers_crossed:

Code:
2019.07.24.01: BUGFIX: Further refinement of unstacking and selection.
               CHANGE: Future deprecation of properties for countries and states.
Post a reply