[Script] URComments-Enhanced (URC-E)

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, JustinS83, Glodenox

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] URComments-Enhanced (URC-E)

Postby james890526 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:06 am

Oh, thanks for fixing the unstacking thingy. Now it's working
Best regards,
Zhong Zhen (james890526)

[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]

Waze Malaysia [ img ] [ img ]
james890526
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby dBsooner » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:50 pm

edu_scott wrote:Can pt-BR be added, please?

I want to test the script :D

I have replied to a PM from GabiruX_. I believe they are going to work on the pt-BR translations. Please get with them and if they would like assistance, I will be happy to give you edit access to the translations and comment list. :)

Thank you!
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
• AM: Eastern Oklahoma, DFW, Southern Florida
• Wiki: WME | Editing Manual | Best Practices | FAQ | Places
• AT&T | iPhone XS Max | iOS 12 | Waze Latest Beta
dBsooner
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5

Postby dBsooner » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:51 pm

GabiruX_ wrote:
edu_scott wrote:Can pt-BR be added, please?

I want to test the script :D

Yes, we can help on. I already have translation to this old script.

Replied to your PM. Sorry it took so long to get back to you!

Thank you for offering to help!
dBsooner
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5

Postby dBsooner » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:55 pm

mincho77 wrote:Hi guys, I'm back on it, how can I get access to correct some bugs on Spanish Colombia texts and add some more on excel file, Im the owner of the old translation? and how can I ask to add a dictionary for Spanish Ecuador ?

I'll send you a PM as well. I received a PM from aamazotr about Spanish - Ecuador. I can add that as a separate Comment List for sure. Would you be assisting in maintaining this list as well? Or just Spanish - Colombia?

Also, does Spanish - Colombia and Spanish - Ecuador both use the "Espanol - Latin America" WME language setting?

Thank you for offering your assistance!
dBsooner
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5

Postby dBsooner » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:57 pm

dfortney wrote:dbsooner, thank you for the script - it is having a positive impact on the community and Wazers everywhere!

Now, for the inevitable Feature Request: I find myself scrolling down to turn off UR filtering in the settings tab — I’d love to see that more prominent. I keep a bunch of filters active but in certain editing situations I want to quickly “see it all”

Great idea! If you think about it, could you add it as a feedback on the GitHub page for URC-E? :)
dBsooner
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5

Postby vince1612 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:40 am

So when URC-E came out I asked to make 3 lists and since then I'm a bit ashamed to admit that I didn't take much time to dive into them much. I'm very late to the party :oops:

Partially because I've been much more used to the french script "WME UR responses types" by seb-d59 until now and kept using it for a long time, but it's only in french and is not really adapted for a multi-lingual community. So I am now (finally) making it my goal to complete URC-E lists this week and switch to this script with our community. I just have 2-3 questions/feature requests which I couldn't figure out by a quick-reading of this thread or the master sheet.
  1. seb-d59's script handled the greeting in responses based on time of day. (e.g. if you respond to the UR during the day it would use "bonjour" as a common hello (good day) and if it was after 6PM the greeting would automatically switch to "bonsoir" (good evening)). I'm not sure exactly how he implemented it but I thought it was a nice touch, has it been considered for this script or would it be too hard/complicated to add at this point?
  2. Also another thing I'll miss from that script isthe fact that it was offering a pop-up UR response list which adjusted itself based on the UR type next to the UR window instead of in the left panel (see pic). Just wondering if a similar option had been considered here yet or not?
    popup.png
    (344.42 KiB) Downloaded 84 times
  3. This one is more only about URC-E and the "Automatically switch comment lists" feature that switches lists based on areas. I cannot figure out where and how those area can be setup or defined. I think I might have asked way back when and remember something about providing kml files or polygon((coordinates)) directly to the script author, is that right or am I missing something else?
Thanks and looking forward to get things running with URC-E. ;)
[ img ]
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D) (FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby dBsooner » Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:33 pm

vince1612 wrote:So when URC-E came out I asked to make 3 lists and since then I'm a bit ashamed to admit that I didn't take much time to dive into them much. I'm very late to the party :oops:

Partially because I've been much more used to the french script "WME UR responses types" by seb-d59 until now and kept using it for a long time, but it's only in french and is not really adapted for a multi-lingual community. So I am now (finally) making it my goal to complete URC-E lists this week and switch to this script with our community. I just have 2-3 questions/feature requests which I couldn't figure out by a quick-reading of this thread or the master sheet.
  1. seb-d59's script handled the greeting in responses based on time of day. (e.g. if you respond to the UR during the day it would use "bonjour" as a common hello (good day) and if it was after 6PM the greeting would automatically switch to "bonsoir" (good evening)). I'm not sure exactly how he implemented it but I thought it was a nice touch, has it been considered for this script or would it be too hard/complicated to add at this point?
  2. Also another thing I'll miss from that script isthe fact that it was offering a pop-up UR response list which adjusted itself based on the UR type next to the UR window instead of in the left panel (see pic). Just wondering if a similar option had been considered here yet or not?
    popup.png
  3. This one is more only about URC-E and the "Automatically switch comment lists" feature that switches lists based on areas. I cannot figure out where and how those area can be setup or defined. I think I might have asked way back when and remember something about providing kml files or polygon((coordinates)) directly to the script author, is that right or am I missing something else?
Thanks and looking forward to get things running with URC-E. ;)

1. We do have a casual time of day, but it is in reference to when the drive happened (report was made). I can add the option to add a salutation based on time of day. It will be a variable that can be added to the responses. Similar to all the others.

2. That's a little more in depth. As a starting point, I would suggest grouping your responses together in "groups" based on common UR types, or issues. Maybe in the future, I can add tagging to responses to allow the list to be filtered based on the tags collated to the UR type. But that would be a future thing.

3. Auto switching is setup "per list". There is a tab in the URC-E Master Control sheet that lets us specify a given lists area. The area can be an entire state (if the country support it) or country. If auto-switching is enabled for a user, and they click a UR in a state/country that has a list associated with it, the list is automatically changed to the one specified for that state/country. Then switched back if they open a UR outside that area.

If you have a list that you would like to have setup as a default for a given state or country, let me know. :)
dBsooner
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5

Postby vince1612 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:08 pm

Thanks for all the answers, for 3 it was apparently already done for States and I must have forgot, I only asked again because it didn't seem to work when I tried the script at work. But I'll try again from home. ;)
[ img ]
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby dBsooner » Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:13 pm

vince1612 wrote:Thanks for all the answers, for 3 it was apparently already done for States and I must have forgot, I only asked again because it didn't seem to work when I tried the script at work. But I'll try again from home. ;)

Ahhh.. You are right! We did set it up for states. If you can give me a PL to a UR and the list it should switch to, I'll test it. :)
dBsooner
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5

Postby vince1612 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:05 pm

dBsooner wrote:If you can give me a PL to a UR and the list it should switch to, I'll test it. :)

Thanks, I tried and it doesn't seem to switch on its own from home either.
German speaking State UR: https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=row&lo ... t=13432243
French speaking State UR: https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=row&lo ... t=13502508
[ img ]
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts